Halloween Looks: Aracely, Bridgette, Mollie, Cynthia
This post features Aracely’s Beetlejuice inspired look to mimic Lydia, Bridgette as BatGirl, Mollie’s makeup to complement her Big Bird costume, and Cynthia as a vampire.
Check out their looks!
Aracely as Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice
“Lydia Deetz” by Aracely
ARACELY is 24 years old and in love with makeup. She uses makeup as an expression of beauty but also as an expressino of an artistic quality she feels she possesses to a certain degree.
INSPIRATION: My inspiration for my Halloween Look was Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice. She was the young girl who was able to see the dead and conjured up BeetleJuice as well. I merged the looks from both the Live-action film and the cartoon that was created shortly after the movie and modernized it.
- EYES: Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion, Sephora’s Tokyo Palette (L5, R2), Urban Decay Psychedelic Sister Eyeshadow, and Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner.
- LIPS: MAC Dark Deed Lipstick.
- FACE: Clinique Creamwhip Superfit, CoverGirl Ivory Pressed Powder.
Bridgette’s BatGirl look
“BatGirl” by Bridgette
BRIDGETTE loves to use makeup to challenge herself and redefine conventional beauty. She enjoys cooking, reading, and blogging.
INSPIRATION: I decided to be BatGirl because I wanted to break in to Halloween makeup by doing a mask and since I’m pretty shy what better way to be bold and daring than anonymously?
- EYES: MAC Black Black Pigment, Bobbi Brown Black Ink Gel Liner, and Sugar Pill Burning Heart Palette.
- LIPS: MAC Hover Lip Liner, MAC Creme d’Nude Lipstick, and MAC Resort Life Lipgelee.
Mollie’s Big Bird look
“Big Bird” by Mollie
MOLLIE is a pediatrician in a small Mississippi town and a life-long makeup addict.
INSPIRATION: I’ve always loved dressing up for Halloween, especially when I was a child as that was the only time my mother would let me wear makeup. Today our local hospital and it’s affiliated clinics had a costume contest. Since I work with children, I didn’t want to dress-up as anything too scary or sexy. I found the cutest Big Bird costume at Target and knew I had found the right one. Now….how to incorporate some makeup into the fun… At first I tried to duplicate Big Bird’s bright pink and blue eyelids, but it seemed flat. So…I decided to go for a Big Bird “inspired” look instead, using his colors–yellow, orange, pink and blue–as my palette.
- EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Urban Decay Flipside 24/7 Liner, Elizabeth Arden Blush #05 Smooth Line Lip Liner, Urban Decay Honey Eyeshadow, L’Oreal Fiery HIP Pigment, Urban Decay Radium Eyeshadow, Milani White Eyeliner, Maybelline XXL Extensions Mascara, LA Splash Metallic Mascara in Blue Fantasea.
- LIPS: Milani Rose Hip Lipstick, Milani Mandarina Lipstick, and Urban Decay Honey Eyeshadow.
- FACE: Estee Lauder Nectar Tender Blush and Too Faced World Domination to highlight.
Cynthia’s vampire look
“Vampire” by Cynthia
CYNTHIA is a makeup addict. She says she owns way too much of it but doesn’t wear it on a regular basis. She loves the prettiness of it all, sitting in and around her vanity.
INSPIRATION: My look was loosely based on the Twilight vamps, but I decided to wear fangs, and a very vampy dress/hood, as well as a very dark and dramatic eye.
- EYES: MAC Blackground Paint Pot, Annabelle Graphite, MAC Carbon Eyeshadow, MAC Brash & Bold Pigment, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, and Ardell Romantic Lashes.
- FACE: MAC Frost Pigment and MAC Scene Eyeshadow.