With October comes Halloween, on the 31st, and because Temptalia is all about creativity and makeup, we want to see what our readers can come up with to celebrate the holiday through the powers of beauty and artistry!
Introducing… Temptalia’s Halloween Mask Challenge!
Show off your talent by creating a face mask that you might see as part of a Halloween contest — this means the content of your mask is quite open-ended, as there are an endless number of costumes one might wear for the spooky night. The mask must be made using makeup (props are welcome), and it must appear on a person, whether it’s you or a model.
Winner receives a $60 prize (half in MAC, half in other high-end beauty products). There will be one grand prize winner, but there will also be a smaller prize that goes to the person who wins the “readers’ choice” award!
Contest ends October 31st, 2007.
Keep reading to view the details, contest rules, and see some examples of past MAC Cosmetics Halloween face charts for inspiration.
1) Only one entry per person will be judged and entered. You may submit multiple ones, but only one will be entered into the contest; just let Temptalia know which you want judged (for example, you submit one October 4th, but then think you do a better one October 20th, you can have the second submission as your entry!).
2) Each entry must be accompanied by at least one close-up shot and one full-face shot to be considered of the mask on a person. It is a mask, so a full face is absolutely necessary to truly show it off! Dimensions of the photos bust me a minimum of 390 pixels wide. More photos are most definitely encouraged, but not required.
3) Entries must be accompanied by a list of products used (if you end up forgetting a few, that’s OK, but knowing the main products used is essential!).
3) Contest entries will be posted on Temptalia throughout the month, but judging will not occur until November 1st, 2007.
4) Prizes and rules are subject to change at any time without any notice (gotta cover my rear, right? Yay, legal mumbo jumbo!).
5) Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31st, 2007.
All entries will be judged by a panel to determine a grand prize winner ($60 value of beauty products, with $30 guaranteed to be MAC). Readers will be able to vote for their favorite to select one entry to receive the readers’ award and subsequent prize ($30 value of beauty products).
These photos are face charts done by MAC artists in the past, and these detail what a face mask can be.