China Glaze Retro Diva Collection for Fall 2009 Swatches Part 1
China Glaze Retro Diva Collection for Fall 2009 – Part 1
For fall, China Glaze is bringing back the shades of the 70s for your polishing pleasure. Twelve shades with metallic-y finishes, soft shimmer, and lots of deep hues. Here are six of the twelve, with the second set to follow shortly! Of these six, my favorites were Short & Sassy, Stella, and Stroll.
- Far Out is a warm-toned caramel brown with golden-bronze shimmer. It applies evenly and is opaque in about one medium thick coat or two thin-to-medium coats.
- Short & Sassy is a gorgeous, rich burgundy-red-wine with low shimmer. It’s a rich shade of garnet, which definitely makes it a perfect hue for the cooler fall season.
- Stella is a purple wine shade with fuchsia-pink shimmer. It applies easily and streak-free with either two thin or medium thick coats.
- Stroll is a mostly opaque strawberry-jelly shade of red with golden shimmer weaved through it. I really loved the color itself, but I found application a bit more finnicky, so more precise, clean application is a must.
- Drive In is a fiery red with orange glimmer that really does remind mem of the way fire looks at night. Very pretty!
- Free Love is a bright shade of orange with just a touch of brownish-red in it that keeps it from being too bright. I love the flecks of orange shimmer in it.
See more swatches…
Short & Sassy