- DermStore — 15% off $100+ orders with code SAVE15, 20% off $125+ orders with code SAVE20, 25% off $150+ orders with code SAVE25, ends 3/03.
- Neiman Marcus — Take $50 off your purchase of $200+ or $100 off your purchase of $400+ (includes beauty & fragrance) with code FASHION, starts 2/27 and ends 2/28.
- Saks — Earn up to a $700 gift card with your purchase with code MARCH2017, ends 3/02.
Tutorial for filling in your brows! 🙂
No matter how hurried I am, I try to take time to fill in my brows. It really helps define and enhance their shape, and I find it always gives me a more polished look–even if I’m not wearing any makeup otherwise. It’s pretty simple — all you need is a thin, angled brush (like the MAC 266) and a brow-colored powder (I use MAC Espresso eyeshadow). Some common shades for brows by MAC are Omega, Wedge, Cork, and Brun, as well.
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel! 🙂
Episode #5 of Be-YOU-tified is up featuring yours truly!! This episode’s focus was on how to cover up/minimize the appearance of dry skin and breakouts. I’m pleased to report my skin is back to normal and back to behaving 🙂 Thanks to Koren for filming and editing!
Live video tutorial for the bright look featured earlier today… And yay, it showed up in HD 🙂 Which is just a little scary, LOL.
Here’s the video tutorial I spoke of in the look post earlier today… As I mentioned, I’m really disappointed with the quality of the video from the Flip camera I was trying out. I’m going to use my other camera for the next video attempt, whenever that may be, I couldn’t tell ya 😉 I hope you at least find it somewhat useful.
I managed to con my Dad into letting me borrow his video camera (trust me, I had to leave my traincase on deposit) so I could at least give the live tutorial idea try, since that’s what everyone appears to want. I guess it’s okay for a first try, though I’m not too satisfied with the end result so we will see if I do another in the future. I totally winged it – didn’t have the look planned or what I was going to say. I have to say I learned these things, though:
1) Video is entirely UNFORGIVING! I look about 12 without makeup (and why did my hair decide to go wonky shortly after I started?)
2) Naturalish light (aka craptastic white flourescent) is not my best light
3) Never bother with moving my face closer and slanting (unflattering much?)
4) Look more at the camera
5) Don’t use a look you’ve never done as your first video tutorial material!
But at least I learned something from it, so hopefully if/when I do a second one, I can improve by leaps and bounds! 🙂
If you’re a regular YouTuber, feel free to friend/subscribe, http://www.youtube.com/user/temptalia.
Check out what I used…