What I love about the color of pewter is the variety… it can lean cool, silvery or warmer, more like a dirty, antique gold. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sephora Lunar Eclipse — a sparkling silver and gold mix
- MAC Antique Diamond — a medium-dark pewter with warm undertones
- Dior Etoile — a light, shimmering silver and gold
- Sugarpill Tiara — – a silver-leaning pewter
- L’Oreal Gilded Envy — a dark pewter with bronze and antique gold shimmer
>> See side-by-side swatches! <<
I love colorful eyeshadows, and there have been some interesting palettes that have released over the years! If you’re in the market for something that’s not just neutrals, you may want to check out some of these. Too Faced Pretty Rebel and Marc Jacobs Beauty The Siren both deserve honorable mentions; two of my favorites, but they are limited edition. I try to make these lists stand the test of time and avoid limited edition inclusions, but at this moment, both palettes are still available for purchase if they interest you. For now
- Sugarpill Cold Chemistry — a set of four, cool-toned shades
- bareMinerals The Elements — beige, orange, green, and blue for a particularly unique color combination
- Urban Decay Electric — for bold, bright near-neons
- Tarina Tarantino Fantastical — if you love purple, this one’s for you
- Sleek Sunset — bright golds, yellows, and coppers
I love purple eyeshadow! It’s such a great shade to use on the outer lid or crease when paired with golds, pinks, corals, and aquas. These are five of my current top picks for anyone on the hunt for a fun purple eyeshadow to try! (You can see them all here in the Swatch Gallery.) What are your favorites? What would you recommend to other readers?
- Sugarpill Hysteric — a sparkling, medium purple with warm undertones
- Urban Decay Flash — a light-medium, cool-toned purple
- Inglot #439 — a medium-dark, rich purple with a frosted finish
- Make Up For Ever #92 — a deep, vibrant purple with a matte finish
- Makeup Geek Duchess — a muted, cool-toned purple with a satin finish
Reader Sylirael asked if I had done a post on aqua eyeshadows, and the last time I did one was back in ’11, so I thought three years later might be a good time to update my top five!
- Giorgio Armani #10 — a metallic, aqua-blue
- Sugarpill Mochi — a muted, aqua blue with a satin finish
- Inglot #345 — a minty, aqua green with a matte finish
- Make Up For Ever #93 — a bold, bright aqua-green
- Urban Decay Shattered — a gold-shimmered, muted aqua blue
What are your favorite aqua-hued eyeshadows?
I love green eyeshadow! Whether it’s a soft, pastel green or a deep, emerald green or a murky, earthy, olive green. Here are some of my favorites for brighter pops of green for spring.
- Make Up For Ever #91 — a bright, medium green with yellow undertones
- Illamasqua Pivot — a pop of chartreuse with a matte finish
- Sugarpill Tipsy — a shimmery, frosted green
- MAC Lucky Green — a bright, shimmering yellow-toned green
- Illamasqua Fledgling –a vibrant, grass green with a matte finish
What are your favorite shades of green for spring?
I thought coming up with a beautiful rainbow of hues might be a fun (and challenging!) theme to work under. Of course, I took liberties with the concept of rainbow and added a few in-between shades to make a full list of ten. I would love to see what your top ten shades are, in rainbow-order, so-to-speak!
- Urban Decay 69 — a bright, medium-dark red with cool undertones
- Zoya Amy — a fiery, gold-shimmered orange
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake — bright, matte yellow
- Illamasqua Fledgling — rich, grassy green with a matte finish
- OCC Man by Man — a metallic teal
- Urban Decay Radium — a medium blue with shimmer
- Sephora My Boyfriend’s Jeans — a blue-purple with shimmer
- Fyrinnae Parental Advisory — a bold, cool-toned purple
- Too Faced Lollipop — violet with fuchsia shimmer
- Dior Aventure (81) — because life isn’t complete without taupe
Share your favorites… For bonus points, feel free to share picks for teal, violet, and taupe