Stila’s Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss ($22.00 each) is new for fall, and they are simply amazing. Six shades of patent-leather, ultra-glossy opaque lipgloss? I’m so there. I’ve only tried three of the six, and they’re all stunning. The gloss is fairly thick, but I didn’t experience any tackiness really–these feel like lip lacquers or liquid lipstick more or less. These glosses will be available September 2009, but you might see them pop up on stilacosmetics.com earlier if you keep your fingers crossed.
- Joy is a deep red-burgundy, but it’s actually subdued a bit. It’s not a scarlet red, but it’s still noticeably red. This one had the best finish, pay off, and overall look from the three I tried. It was thick, luxe, and covered in one coat.
- Giggle is a hot fuchsia pink. There is *no* room for shyness with this one. You wear it and ROCK IT! I don’t know if I’ve ever come across a brighter pink lipgloss in my life. Extremely pigmented, bright as can be, and super glossy.
- Happiness is a softer, more medium pink. This one felt the sheerest of the three I tried, though it was still mostly opaque, giving my lips a good dose of color.
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
Stila Smitten With Kitten Collection for Fall 2009
When Stila introduced the original pearlized Kitten eye shadow in 1997, Stila Girls everywhere scooped up the universally flattering pink champagne shade. And why not? Kitten was and continues to be all about soft playfulness. Well, this kitten has grown up, with three new makeup accessories to keep Stila Girls completely Smitten with Kitten. Introducing the new Smitten with Kitten collection containing a smudge pot, a lip glaze and a black cat smudge pot. Makeup that’s purr-fect for every occasion…
Kitten Smudge Pot ($20.00)
Our proprietary combination of pearls used to create Kitten are blended into a new Smudge Pot resulting in shimmering champagne. Wear it as an eye shadow primer, a shadow, liner or even a cheek and brow bone highlighter. Smudge-proof, water resistant, long-wearing and simply illuminating, day and night.
- Stila Pro Artist Tip: Use as an eye shadow base primer to help any Stila shadow stay on longer. Dab on cheekbones or brow bone as a highlighter to add a subtly, sexy sheen.
Kitten Lip Glaze ($22.00)
This Kitten is written in the stars with a pouty gloss that shimmers like the finest champagne. Raise a glass to your lips for a sophisticated shine, or touch it over any Stila lipstick for a dazzling effect. Long-lasting, non-sticky formula, enriched with vitamins A, C and E to moisturize and smooth without feathering, is kissably gorgeous.
- Stila Pro Artist Tip: Apply lightly for a sheer sparkling finish or add a second coat for a more color-intense shine that adds dimension and fullness to lips.
Black Cat Smudge Pot ($20.00)
Forget about the superstition when this black cat crosses your path. Like a little black dress and a flute of champagne, this black gel liner is infused with an unexpected blend of Kitten shimmer and can be used for lining the lashes or blending on the lids. Smudge-resistant, precise, modern and darkly lustrous.
- Stila Pro Artist Tip: Use brush #28 to apply closely to the lash line and either a brush or finger to buff out color for a thicker look to lashes and a sultry look that lasts as long as you do!
NEW Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss ($22.00)
Stila’s NEW Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss made it’s debut on the fall 09 Fashion Week runways and
quickly became a makeup-artist obsession. Who wouldn’t be completely enamored with the
intense pigment, full coverage, long-wearing gloss that is ultra-shine, all the time? A formula like
no other looks like patent-leather on the lips. This high performance gloss is infused with life’s greatest luxury… happiness. The formula contains rhodiola rosea, a botanical extract known to improve mood, working to optimize serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain. One application and you’ll feel amazing almost instantly! Stila’s Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss puts a smile on your face with stunningly lacquered, boldly beautiful, richly conditioned, luxurious lips. Lip Enamel Luxe Lip Gloss, in six chic shades, also conditions and moisturizes with an exquisite blend of antioxidants, essential oils and phenolic compounds.
- Joy Deep red
- Happiness Baby pink
- Giggle Fuchsia pink
- Nirvana Beige
- Euphoria Berry
- Ecstasy Wine berry
Availability: Smitten With Kitten – August 2009, exclusively at www.stilacosmetics.com. Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss, September 2009 at Sephora and stilacosmetics.com.
See more images… Continue reading →
Welcome Back, Stila!
Stila Cosmetics is really back, darlings! New owner Lynn Tilton has been welcomed into the Stila Girl fold, and she’d like to offer a complimentary Stila Appreciation 24kt Luxe Lip Gloss with a purchase of $25 or more. Just use code APPRECIATE. Oh yeah, that’s right–the website is back online and in action!
It sounds like Stila has some very interesting things planned for the future, so I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what direction they go in over the next few months. By the way, am I the only one who didn’t know about Stila’s very nifty rewards program? Where have I been?!
Check out the new Stila family! Continue reading →
Stila’s Summer Collection features a stunning quad, the Charmed palette ($28.00), which I am sure instantly created some temptation! The colors featured in the palette are a mid-tone copper, warm gold, intense teal, and deep burgundy.
The color themselves are quite lovely, as they swatch well with rich pigmentation. I’d describe the colors more of a coppery-pink, warm coppery-gold, teal with green undertones, and a brown-burgundy. The texture is smooth and silky, easily blending into the skin and no fall out problems.
The only issue I had with the palette was the packaging itself. The gold coloring and the detailing on the outside was beautiful, but it feels like it’s all cardboard. The clear part (where you can see the shadows) is super thin plastic–like what you might find on top of shadows. I’d have preferred something more durable. Otherwise, this palette is superb, and it is totally worth $28!
See close-ups and swatches… Continue reading →
Stila Cosmetics for Summer 2009
24 Karat Lip Gloss ($22.00)
- Vintage Merlot
- Brilliant Pink
- Golden Charm
- Radiant Sunset
- Precious Coral (Sephora Exclusive)
Charmed Palette ($28.00)
- Mid-tone copper, warm gold, intense teal, deep burgundy
Golden Noir Smudge Pot ($20.00)
Marigold Convertible Color Duo ($25.00)
- Combination of golden hues to bronze and highlight
Bronzing Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 with 24 Karat Gold ($32.00)
Loose Mineral Bronzing Powder with 24 Karat Gold ($34.00)
Mango Crush Lip & Cheek Stain ($24.00)
Availability: May 2009 at Sephora
See more photos! Continue reading →
You read right–Barbie Loves Stila launched this morning on Sephora, and they’re now ready to be purchased by you and yours. I’ll be abstaining myself, though the Talking Palette is mighty tempting. I hope you’ll all send in photos and swatches and whathaveyou when you get yours Shop Sephora.com to purchase!
Barbie Loves Stila Talking Palette ($40.00)
Palette features four pretty in pink (and purple) wet/dry eyeshadows that create the classic Barbie eye look. The best part? It’s foolproof! It literally talks you through every step of easy application and there’s even an insert card with instructions on step-by-step makeup application, as well as information on Barbie through the decades. Palette includes shadows in cool pink shimmer (base), bright lilac with gold sparkle (lid), deep pink (crease), and dark purple with blue sparkle (liner).
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a deep blue eyeshadow with white shimmer,a matte black eyeshadow, and a luminous coral cheek color
- Lip Color in Ponytail (matte cherry red)
- Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1971 Malibu Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a soft shimmering pale pink eyeshadow, a sky blue eyeshadow with white shimmer, and a golden bronze bronzer
- Lip Glaze in Malibu (pale pinky peach)
- Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara in Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1980 Foxy Doll ($40.00)
- Sky blue eyeshadow with white shimmer (**Sephora says this, but I don’t see it in the photo!)
- Soft pale pink eyeshadowwith pink and white shimmer
- Golden bronze bronzer with gold shimmer
- Lip Glaze Malibu (pale pinky-peach)
- Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 2000 Jewel Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a tan eyeshadow with pink shimmer, a brown eyeshadow with gold and brown shimmer, and a shimmering pink cheek color
- Lip Glaze in Jewel (shimmering vivid pink)
- Multi-effect Mascara in Black