Just in time for your Mother’s Day gift giving, Ebates has you covered with Double Cash Back at your favorite retailers, like kmart, QVC, Sephora, and Amazon!
Ebates gives you cash back every time you shop! Joining is free, and it costs nothing. Shop, get cash back, and Ebates will mail you a Big Fat Check four times a year or more. I’ve been Ebates member for over a year now myself!
Check out these double cash back offers:
Mother’s Day Double Cash Back
- Avon – 7.0% Cash Back
- Blue Nile – 5.0% Cash Back
- Coach – 3.0% Cash Back
- QVC – 3.0% Cash Back
- eBags – 12.0% Cash Back
- FTD – 20.0% Cash Back
- JCrew – 6.0% Cash Back (plus save 25% off all orders with code SPRINGBEST, expires 5/3)
- Lands’ End – 6.0% Cash Back
- jcpenney – 8.0% Cash Back
- Kohl’s – 6.0% Cash Back
- LivingSocial – 4.0% Cash Back
- Macy’s – 6.0% Cash Back
- Magazines.com – 40.0% Cash Back
- Nordstrom – 5.0% Cash Back
- philosophy – 10% Cash Back (plus, up to 40% off on selected products!)
- Sephora – 8.0% Cash Back
- Teleflora – 20.0% Cash Back
Join Ebates today and start getting cash back on your online purchases!
April is National Stress Awareness month, and whether you’re preparing your tax return or taking midterms or final exams, we all have plenty of stress in our lives. It’s important that we take time for ourselves, which in itself can be a relaxing time, learn how to manage our stress, as well as look for products that will help save us time. P&G Beauty asked me to share how I deal with stress, so here are seveno f my tips to managing your stress levels and staying beautiful and lovely every step of the way.
1. Lists! I like to make big picture lists, but I also like to make more manageable lists, whether it’s broken out into daily tasks or weekly tasks. When I put what I need to do on paper (or digital paper–I’ve been using Wunderlist a lot lately), it makes everything seem more doable. It is also such a fantastic feeling whenever you get to cross or check off an item on your list! You feel accomplished and you can really see the progress you’re making through the list, which in turn makes the things you need to get done seem more and more possible!
2. Make your makeup last! When we’re busy, we don’t have time to touch-up throughout the day, and more importantly, we just don’t need to be worrying about whether our foundation is melting, our blush is fading, or our lip color is MIA. I might let myself be lazy about using primers and creating the best, most long-lasting base when I know I’m hanging out at home or only going out for a few hours, but when I need my makeup to last all day, it’s worth a few extra minutes to layer your products so they’ll last all day long or invest in products that are long-wearing. For example, when I’m at a conference, I make sure to apply primer, then foundation and concealer, and then everything gets set with powder. I even set my pencil eyeliner with powder eyeshadow!
- P&G Beauty Recommends: COVERGIRL Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation ($9.99), comes in 14 shades, and it includes a primer, foundation, and concealer in a single formula, plus it includes broad spectrum SPF 20.
3. Prevent scheduling conflicts! Try to schedule your longer appointments before or after big events, tests, etc. If you normally go to get your hair colored every two months, try to schedule appointments away from when you know you’re going to be so busy that the last thing you’ll want to deal with is a two-hour hair appointment! If your appointment falls right in the middle of exams, try at-home coloring to keep your hair color going between visits.
- P&G Beauty Recommends: Clairol Nice n’ Easy Root Touch-Up ($6.99), which comes in 20 shades, sold more than 25 million boxes, and is supposed to get rid of roots in just 10 minutes.
4. Stay positive! When I was high school and for the first year of college, I was totally Negative Nancy. At some point, I just got tired of being negative, sounding negative, and feeling negative all the time and decided to approach life with a “can-do” spirit. It’s absolutely true what they say about being positive: it helps you achieve your goals and keeps you feeling happier. Sure, we can’t always be positive, but we can try, and we can try to see the brighter sides of obstacles ahead of us and find ways to overcome them, rather than drown in thoughts of “I can’t.”
5. Exercise! Take time out of your busy schedule to run? Walk? Jog? Swim? Yoga? Yeah, I’m the Queen of this excuse, “But I don’t have time!” But it really does reset your stress levels. The physical activity is just good all-around, even on a mental-level. I personally find yoga to be my favorite, because I can push myself as hard (or as little) as I want that session, and it helps to stretch out all my tense muscles, which I inevitably get from being at the computer all day.
- P&G Beauty Recommends: Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response ($7.99 to $9.99), which is designed to fight all three sources of sweat (heat, exercise, and stress), contains the maximum level of anti-perspirant active offered without a prescription, and is proven to be “4x more effective at preventing stress-induced underarm wetness than a regular APDO.”
6. Make your products multi-task! Multi-tasking products are a great way to save money, because you don’t have to buy all of them individually, but they can save on space in your makeup bag. They can also be time-savers in a pinch! For instance, if you take your favorite lipstick and dab it on your cheeks, you’re got yourself a DIY cream blush! Or, take your favorite red lipstick and lightly pat it on and then apply balm and you have a lip stain.
- P&G Beauty Recommends: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye & Lash Duo ($24.99), which combines an eye cream with a lash serum designed to hydrate and firm the eye area while providing moisture to lashes.
7. Keep family and friends in the know! You need your support system to know what you’re going through. When it’s a crazy day here at the HQ, I let my friends and family know. They know it’s a red alert and not to bother me unless the sky is falling–but it helps cut down on noise and filters out things like, “Do you know where I put XYZ?” It can also help others know how to help you, whether that’s taking over a chore or two while you study for a big exam or make sure you haven’t forgotten to eat a meal.
As we come to the conclusion of award season, P&G Beauty challenged me to take the looks from the red carpet and bring them to real life! What I really wanted to do was find ways to incorporate the trends we saw on the red carpet into cohesive looks. One aspect that I noticed was how much hairstyle and lip color could alter the overall look–some starlets looked glamorous with hair down and softer lips, while others went with bolder lips with their hair up.
There is something so old Hollywood about a simple up-do paired with a bolder–like a red–lip, which is always a classic staple of any red carpet event. I loved how Beyonce glowed at the Grammy’s with a simple red lip, brightened eyes, and lush lashes. On the other end, many stars let their locks flow freely with soft waves, ringlets, and curls, and often, this style is paired with a softer lip; sometimes it’s a beige, but this year, there was a lot of rose-lipped stars. You can see it on such stars as Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried. (I also thought it would be fun to channel Jessica Alba’s side-swept part, since it’s something I haven’t done in ages!)
Eyes: Define the brow by filling in with a color that matches your natural brow hair–I used COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers Eye Shadow in Brown Smolder filled in with an angled brow brush. Next, sweep on a warm gold (or cool silver) all over the lid–I used COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 3 Kit Eye Shadow in Golden Sunset–and then defined the outer corner and crease very lightly with a matte dark brown (COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers Eye Shadow in Brown Smolder). I lined the lower lash line with a matte brown (COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner Pencil in Brown Blaze). Apply false eyelashes or layer on mascara, preferably one with defined bristles to minimize clumping and enhance definition; I used COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara by LashBlast.
Face: I began by applying my moisturizer, letting it sink in, and then applying liquid foundation. To set and mattify, I used CoverGirl + Olay Pressed Powder in Medium. Then, I swept on a subtle rosy hue on cheeks (COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Brick Rose) with a slight shimmer finish to highlight as well.
Lips: To keep the look soft, feminine, and elegant, I opted for a light, rosy pink lip by using COVERGIRL LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Radiant Rose.
Hair: Start by washing hair (I used Herbal Essences Shine Collection Shampoo and Conditioner), then spray on a heat protectant and blow dry locks until fully dry. I used four pumps of Aussie Miraculously Smooth Smoothing Serum (designed to reduce frizz) between my fingertips and then ran my fingertips through my hair to smooth everything out.
Whole Foods Market believes it’s important that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body. They have an entire beauty and body care area in their stores devoted to delivering the latest and greatest healthy, natural beauty products for their customers. Their Organic Body Care Standards help to ensure the products you’ll find on their shelves are truly as organic as they say–all personal care products with an “organic” claim must be certified by USDA Natural Organic Standards and contain at least 95% organic ingredients. So when you see a label with “organic” on it, you’ll know you’re getting a product that meets their standards and isn’t just capitalizing on a trend.
To create this lip, I first lined lips with Mineral Fusion Graceful Lip Pencil (a warm rosy brown). Then I layered Dr. Hauschka Red Quartz (13) Inner Glow Lipstick, a soft warm red, on top. As a final flourish, I topped off the lip color with a layer of Mineral Fusion Dazzle Lip Gloss, a medium rose with hints of beige. Natural beauty doesn’t have to be boring beauty!
One of the hardest parts for customers when shopping for more natural and organic beauty products is that it can be difficult to suss out who actually means what they say. The government doesn’t currently require any labeling of organics in skincare, and this is why it’s incredibly helpful that Whole Foods Market has taken the guesswork out of the equation as the first major brand to make accurate labeling a requirement. Whether you’re looking for products for body, hair, skin, or makeup, you’ll find them at Whole Foods Market–and the brands and products they carry aren’t just throwing out buzz words; these brands stand behind their philosophies and embody them at the core. You’ll find brands like Gabriel, Mineral Fusion, Zuzu, Dr. Hauschka, Hemp Originals, and more.
For Northern California locations, Whole Foods is having a 30% Whole Body Makeup Sale from February 13th through February 17th. It would be a fantastic time to browse and get lost in their beauty aisles! And what better way to celebrate than with a giveaway featuring a basket worth $350 of Mineral Fusion?
a Rafflecopter giveaway