- Cle de Peau — Receive a 7-pc Beauty Bonus + 2-day shipping with $350 purchase through this link, ends 12/03.
- NARS — Shop 7 Days Of Surprise Sets – including a full-size 3-pc Audacious Lipstick Trio for only $65 ($96 value) through this link, ends 12/06.
- Shiseido — Bio-Performance LiftDynamic Duo ($45 value) + Free Shipping & Samples with $75 purchase through this link, ends 12/09.
We’re taking your nominations for the best brands and products for the 2015 Readers’ Choice Awards now through January 21st, 2015. Voting will open approximately January 28th, 2015. Show some love to the brands and products that won you over in 2014, NOMINATE YOUR FAVORITES now! 🙂
Now that I’ve reviewed all of Sephora’s Contour Eyeliners (one of my favorite formulas, period, with the bonus of being $10 a pop), I thought I’d share my five favorite pops of color from the range as a way to wrap up. (Tomorrow, I’ll share my favorite neutrals/basics, so stay tuned!) What are your favorite budget-friendly eyeliner formulas?
- Sephora Love Affair — a deepened plum with a pearly finish–it plays well with so many eyeshadow combinations
- Sephora My Boyfriend’s Jeans — a rich blue with a hint of purple
- Sephora Surfer Babe — a blue with a hint of teal and a pearly sheen
- Sephora Good Mood — a green-teal with a pearly sheen and subtle gold shimmer
- Sephora Go For a Ride — a dark forest green with a pearly sheen
MAC Toxic Tale Lipstick
MAC Toxic Tale Lipstick ($16.00 for 0.10 oz.) is described as a “bright coral [with a Satin finish].” It’s a vibrant, medium coral-pink with warm undertones and a satin sheen. It had rich, opaque color coverage that glided on smoothly and delivered even color that wore well for five hours. It was neither drying nor hydrating over time. This shade is a repromote. NARS Kelly (P, $32.00) is pinker. NARS Grace (P, $32.00) is pinker. Guerlain Geneva (48) (P, $51.00) is similar. MAC Toying Around (LE, $16.00) is lighter. Dior Sunset (660) (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery. Estee Lauder Defiant Coral (P, $30.00) is glossier, slightly pinker. Bite Beauty Crush (P, $28.00) is lighter. MAC Lady at Play (P, $22.00) is slightly pinker. See comparison swatches / view dupes.
MAC 5 Alarm Lipstick ($16.00 for 0.10 oz.) is described as a “soft orange-red [with a Lustre finish].” It’s a muted, medium-dark red with warm, orange undertones and very fine gold shimmer with a luminous sheen. It had semi-sheer color coverage, consistent with the Lustre finish, which lasted for three hours. On me, it was somewhat drying over time, which tends to be my experience with this finish, unfortunately. MAC Excite (LE, $16.00) is more orange. MAC Fashion Trip (LE, $22.00) is brighter. MAC Cherry Glaze (LE, $20.00) is redder. See comparison swatches / view dupes.
See more photos & swatches!
IT Cosmetics Radiant in Rose Vitality Cheek Stain
IT Cosmetics Radiant in Rose Vitality Cheek Stain ($24.00 for 0.136 oz.) is a rosy plum with subtle, cool undertones and a frosted, luminous sheen. MAC Sweet Samba (LE, $27.00) is lighter. theBalm Pinstripe (P, $22.00) is very similar. MAC Plum Foolery (P, $21.00) is less red. See comparison swatches / view dupes.
The blush has a soft, silky consistency that makes it incredibly blendable on the skin, despite being richly pigmented. It’s the kind of pigmentation where a little goes a long way, but thankfully the formula is forgiving enough that softening and diffusing color (even if you’ve over-applied!) is easily achieved. What I find neat about the product is that it looks a lot like a cheek stain once applied, but the texture is definitely powder. The finish seems like it might emphasize pores, but it gives a really soft, luminous finish that isn’t frosty once buffed and blended on the skin. For me, this shade lasted for almost ten hours before it faded slightly.