2013 Readers’ Choice Awards – Voting is Open!
VOTING IS OPEN! We’ve gone through all of your nominations and taken the top 15 nominees for each category (in the case of ties, we included them, so some categories have more than 15 nominees), and those nominees are the ones that made it onto the voting ballot. We encourage you to vote for the brands and products you feel deserve the award, and in the case where you don’t agree with the nominees, simply vote other or skip the question altogether. You can vote in our annual Readers’ Choice Awards here.
Voting will end January 11th, 2013 at 11:59PM PST. We will announce winners shortly after. You can check out last year’s winners here.
Happy New Year!
Can you believe another year has passed? Time can be so funny; at times, dragging on, but so often, speeding by and we barely have time to catch our breath. I hope this New Year’s Eve is filled with love and laughter, relaxation and joy. I hope you’ve managed to do at least one thing that brings a genuine smile to your face this year–if not a thousand things. I wish only the best for each and every one of you in the coming year, as I know, firsthand, how utterly amazing, kind, smart, and supportive all of you are so I am only wishing what you deserve: the absolute best. Thank you for all of your support this year, and I look forward to continuing to share new product finds, old favorites, and discuss all things beauty with you in 2013 and beyond. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to live out my dream!
Happy New Year!
Love & Lipgloss, Christine
P.S. — Here are some fun facts about the past year here on Temptalia…
- Reviewed over 1,300 products
- Posted 2,649 times
- Received 191,595 comments
- Shared information for over 250 collections (58 of those posts were for MAC, a few were snippets/previews)
7 Quick & Easy Holiday Looks
P&G Beauty challenged me to come up with seven different holiday looks/combinations, and here are the seven I came up with! I really went from a quick, easy, and on-the-go perspective. These are looks that can start off work appropriate and then changed up in the evening by adding drama in select ways.
A Few Tips & Tricks
- FIND A WAY TO SPARKLE! Whether it’s your hair, lips, eyes, or skin, shimmer, sparkle, glitter, and the like are often on hand for holiday parties.
- QUICK STEPS FOR DRAMATIC CHANGE include swapping out eyeliner, adding liquid eyeliner, going for a darker/bolder lip color, putting hair up (or letting it down), and changing clothes/accessories. You can easily wear something casual, and then put on a dressier top and red lip, and you’ll look polished and elegant in minutes.
- RE-HYDRATE: After all the blow drying, styling, and products, I followed up with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner (which I’ve given two Editor’s Choice Awards for best conditioner before here, because it’s such a great hydrator for hair).
- COLORED HAIR? Temporary hair color is best used the day before an event, while semi-permanent hair color, such as Clairol Natural Instincts, can be used a few days prior to your big holiday party. Permanent hair color can be done a couple of weeks prior. Remember, if you’re trying a brand new hair color, you may want to test-drive it a few days to a week before any big events!
The following post is an advertorial.
2013 Readers’ Choice Awards – Nominations
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN! Starting today, you can nominate your favorite brands and products for our annual Readers’ Choice Awards here. These awards are 100% decided by readers, as readers honor and recognize the best beauty brands and products. The nomination process allows readers to write-in their favorites, and the top 10-15 in each category move to the short list. I can’t emphasize how important it is to send in your nominations, because often the difference between making the short list and not is a handful of votes. You may nominate for as many or as few categories as you feel comfortable with but you can only make one nomination per category.
Nominations will be collected through December 26th, 2012. Voting will open on December 29th, 2012 (approximately). You can check out last year’s winners here.
Long-time readers may remember that from time to time, I would hold “Ask Temptalia” sessions, which were open Q&A sessions where I would take questions from readers about all sorts of things–from blogging to recommendations to dupes to education and everything in-between. It’s a great way for me to interact with readers on one-on-one basis, answer any questions you may have, and the like. I’ll keep this post open and answer any questions for a few hours tonight I also encourage readers to chime in with an answer of their own!
Edit at 9:47 AM PST: Thanks for an amazing Q&A session! I’ve answered all outstanding questions and have closed the post to comments, but you can still read them!