So Roselyn tagged me to share six quirky facts about myself, and here goes!
- I love doing jigsaw puzzles, like insanely large ones. The largest I’ve ever done was 12,000 pieces, and it was of the New York City skyline pre-9/11. I actually have it framed in three chunks. Someday I’ll have a house where I have a wall long enough that I can hang it on!
- You know logic puzzles? The ones where you have to figure out who did what and when they did it with what vehicle or something like that. I was so excited to take the LSAT just because you got to practice logic games, LOL.
- I used to edit ten online magazines when I was age 13 to 18 (yes, seriously, ten!). They were “zines” that I distributed via email on AOL. I think the most subscribers I ever had for one individual magazine was around 5,000.
- I graduated with 300 units from my undergraduate institution, where the minimum amount to graduate was 180, in three years. (Too bad my GPA wasn’t particularly outstanding, above a 3, but yeah — don’t rush through college!)
- I’m terribly allergic to rodents (including guinea pigs, which I’ve always loved) and cats, and I’m even a bit allergic to dogs (!).
- I hate law school with a passion!
Six quirky BEAUTY-related facts…
- I hate the way upper lash liner looks and feels on me… I swear, it makes my lids feel so heavy and droopy.
- I’m utterly confounded by the vast amount of ingredients in products, not to mention all of the products available.
- Beauty blogging has opened up an entire realm of brands, products, and knowledge I never knew before.
- I am addicted to chapstick, and I prefer all my lip balm to be in stick form.
- I’ve put vaseline on my lips everyday night since I was five.
- I am an utter dunce when it comes to applying false eyelashes! I either will get it done SUPER quick or it’ll take me an hour to get one side done.
I could tag other bloggers, but why can’t I just keep tagging… YOU! Share six quirky facts about you Oh, and if you like a challenge, share six quirky BEAUTY-related facts about yourself, too!
Teri at Aging Fabulous tagged me for this, and I thought it was quite appropriate to share!
MY BEAUTY SECRETS
- My Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid applied using the 182 buffer brush
- My Mascara: MAC Plushblack Plushlash mascara
- My Blush: Dior Amber Diamond SkinShimmer
- My Eye Shadow: MAC pigments (duh!)
- My Day Cream: Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Youth Complete (sigh!) — for my cheaper AM cream, I opt for Estee Lauder DayWear Plus.
- My Lipstick: MAC Mari-sheeno lipstick (gorgeous pink-coral with a touch of peach!)
- My Beauty Product Brand: MAC
- My Essential Beauty Product: SPFMy Favorite Makeup Product: Eyeshadow
- My Perfume: Dior Addict
- My Nails: Essie or Zoya
- My Feet: Pure African Shea Butter
- My Hands: Elizabeth Arden’s 8-hour or LUSH Lemony Flutter
- Three Products to bring on a deserted island: Moisturtizer with SPF in it, chapstick, & deodorant (LOL). I don’t know. I couldn’t really think of a third one easily!
- Woman I admire for their beauty: Monica Bellucci for being such a vision to look at.
- Woman with the Best Sense of Style: I don’t keep up with style whatsoever, I’m awful!
- My Ultimate Dream (but I do not believe in selling my soul to the devil for it): Being able to do whatever I want whenever I want–whatever that may be at the given time.
- How Do I Define Womanhood: LoveMy Favorite Fashion Publication: I don’t read any! (Cue shocked looks!)
I’m tagging… YOU!! Share your filled out survey with me in the comments!
Oh, Nordstrom’s, how you tempt me, let me count the ways… Dior Golds 569 quint is calling to me. I am rarely so tempted by high end brands like Chanel, Dior, etc., so when something nearly inspires me to buy, it’s an occasion to mark down! I reviewed and used the Goldfever quint a couple of weeks ago, but boy do I wish I had the Golds quint instead! This one is full of colors that are utterly me (okay, except the white color). (Hey, anyone want to trade?!) What stopped me from caving? Oh, the fact that just five minutes before I already sealed the deal with some fantastic new high heels (BCBGirls Saraff, $110!) that will kill my feet…
Dior Goldrush Summer collection is now available, btw! And of course, BCBGirls Saraff Slingback Sandals. Damn you Nordstrom’s! You get me every visit!
Come visit us at The Temptalia Forums! I invite you to register, join, and start discussing–today, why wait?
Introduce yourself, start a post, or reply to some threads! We have tons of great discussions already going on–so join in
JOIN THE DISCUSSION!
Mom is way too focused on looking good. What’s wrong with having some mud on your ears? Who says grass stains are passe? You should have seen her, she was so excited about The Furminator. She couldn’t wait for UPS to drop it off, and sure enough, just like she promised, she opened it as soon as it arrived. I took one look at that thing and went, “No freakin’ way, dude!” I mean do you not see all those sharp edges? And it’s yellow. Caution!!!But she totally knows my weakness! She let me sniff my fill (did you know that puppies are born to use their nose first, then eyes, and finally ears?), and she even gave me treats for it! She’s never done that before. Normally it’s *yank* “No!” and there goes my sniffing time. [Mom: you cannot sniff bushes when you are not fully immunized, I was protecting you!] Oh, but then she started using it on me. If she didn’t let me lay in her lap, I totally wouldn’t have let her. I mean, it didn’t feel good or anything. (OK, it kinda did!)After she was finished “furminating” me, there was a whole pile of my hair sitting next to me. What did she do to me! I didn’t realize she was giving me a hair cut! OK, OK, after an hour of recovery from the ordeal, I realized I wasn’t as hot as I normally am. (Mom keeps our house a hotbox, me and Daddy are always panting!) So I guess the Furminator can stick around. But only if I get treats!P.S. Happy birthday to me! I turn four months old on Monday! The Furminator ($34.95-59.95) is a grooming tool used for both cats and dogs (long or short-haired) to help in de-shedding. It comes in several sizes, ranging from cat, small, medium, and large, to suit your particular furry friend. While it seems pricey, just head on over to Amazon.com, because it’s much less (30-40% off) and it is truly a worthwhile purchase for any pet owner. I picked up the medium edged Furminator (and after receiving it, I could have gotten the large for a labrador afterall), had it shipped two-day, and I was quite excited to use it.The Furminator helps remove loose undercoat, which is often a source of hard-to-get dirt, dead hair, and even allergies. Much of shedding is caused by loose hairs of the undercoat, not the top coat, and the specially designed blade of the Furminator is able to help reduce shedding by as much as 80% over four to six weeks. Labrador owners often find themselves vacuuming multiple times a week during heavy shedding periods, and this product is a godsend to keep the floors cleaner (and my black pants!).(Hey, dog beauty products? I’m so there!)
I am very pleased to announce the opening and launch of The Temptalia Forums for makeup addicts around the world. I invite you to register, join, and start discussing–today, why wait?
Why forums? The Temptalia readership base has grown significantly in the past year, and as a result, we think it is vital to offer our readers a chance to interact and talk shop with other readers. In many blog posts, readers have started to talk to each other, and forums are a better way to facilitate and manage group discussion.
What about the blog? The blog will remain the same as it has been! Nothing’s changed–we’ve only added forums, but we aren’t taking anything away. You will still see my looks, reviews, and swatches on the blog. Generally speaking, the forum is for you, my dearest readers, something that you and I and future readers can build together into a solid, friendly community that just happens to love beauty. The majority of posts you enjoy on the blog will still be exclusive to the blog, so don’t forget about it!
We welcome your feedback & suggestions! We have spent the past month readying the forums, but there are always going to be a few kinks that we have to deal with in the beginning. If you see an error, please let us know! You can email me at [email protected] or PM user “temptalia” on the forum. We value your suggestions for additional forums or things you’d like to see in the forum.
Introduce yourself, start a post, or reply to some threads! Let’s get this community off the ground!
JOIN THE DISCUSSION!