In my excitement to tell (and show!) you all about my new hairstyle, I totally overlooked how important a before and after shot would be! So, here it is I was completely overwhelmed by the response to the cut, so thank you all so very much! I agree I could go as short as the original inspiration cut, I love that I have the illusion of length, but the perks of shorter hair. It’s not fear holding me back to go shorter, it’s how much I love this modified cut and how well it reflects me! Thank you all for your assurance the cut worked out and I could go short
You know what’s fun? When I started to create my autumn wishlist, I thought it would be neat to go back and see what I was drooling over during summer–and see how much actually made it into my stash.
From my first summer temptations set: Clinique Almost Powder and Ojon Tawaka “The Ball.” From my second set: MAC Electroflash products (still don’t love MES), MAC Dainty Mineral Blush, MAC Studio Tint SPF15, and Kiehl’s Brightening Mask. Finally, from my third set: most comfortable shoes ever aka Nike “Free Prima” Mary Janes, Philosophy Purity Made Simple, and MAC Colour Forms Powder in Suncentered.
Not bad, I would say. I snatched up a few items I longed for, but I resisted a fair amount, too! I gotta tell you, those Nikes are amazing. I keep meaning to get a second pair, actually. I want to stock up in case they get discontinued, as things I love often do.
There are twelve products that I’m just dying to try this fall! Have you tried any of these? Help me stay clear of poor products, and make it easier for me to succumb to the ones that are worth it. What are your fall cravings?
- Laura Mercier Lip Velvet ($22.00) looks like a sexy liquid lipstick formula. Something about Cassis speaks to me! It’s supposed to be a moisturizing, long-wearing lip color. It also has plumping ingredients, which I don’t mind so long as they’re subtle and don’t sting!
- Guerlain “Meteorites” Travel Touch ($50.00) is a smaller version of Guerlain’s coveted Meteorites. The only one available (from what I could tell) is Mythic, which is one I have in pressed form, and love. It’s very subtle, though, so it’s hard to spend another $50 on it.
- Lancome ‘La Base Pro’ Perfecting Makeup Primer ($42.00) makes me curious to see how Lancome’s face primer performs. I’m really trying to get into more primers lately, so I’d love to try this!
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate ($85.00) has always gotten rave reviews. I just started trying out my first Kate Somerville product (her Oil-Free Moisturizer), and obviously, I want to try out her much-coveted exfoliating treatment.
- Yves Saint Laurent “Rouge Volupte” Lipstick ($34.00) pretty much speaks for itself. Do you see that packaging? Something about it just draws my eye to it. Don’t know if I could bring myself to buy it just for the packaging, though.
- NARS Body Glow Set ($98.00) is something I have been tempted by for ages. I’m not usually a bronzer/tanner kind of person, but I seriously want this so bad. I just imagine looking super hot on a night out. Sigh!
- Givenchy Phenomen’Eyes Mascara ($27.00) is a seriously funky looking mascara, right? So of course, that means I’d love to try it out and see just how fabulous it can be.
- Calvin Klein Runway Radiance Illuminating Cream ($25.00) is supposedly a light-diffusing and long-wearing cream. I loved MAC Strobe Cream and what it did for me, and I’m intrigued by the Golden Glow version of this.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Liquid Airbrush ($45.00) is always a temptation, because Kevyn Aucoin is such an industry legend. I’ve never tried any of his makeup line, but it’s definitely something I’m considering!
- Nude Skincare Intense Moisture Mask ($60.00) is a brand I first was introduced to on my trip to Barneys in Las Vegas. I’m curious to see whether it outperforms less expensive skincare products. I’m always drawn in by masks, because you can never have enough of those!
- Ojon Detox Recovery Cleanser ($24.00) is a cleanser formulated to help deep clean hair, to rid it of hard-water minerals, chlorine, styling products, etc. I’m trying to get more into hair care, and if I do, I’ll definitely need a deeper cleanser from time to time.
- Fekkai Coiff Defense ($25.00) will help protect against any heated tools I use on my hair, should I ever learn how to use tools well enough to style my hair.
Here at Temptalia, we are all about making YOU happy! We strive to listen to your ideas and suggestions on what to keep doing, what we need to work on, and what just isn’t working at all. At the end of last year, we unveiled the current blog design, which was a complete overhaul of the previous layout. A redesign does not come easy – there are tears, fights, devestating arguments, and episodes of the silent treatment between the team – which is why we start early!
This year, we want to approach our redesign process with you in mind! Please help us find out what you love, hate, and can’t wait to see changed from the layout. For those of you who don’t like change, we make no promise that the layout will change dramatically nor do we make any promises that it will stay the same. We’re waiting to hear what you lovely readers want to see!
So please, take this easy and quick survey! Thank you! Continue reading →
I’m sure most of us have a problem of overpacking, right? I’m no exception! I took far more makeup to Hawaii than I needed to! In total, I took about 115 products/items with me that were beauty-related (this doesn’t include sunscreen!).
And of all of that, I didn’t use…
- Mystery kohl power
- UD Yeyo 24/7 Liner
- Red Flame/Orange Flicker
- Red Romp
- Fashionably Fuchsia
- Queen’s Sin
- Wild ‘Bout You
I have to say… that is pretty good, right?
Read on to see what I brought! Continue reading →
Aloha, all! For the next week, I am in Kauai (an island of Hawaii), vacationing with my family. (The boy is staying at home, and he gets to be on Mellan-sitting-duty!) Now, don’t run off thinking this means the blog will be at a stand still. No, no, NO! I have plenty of content geared up to post, and I expect to make plenty ‘o posts about what I do, learn, and see in Hawaii when it comes to beauty. And I have no doubt I will learn a lot about water-resistant and heat-resistant makeup! I also tend to be much better at applying makeup everyday while on vacation, so I’ll be showing you regular looks. You won’t even know I’m gone. In fact, you’ll probably wonder if I ever relaxed at all!
It’s my first time in Kauai – I’ve only been to Honolulu a few times in the past, and probably not for a good ten years since my last visit. If you have any spots or things to do to recommend, feel free!
The Temptalia team wants to know how we’re doing, and more importantly, what we should and can be doing to improve your experience and time spent perusing Temptalia. But in order for us to find ways to improve and provide you with what you want to see, we need to hear from you! Please take our reader feedback survey. Feel free to be as honest as you want, as all surveys are conducted anonymously. Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing from you.
You can take our survey… Continue reading →