Starting today, Saks is offering a large tote filled with unique, travel-sized samples with $125 beauty purchase when you use code FALLGIFT2, while supplies last, limit one per customer. There are several holiday launches available online at Saks already, so it might be a good time to get a start on your holiday shopping 🙂 Do let me know if you haul anything!
WELCOME TO THE NEWEST VERSION OF TEMPTALIA! We have been working on this continuously for the last six months: an entire recode and redesign of every bit and piece of Temptalia. We hope the changes make the site easier to use, features more accessible and useful, and if we’re really lucky, a little faster, too. 🙂 The new design is responsive, which means that the site will be better displayed for the device you’re using it with, like your phone, tablet, or desktop/laptop computer. We have also made some of our features more robust and have taken a lot of suggestions over the last year into consideration and implemented many of them across the site. If you find any errors or encounter bugs, please report them in the comments section below and let us know what device and/or browser you were using at the time. (Thank you!!)
These are errors/things that need to be added that we’re working on but aren’t instant fixes. We hope to clear these within 1-3 days. Update on 8/9: most of these will (hopefully!) be fixed Monday and Tuesday of the upcoming week.
- Sorting/refining functionality minimized on some features (notably, Foundation Matrix) – to be expanded soon
- Price Slider on Mobile: to be added soon
- Advertising Reskin overlaps right sidebar
Swatch Gallery: brand drop menu is missing from refine results – in progress Blog Post: Dupe List should show Brand + Shade name Unrated products sometimes show up as Fs Newsletter preview image not showing upFixed Add back +Vanity icon to Glossovers
- Scale thumbnails in Swatch Gallery/Dupe List to force size
- Adjust sizing on Samsung tablets
We have plenty of things we still need to do: more features to add, like better and more sorting capabilities, enhancing user wish lists and vanities, and things of that nature — so there is more to come! We hope to get on a shorter release cycle with regular updates rather than one giant one soon. Here are some of our favorite improvements that you’ll find this time around:
- Dupe Lists: Reviews now showcase the top 15 dupes, ordered by similarity with the % similar displayed within the review.
- Compare Any Two: pull up any two swatches (that I’ve done) on the fly to make your own comparison from any review
- Reader Reviews: see a summary of readers’ reviews for a formula (you can also add your own!)
- Larger standard photo size (760px, previously 550px) going forward
- View Most Loved/Most Wanted Products
- View Temptalia Recommended Products
- View Editor’s Rating on all result pages (Dupe List, Swatch Gallery, etc.)
- Reader Reviews Summary
- Additional sorting available
- Get Swatches by Formula: search for any formula and view all swatches we have for it, e.g. NARS Audacious Lipsticks, MAC Eyeshadows, Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows
- Get Swatches by Color or Type: search by color, product type, finish, price, availability, and/or undertone
- Compare Any Two: pull two specific swatches from the gallery to compare side-by-side
- Browse All Swatches: just like the previous version of the Swatch Gallery
- Sort By: Newest/Oldest, Editor’s Rating, Most/Least Loved, Highest/Lowest Rated, Price
The Dupe List
- Get dupes by formula: for example — see all possible dupes for MAC Lipstick or maybe you just want to see what shades of MAC are similar to Tom Ford
The Foundation Matrix
- Shareable shade matches: easily save and share top matches by specific shade for referencing later (here are mine for MAC NC25!)
- Refined algorithms and result ordering
We’ve teamed up with Beautylish to give away the newest BY TERRY palette, Magnet’Eyes ($96 value), which features shades ranging from icy white to shimmering turquoise. The formula can be used wet or dry, and the palette includes a dual-ended brush. Head over to Beautylish to enter (full contest rules here). Good luck! 🙂
MAC Nordstrom’s Finest Eyeshadow Palette
MAC Nordstrom’s Finest Eyeshadow Palette ($85.00 for 0.68 oz.) includes fifteen eyeshadows, with each being full-sized (the palette is the same size as the empty 15-pan palettes MAC sells). The palette contains an assortment of permanent shades as well as limited edition/exclusive shades, though some of the shades in this palette that may seem new were released in the Gravitas palette, which was limited edition (Soft Brown, Luscious, Carbon, Persuade, Plummed are repeats). I believe only Chains of Love and Felt haven’t been released before (based on my log of MAC eyeshadows). Full review soon(ish)!
See more photos & swatches!
Are you ready for Today’s Special Value at QVC? It’s the ghd Eclipse Professional 1″ Styling Iron, which normally retails for $245, but it is available for $179 today only, July 6th!
The ghd Eclipse Professional 1″ Styling Iron is designed to deliver a consistent 365°F (185°C) temperature and can straighten, curl, flip, add volume, all while reducing frizz. In 2014, it won Allure Magazine’s Best of Beauty award for Hot Tool/Flatiron. It uses six sensors, three on the top plate and three on the bottom plate, to keep the temperature consistent while you’re using it. The contoured, precision plates help you style your hair with smooth, snag-free styling. ghd says it heats up in a mere 20 seconds, making it ideal for those who are short on time. It contains aerogel technology that keeps the exterior cool to the touch, while the iron also comes with a heat guard and will shut off automatically after 30 minutes. The Styling Iron also features universal voltage, so you can travel with it wherever you’re going!
NARS Fall 2015 Color Collection
The Fall 2015 Color Collection, created by NARS Founder and Creative Director François Nars, stars a lush and lavish mix of shades for eyes, lips, and cheeks. The look begins with natural sculpting of the face. Eyes dramatize in smoky shimmering brown and golden ombré. Lips captivate in tones of iconic red. Making its official launch is the Velvet Shadow Stick, a silky, velvety shadow in a range of sumptuous shades for layering under and over, blending and setting, creating looks that are modern, sophisticated and always tempting.
Velvet Shadow Stick ($28.00)
- Hollywoodland Pale gold
- Aigle Noir Black infused with gold shimmer
- Glenan Navy
- Goddess Pink champagne
- Oaxaca Quartz
- Sukhothai Shimmering peacock
- Filbuste Black
- Reykjavik Grey
Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow ($29.00)
- Telesto Brown with gold shimmer
- Pasiphae Shimmering peacock burgundy
- VIP Red Dark brique
Lip Gloss ($26.00)
- Chelsea Girls Pink beige
- Baby Doll Shimmering candy pink
- Tribulation Shimmery rosy sand
NARSissist Six Appeal Hardwired Eye Kit ($59.00) (Limited Edition)
For Fall 2015, NARS Cosmetics introduces every NARSissist’s eye essential – smoky, subtle, minky, bold – the combinations are endless. The limited-edition eye kit features a compact of six shadows ranging from pale lilac to smoky charcoal, a mini Via De’Martelli Larger Than Life® Eyeliner and a newly designed travel size Wide Contour Brush #43 for easy application on the go. It’s neutrals worth noticing.
Availability: July 15th at NARS; August 1st at department and specialty stores