Beautylish has started their annual Gift Card Event today, November 6th, which lasts through Sunday, November 8th. For every $100 spent, receive a $20 gift card; no code necessary, gift cards will be added automatically to your cart. Gift cards can be redeemed once they’re received and are eligible for any brand and product sold on Beautylish. Open to both US and International customers.
If you could only wear one pre-made eyeshadow palette for a year, what would you pick? Share!
[temptalia_answer]Viseart Paris Nudes!
Do you have a question idea? Submit yours here.
Now, when you browse a brand’s page, you’ll find an overview what we’ve reviewed, top rated products, popular products, as well as how the brand has rated across general categories. This was inspired by reader @nonamemary’s suggestion that she’d like to go to a page and get an overview of the brand, like their best/worst products. You can access brand pages by clicking the brand in a product badge or through the product database’s sub-navigation. Here are some of the popular brands, and you can see how they rank now (there are plans to aggregate this data in the future):
You can easily access my current and all-time favorites on all pages; it is located in the top navigation labeled as “Favorites.” Favorites are broken down by monthly (what I’m currently enjoying in particular), all-time favorites (typically formulas), and recently recommended products. Monthly favorites may include limited edition favorites, but for all-time, I have kept it to formulas that are permanent/currently available. Check out my favorites!
Best of Holiday 2015
Last year’s best of compilation seemed to resonate well with readers, so we’ve created this year’s Best of Holiday 2015, which is automatically being updated as new holiday products, sets, palettes, and so forth get reviewed. It currently has around ten products, so it’s still very much a work-in-progress (it will eventually show a top 15). As it fills up, you’ll see this linked more prominently, but it’s fun to see how the rankings change. (Okay, maybe fun just for me, ha ha!) Check out Best of Holiday 2015 so far!
Starting today, Saks is offering a large tote filled with unique, travel-sized samples with $125 beauty purchase when you use code FALLGIFT2, while supplies last, limit one per customer. There are several holiday launches available online at Saks already, so it might be a good time to get a start on your holiday shopping 🙂 Do let me know if you haul anything!
WELCOME TO THE NEWEST VERSION OF TEMPTALIA! We have been working on this continuously for the last six months: an entire recode and redesign of every bit and piece of Temptalia. We hope the changes make the site easier to use, features more accessible and useful, and if we’re really lucky, a little faster, too. 🙂 The new design is responsive, which means that the site will be better displayed for the device you’re using it with, like your phone, tablet, or desktop/laptop computer. We have also made some of our features more robust and have taken a lot of suggestions over the last year into consideration and implemented many of them across the site. If you find any errors or encounter bugs, please report them in the comments section below and let us know what device and/or browser you were using at the time. (Thank you!!)
These are errors/things that need to be added that we’re working on but aren’t instant fixes. We hope to clear these within 1-3 days. Update on 8/9: most of these will (hopefully!) be fixed Monday and Tuesday of the upcoming week.
- Sorting/refining functionality minimized on some features (notably, Foundation Matrix) – to be expanded soon
- Price Slider on Mobile: to be added soon
- Advertising Reskin overlaps right sidebar
Swatch Gallery: brand drop menu is missing from refine results – in progress Blog Post: Dupe List should show Brand + Shade name Unrated products sometimes show up as Fs Newsletter preview image not showing upFixed Add back +Vanity icon to Glossovers
- Scale thumbnails in Swatch Gallery/Dupe List to force size
- Adjust sizing on Samsung tablets
We have plenty of things we still need to do: more features to add, like better and more sorting capabilities, enhancing user wish lists and vanities, and things of that nature — so there is more to come! We hope to get on a shorter release cycle with regular updates rather than one giant one soon. Here are some of our favorite improvements that you’ll find this time around:
- Dupe Lists: Reviews now showcase the top 15 dupes, ordered by similarity with the % similar displayed within the review.
- Compare Any Two: pull up any two swatches (that I’ve done) on the fly to make your own comparison from any review
- Reader Reviews: see a summary of readers’ reviews for a formula (you can also add your own!)
- Larger standard photo size (760px, previously 550px) going forward
- View Most Loved/Most Wanted Products
- View Temptalia Recommended Products
- View Editor’s Rating on all result pages (Dupe List, Swatch Gallery, etc.)
- Reader Reviews Summary
- Additional sorting available
- Get Swatches by Formula: search for any formula and view all swatches we have for it, e.g. NARS Audacious Lipsticks, MAC Eyeshadows, Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows
- Get Swatches by Color or Type: search by color, product type, finish, price, availability, and/or undertone
- Compare Any Two: pull two specific swatches from the gallery to compare side-by-side
- Browse All Swatches: just like the previous version of the Swatch Gallery
- Sort By: Newest/Oldest, Editor’s Rating, Most/Least Loved, Highest/Lowest Rated, Price
The Dupe List
- Get dupes by formula: for example — see all possible dupes for MAC Lipstick or maybe you just want to see what shades of MAC are similar to Tom Ford
The Foundation Matrix
- Shareable shade matches: easily save and share top matches by specific shade for referencing later (here are mine for MAC NC25!)
- Refined algorithms and result ordering
We’ve teamed up with Beautylish to give away the newest BY TERRY palette, Magnet’Eyes ($96 value), which features shades ranging from icy white to shimmering turquoise. The formula can be used wet or dry, and the palette includes a dual-ended brush. Head over to Beautylish to enter (full contest rules here). Good luck! 🙂