Check out the winners from this year’s Readers’ Choice Awards! Thanks so much for taking the time to nominate and vote! It really means a lot to me, and I hope you enjoy reading the results as much as I did watching them come in! There were some interesting changes this year, and we even had a tie in a category!
2014 Readers’ Choice Awards – Voting is Open!
VOTING IS OPEN! We’ve gone through all of your nominations and taken the top 15 nominees for each category (in the case of ties, depending on how many, there may be more or less than 15), and those nominees are the ones that made it onto the voting ballot. We encourage you to vote for the brands and products you feel deserve the award, and in the case where you don’t agree with the nominees, simply vote other or skip the question altogether. You can vote in our annual Readers’ Choice Awards here. Voting will end January 27th, 2014 at 11:59PM PST. We will announce winners shortly after. You can check out last year’s winners here.
I’m pleased to say that our 2014 Editor’s Choice Awards winners have been announced! 🙂 The Awards give me an opportunity to recognize and honor the products I’ve come to love the most each year, as well as over time. There are 80 categories, 154 winners, and 82 different brands who have won this year. You can view the winners here!
P.S. — Don’t forget to nominate your favorite products and brands in the 2014 Readers’ Choice Awards! Nominations close January 16th.
The 2014 Readers’ Choice Awards are now open for nominations! Beginning today, you can nominate your favorite brands and products for our annual Readers’ Choice Awards. The nomination process is incredibly important, because without nominations, your favorites may not make it onto the final ballot! You can submit nominations for as many or as few categories as you desire! Nominations will be accepted from now until January 16th. The top 10-15 nominees for each category will make it onto the short list! Voting kicks off January 20th, so stay tuned. 🙂 You can check out last year’s winners here. Thank you for taking the time to participate in the nomination process!
Nominate your favorite brands and products here!
How has your last weekend of 2013 been treating you? We just got back from brunch, where my husband had chocolate chip pancakes, and I had crab cakes benedict. I think I get that just because I love crab cakes so much 🙂 I plan to write a few posts for tomorrow and watch some Sunday football a little later.
- YSL Vintage Champagne–liquid gold and so much more [Kafkaesque]
- Nothing but raves for Too Faced Sweethearts [Hello Jaa]
- A look at Etude House’s new Play Color Eyes palette [Musings of a Muse]
- Stacey dives into Tom Ford Lip Color–is it love? [The Makeup Edition]
- Springtime with Chanel Le Vernis [The Beauty Look Book]
- Comparisons between Coastal Scents Revealed and UD Naked Palettes [Warpaint & Unicorns]
- A neon green holiday look [Rikki Poynter]
- A classic red for every rogue [The Painted Rogue]
- A deep burgundy polish from Dior [Indya Beauty]
The best part about Thanksgiving is it serves as a reminder to be thankful for all of the good things in our lives. It’s also an occasion where families and friends come together to share in holidays. I’m so excited to see everyone later today when they pop by! Even if Thanksgiving isn’t a tradition in your part of the world, the meaning behind it is something we can all share in. I’d love to take a moment to share a few things I’m thankful for, and I’d love to hear some of yours! Happy Hanukkah, as well, to those who celebrate!
5 Things I’m Thankful For
- An amazing, supportive, kind, loving husband. He’s someone who sees me day in and day out, and he always knows how to make me smile and laugh until I have tears in my eyes.
- The support and love of my family and extended family. I am so fortunate that my family has continuously supported, encouraged, and helped however they could to help me reach my dreams. It is so good to love and be loved.
- My dearest, sweetest boy–Mellan–for his warm, wiggling body, his wet nose, his kangaroo imitations, for always putting a smile on my face. He has such spirit, such a positive, uplifting outlook.
- Good friends are hard to find, and best friends the rarest jewel in the crown. I am so fortunate to count a few inspiring people in my circle of friends–I have learned so much from them and they have helped me grow.
- All of you, who have given me purpose and have helped make living my dream possible. Thank you so much for your support over the years–your readership, your comments, your questions.
5 Things I’m Thankful For — Beauty Edition
- Smart doctors; this year, I finally managed to get a handle on my acne, and I owe that to my primary care doctor for prescribing me topical treatments. I am forever indebted to her for the state of my skin right now!
- Coral in any shape or form, whether blush, lipstick, gloss, or eyeshadow, I continue to love you however you may be released next!
- Unusual lip colors thanks to brands like OCC and Illamasqua, because these let us be creative, free, and have fun with our makeup!
- Highly shimmery gloss has become a go-to when I need a lip color on the go and have nothing else in my purse! It adds lots of oomph and shine in a single stroke. (Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipgloss, I’m looking at you!)
- Richly pigmented, hydrating lipstick seems to have been introduced over and over again by more and more brands this past year; I feel like I have five favorite formulas, not just one!