I’m very, VERY excited announce the launch of the Foundation Matrix 2.0!
There are now over 900 foundations and 300 concealers–with over 10,000 shades in the database. The most significantly added feature of 2.0 is voting, which allows the community to further vet matches by joining voices together when shades match, and even when they don’t. When something doesn’t match, you can let others know why–maybe it’s too light or too dark, too warm or too cool. There is strength in the power of the community; if 20 people agree that it’s a pretty good match, you’ll have more confidence opting for that shade. This will also help us better refine shades so only the best matches are shown over time.
The latest version of the Foundation Matrix can be used in two ways:
- Use Your Existing Foundation: If you already know of a match (or a close match!), simply choose “use my existing foundation.” You can begin typing the brand of your foundation or select from a list of popular foundations. Once you’ve selected the brand, you’ll need to select your shade. That’s it — then you’ll get matches that the community (all of the information the original Foundation Matrix used) and staff have said may be matches.
- Start From Scratch: If you’re not sure of a match, you can select your under tone and skin tone and see matches that correspond.
There are over 400 shades swatched across 14 different brands–and we hope to add more and more as time goes on! We would like to extend our most heartfelt thank you to these brands for supporting us by generously providing product samples of their foundation ranges so we could swatch and photograph. Thank you to (in alphabetical order) bareMinerals, Benefit Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Cover FX, Dior, Hourglass, Illamasqua, LORAC, MAC Cosmetics, Make Up For Ever, Maybelline, NARS, and Urban Decay for believing in our dream and vision for the Foundation Matrix.
- Filter and refine your results by brand, coverage, type, finish, and price
- Add shades to your Vanity or your Wish List for future reference
- Get more details about the formula by clicking “about this formula”
- See a full breakout of voting results by viewing the shade’s page