Temptalia.com Launches The Dupe List!
In the next week or so, we’ll be launching the official Foundation Matrix in its entirety (as it has gone through numerous versions, revisions, etc., we have been working on a master copy since we first announced it). Now that that project has proved to be such a valueable resource, we want to work on The Dupe List!
I invite the beauty community to help us help everyone by creating a comprehensive list of product dupes. The goal here is to create a reference where people can find dupes for discontinued/limited edition products, more affordable alternatives, or simply keep from buying the same shade unknowingly. Thank you in advance for your contributions!
We’ve created an easy to use form to help us keep The Dupe List clean and updated regularly: here. Input the dupes you’ve found one by one, and it will automatically show up on The Dupe List! (It may take several minutes before it shows up publicly, but not to worry!)
You can view The Dupe List here.
P.S. — I put in all the product type categories I could think of, but if I missed one (I am sure I did!), just let me know in the comments, and I’ll add it ASAP. There is also an “Other” category available in the meantime!
A little change… new layout!
Notice anything different? The new design features changes in the look and feel of the site, as well as some more structural changes, such as the navigation and search. We are still tweaking the comments section over the next 24-48 hours, though.
- The navigation is now clickable so that you can view each category’s subcategories.
- The search is powered by Google to–hopefully–aid you in better, more efficient searching.
- Before you get to the content, the most popular posts from the week, which you can scroll through.
- Each post can be easily “Liked” on Facebook or Stumbled with StumbleUpon.
- Redesigned comment section.
I hope you like the new design and some of the features that came along with it. The Love it/Leave it feature was designed to be launched with the new layout, but I couldn’t wait for to get that live! Temptalia gives major thanks to Shaun aka the tech guy for the weeks and months and hours upon hours he’s put into the site (seriously, thirty-six hours in the past three days alone).
P.S. — If you see anything that seems broken, do let us know!
Mobile Temptalia — Give Us Your Feedback
A few weeks ago, we rolled out a mobile version of Temptalia. This means that when you visit Temptalia on your mobile device, it will bring up a special version designed for your mobile device rather than the full site (though you can still access the full site, if you wish). Today, we also were able to roll out commenting through the mobile version! We are also working on adding search functionality to the mobile version, so stay tuned
I would love to get your feedback on how you’re liking the new mobile version – is it better than the full site? are we missing something? what would you like to see in the future? is it easier to visit Temptalia now than before? love it? hate it? Let me know!
Brands for Earth Day
- AVEDA: 100% of the proceeds of purchases of the limited edition Light the Way Candle ($12) are donated to Global Greengrants Fund. Additionally, you can participate in Aveda Walk for Water events during the week of April 22nd. Also, if you take Aveda’s Water Footprint Calculator for a spin, Aveda will donate $1 (up to $500,000) to Global Greengrants Fund.
- BURT’S BEES: Burt look-alikes will be on the streets of New York handing out samples and urging folks to be eco-friendly. They will also offer people-powered natural smoothies at a “Bike Blender” station in Times Square.
- DERMSTORE: Dermstore.com is launching a Natural & Organic section on their store and donating a portion of proceeds of sales from the page to the Earth Day Network.
- DIAL: Dial’s Pure & Natural has partnered with World Wildlife Fund to make an annual donation of at least $100,000.
- EMERGINC: For every product sold on Earth Day (today!), emerginC will plant a tree in an effort to create a more green environment for future generations.
- FRESH: FRESH is donating 10% of all purchases in-stores and online to Nischan’s Wholesome Wave Foundation.
- KIEHL’S: Kiehl’s has launched their Limited Edition Label Art series, where 100% of net profits up to $200,000 will benefit the Rainforest Alliance.
- JURLIQUE: Take 25% off all orders placed on Jurlique.com. and Jurlique will donate a portion of all sales to support local botanical gardens in NY, LA, and SF. For those in NYC, Jurlique will be giving away free day passes to New York Botanical Gardens with every purchase made at the Jurlique 477 Madison Avenue store.
- LANCOME: From April 22nd through April 25th, anyone who purchases Juicy Tubes 100% Natural Origin at the Lancôme Boutique on the Upper West Side in NYC will receive a complimentary limited edition tee. Lancôme will also make a donation to justonefrickinday.com to kick off this special Earth Day offering.
- LAVANILA: For every purchase on Lavanila.com, Lavanila will plant a tree.
- MAC COSMETICS: For every six plastic/glass containers, you can Back-to-MAC for a free lipstick. (This program is year-round!)
- ORIGINS: On 4/22, Origins is offering customers the chance to bring an empty cosmetic container to any Origins retail store or counter (which Origins then recycle for them through their Return to Origins Recycling Program) to trade it in for a free full-sized Checks and Balances Frothy face wash ($18.50 retail value) or A Perfect World Antioxidant cleanser with White Tear ($20 retail value.)
Throughout the year, we ask readers to help us help them by giving us feedback on how we’re doing. This feedback is incredibly useful to us in creating a better experience for you as a reader, because it lets us know what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong, and what we should be doing but aren’t. We are constantly looking for ways to improve what we do here at Temptalia, whether it’s the kind of products we review, the way the layout looks, or bringing you the things you want to see. The survey is anonymous, so please feel free to be as honest as you’d like!
I would very much appreciate any and all feedback you can give to us! Thank you in advance!
Temptalia is in the process of moving to new digs!
Over the past week, we’ve been slowly but surely migrating Temptalia from its original server to newer, beefier, faster, more awesome dual servers. Though our old server could typically handle our day-to-day load, we all know what a drag it was on MAC-days. We are hoping with the increased speediness of our Big Daddy servers that this move will address many of those issues and prevent the site from slowing down (period, hopefully!) or timing out on you when we’re experiencing a heavier user load.
If you’re seeing this post, that means you’re already experiencing the site from its new home.
If there were periods where you couldn’t access the blog, that means that, unfortunately, you experienced (along with us) the agony of growing pains! The move will be completed in the next 24-48 hours, but the majority of users should have access in the next 12 hours.
Unfortunately, some comments may have been lost in the move, though we have done as much as we could to minimize any loss. We have re-entered approximately 100 comments manually (so if you asked to be notified of a follow-up reply, that data was lost; we assumed you didn’t, for purposes of manual re-entry) but inevitably, not all of them were caught and moved over. I deeply apologize for this and hope you will continue to leave comments in the future. Thank you for your understanding
Here’s hoping the site is way faster!
P.S. – Why coffee beans as a header? Because after only three hours of sleep and spending all day yesterday nail-biting over server woes, I NEED IT. LIKE NOBODY’S BUSINESS!