As we approach the last week of the year, I just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you and your families the warmest holidays filled with happiness, delight, and wonder. The winter holidays are one of my favorite times of the year, because I love getting together with my family and (attempting to) relax–at least for a few hours! Thank you for all of the holiday wishes, and I’m sending them right back at you!
Have a safe and wonderful holiday season!
P.S. — There is no such thing as a holiday here on Temptalia–I have lots of great products to show you over the next few days in particular!
Philosophy Celebrate Love
Random Acts of Packaging, Vol. 001
Here are various photos of product packaging… I believe all products featured have been reviewed previously in some fashion. For whatever reason, these photos persist in my “to review” folder, but just to make sure that they are seen… Continue reading →
Welcome to Swatch-all-idays!
One of my resolutions for 2011 is to be more organized, stay on top of things, and be more realistic about the volume of products I can review in detail with full swatches. Ideally, I’d love to start off with a clean slate so-to-speak by clearing out an ever growing backlog of products I’ve photographed, swatched, and often tested, but for whatever reason, never got through the photo editing process and thus were never written up. I am often ambitious and well… don’t have as much time as I’d like! I would like to do better for you in 2011!
For the next couple of weeks, I’ll be doing quick reviews. I’ll try to include as much relevant information as I can based on my notes, and I will, of course, indicate if I haven’t tested and only swatched. These reviews are going to be quick and dirty–and sometimes posts are not as detailed as I like (e.g. a blush is not shown on the face, only swatched). I’m clearing out photos I’ve had since June with the total number nearing 10,000 (these are all raw, unedited photos).
A couple of weeks ago, I asked readers whether quick reviews were helpful as opposed to not reviewing at all. I would love to do full, detailed reviews for every product–trust me, I would!–but I’m recognizing that I need to stop the bleeding before I can heal the wound. Readers said that photos and swatches are helpful enough and worth posting, if I am unable to do a full review. I will still have regular, full reviews being posted everyday, just like usual, but I will also be posting additional quick reviews. Like stocking stuffers! All extras on top of normal daily content.
It may be the holidays… but it’s SWATCH-ALL-IDAYS here on Temptalia!
The Makeup Dupe List – Beta
If you’ve checked out The Dupe List in the past few days, you’ll notice it has changed a bit! We are currently going through beta testing of The Dupe List. Shaun–the tech guy–is looking for your feedback. If you have comments, questions, or suggestions regarding the beta release, please e-mail them.
Please note that there are upcoming features/fixes to be implemented, such as improved sorting, pagination, search, and further clean-up of the list itself (e.g. spelling, capitalization, etc.). We also plan to make brand the first selection, and then the Shade drop-down will list appropriate shades for that brand.
Giving Thanks — Happy Thanksgiving!
Here in the States, it’s Thanksgiving! It’s one of my favorite holidays, because people come together and (hopefully) enjoy the company. This is also an excellent time to think about the things and people we are thankful to have in our lives–and let them know it!
10 Things I’m Thankful For (Beauty Edition)
- Jack Black Lip Balm to keep my lips moisturized and help them recover after a mad-dash lip swatching session.
- Guerlain Rouge Gs for coming out with the most flattering shades so I actually enjoy just wearing lipstick sometimes!
- China Glaze For Audrey for being the perfect color for summer toes.
- NARS Smudgeproof, because it keeps my shadow in place without affecting the finish and never muting the color.
- Tom Ford Oud Wood for making me want to writhe around in my own sexiness after a spritz, LOL!
- Chanel Exceptionnel for keeping my lashes long, black, and thick.
- Le Metier de Beaute Echo, because you instantly brighten my cheeks and never look like it’s too much.
- Benefit Sugarbomb is a highlighting, barely-there blusher come true and a total go-to on lazy days.
- MAC Brushes — one needs great tools, too!
- Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque, because it makes me feel like a vixen!
10 Things I’m Thankful For (Life Edition)
- The amazing emotional support I receive from my family — they are so encouraging and always there cheering me on.
- My boyfriend for enduring my mindless, nonstop chatter and need to talk 24/7!
- THE MELLANATOR! for being my heart dog. He is my cuddle-bug and wiggling machine that always warms my heart.
- That I only have five more months of school! AH!
- Starbucks White Chocolate Mochas with soy, whip, sugar-free hazelnut, and half-caff. They help me work through the tired!
- New friends (and their fur-babies)!
- Reality TV to help me dissolve into mindlessness after a long day.
- To-do lists (and Outlook!) that help me organized and to not forget half of the things I need to do everyday.
- Italian food, even if it does go straight to my thighs!
- Fuzzy socks that keep your feet nice and warm all night long.
And of course, I’m beyond thankful for the amazing readers we have here at Temptalia!
What are you thankful for?
Finalist for the 2010 Blogging Scholarship
Hey everyone! I was the first runner-up in the contest, and I just wanted to thank you for all of the support! The voting closes tomorrow (Friday) at noon PST.
Background: A couple of weeks ago, I submitted an essay (no more than 300 words–do you KNOW how hard it was to stay within that word count?!) towards the 2010 Blogging Scholarship, which recognizes students who blog. The first place winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship to help pay for school (I am a JD/MBA candidate, graduating in May!). I would love it if you would consider voting for me as I am one of ten finalists (I am Christine Mielke!). It would be incredible to show the Power of Temptalia! Voting ends November 5th at noon PST!
Though I said it earlier in my last Tartan Tale review video, I really do feel like a winner no matter the outcome of the scholarship. I have the support of so many amazing readers and viewers, and I will still have it tomorrow and the next day. You are why I blog, you are why I strive to do better each day. It’s cliche, corny, and cheesy, undoubtedly, but it’s how I feel. I’m a sap, and you’ve all really made the week for me, because I know you’re here with me. Thank you!! Every time I think about how much support you have all shown me, I get teary eyed and if I’m not careful, I’ll start sobbing!
P.S. — Please be respectful of other finalists — everybody brings something to the table!