Temptalia… the Magazine!
Launching in June, we’re bringing you exclusive content, editorials, and in-depth testing by our expert panels. We’ll showcase how the newest products can work for you by using a variety of models representing the full spectrum of skin tones. Expect tips and tricks by highly talented artists and industry professionals–that will work for you, even if you won’t be walking the red carpet any time soon!
Did You Know? Temptalia’s Sidebar
With over four years’ worth of content (8,997 posts to-date!), it can be difficult to navigate through past content. We try do categorize/tag posts as appropriate, but we also use our sidebar to highlight certain categories, features, or posts that we think are helpful or “most wanted” in a sense. We have always had these, but based on your feedback, you can now find the following tabs in our sidebar (which is on nearly every page!):
- LAUNCHES shows the eight most recent posts for new collections and product launches from all brands.
- MAC LAUNCHES shows the eight most recent posts for new MAC collections and product launches.
- DRUGSTORE REVIEWS shows the eight most recent reviews for drugstore/budget beauty products (we also have a category for all budget beauty reviews under Features).
- FEATURES shows the various extras we have available to readers–like the Foundation Matrix and the Dupe List–so you can always get to them quickly.
- REVIEWS BY RATING shows all of the rating tags (which have always been in place) but in one spot, so you can browse by rating with ease. (Please keep in mind, however, that we did not rate products from the beginning, so not all reviews are rated and therefore do not show up through these tags.)
- AFFILIATES shows various retailers that Temptalia has an affiliate relationship with. If you want to help support Temptalia, when you click through one of the affiliate links and make a purchase, we will receive a small percentage (2-5% typically) of your purchase total.
Temptalia FAQ – 200+ Questions!
This is only a temporary FAQ, as we work to build a robust question and answer system that enables better searching and the like, I wanted to take a moment to point it out, because it has quite a lot of information. There are over 200 questions and answers ranging from typical questions (when did Temptalia start? what does Temptalia mean?) to many answers about product recommendations. The FAQ is not exhaustive and consists of questions that are, naturally, more general in nature.
I urge you to check it out and–for now–do a quick search for your question (something like CTRL+F). If you have a question that is not answered by the FAQ, please free to ask it here. If you are looking for dupe, one excellent place to start is The Dupe List. I’m always happy to answer any questions that have not been addressed elsewhere, so feel free to ask here.
I am no longer answering questions about dupes, recommendations, etc. through e-mail; you must use our Formspring, which is a Q&A service. You do not have to register, and unless you do, they are anonymous. I look forward to answering your questions–just note that while I work to answer quickly and frequently, it may take a few days (which is why we have built so many resource posts and features, to help answer potential questions instantly).
Give Us Your Feedback: Temptalia App
One feature we have been asked to implement is some sort of app for Temptalia on mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, etc. We would very much love to create something for you but ultimately want to create an app that is useful to you. If you could help us by filling out this brief survey and telling us what features you would want to see (both “dream” features and core features), it would be very much appreciated. Thank you!!
Welcome to Temptalia v. 2011!
Ahh, did you notice a lil’ change? I mean… I hope so! After weeks of arguing, designing, tears, midnight snacks, we’re so proud to bring you the newest version of Temptalia. We have a few more features to implement over the next month or so, but for now, we hope you’ll enjoy the new layout and design.
In the meanwhile, if you spot any bugs or errors, please let us know along with the following information:
- Page/element you were viewing that is wrong
- Browser you were using at the time
- Any other relevant information (screenshots are helpful, too)
Our mobile site will be updated and changed over the next day or two!
Tell us how we’re doing!
From time to time, we ask for your feedback on how we’re doing here at Temptalia, and with the new year off and running, we would like to take this time to gather your insights on where we should focus ourselves and do more of what you want in 2011.
Specific feedback or suggestions are the most helpful, as is constructive feedback. We want to know what we do well, what we need to do more of (or less of), and where we can improve. We want to know how we can make Temptalia better for you.