Essie’s North Fork Collection features three summery colors in Sag Harbor, a cool silver blue; Shelter Island, a sky blue radiance; and Greenport, a dreamy aquamarine paradise. Each bottle retails for $9.00, and you can find ‘em at Essie.com (or click the link in the beginning). I’ve always been a fan of Essie’s polish formula, because it’s long-wearing and reliable. I’m more of a color fan, so I don’t always align with their collections, but I’m so happy to see these three hues join me for the season!
Sag Harbor is a cool, pale blue-gray with silver shimmer. Two coats was just right with this baby, but you need to make sure you have nice, even coats that aren’t too thin to ensure a streak-free finish.
Shelter Island is a creamy sky blue that’s not overly bright, but it isn’t pastel or pale either. It reminds me of an inviting swimming pool.
Greenport is a pale aquamarine color with a creamy finish. It has a lot of glossiness to it, and it’s really opaque.
See swatches… Continue reading →
MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection brought us two fun nail lacquers: Peppermint Patti and Seasonal Peach.
Peppermint Patti is a minty green cream. It’s not overly bright, but it isn’t super pale either–it’s kind of a medium in the color range. The swatch above is with two regular coats (not too thin, not too thick). I’d probably suggest going for a third medium to thick coat to really get an opaque, creamy finish.
Seasonal Peach is a creamy, pale peach with a lil’ bit of pink. This is actually a repromoted color, but it’s still one of my favorites. It’s a really wearable shade that’s perfect for spring and summer. I found two regular coats worked well with this one, but a third one wouldn’t hurt if you find it’s not truly opaque with two for you. It layers quite well, so it doesn’t look too thick with three.
See a swatch of Seasonal Peach… Continue reading →
Candy Glow Aqualumiere Gloss
Swatches from Chanel’s Cote d’Azur Collection for Summer! These are just lip swatches of the glosses and lipsticks that came out with the launch. You can see swatches of the summer quad here.
See them all! Continue reading →
Lollipop Loving Lipstick
Here are lip swatches of Sugarsweet’s lip products!
- Bubbles is a bit frosty, and it isn’t a creamy finish, so it can skip or leave blotches behind. It gives decent color, and ideally this is worn with other lipsticks and glosses.
- Lollipop Loving is frosty and feels like a lustre or glaze. It’s mostly opaque, though a couple of coats will be required on more pigmented lips.
- Saint Germain is very creamy, and the color itself is quite opaque. You can do one light swipe of the lipstick to get a more toned down version of the color, or you can use two or three coats for an application as pictured.
- Sweet Thing is a shimmery glaze texture. It has decent color pay off, and it does brighten up lips.
- Touch is creamy with a subtle sheen in its finish. The color is rich, and it darkens lips to a neutral tone.
- Consume Me is thin, non-sticky to just slightly tacky. It’s virtually colorless.
- Just Dessert is tinged a milky pink, but it still comes out quite colorless on my lips.
- Simply Delicious is one notch above Just Dessert–a little pinker.
- Tasty is the pinkest, though still not rich in color.
- Triple-Yum has the most noticeable color difference, as the gold/bronze shimmer stands out.
Most pigmented: Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
So-so: Bubbles, Tasty, Triple-Yum
Colorless: Consume Me, Just Dessert, Simply Delicious
See the rest of the swatches! Continue reading →
Chanel’s Cote d’Azur Summer Collection definitely stirred up some beauty temptations when we first learned about it. I ended up with most of the collection, and you’ll definitely get a full review soon I thought I’d break it up a bit, so you can at least get a sneak peek for now! My Nordstrom did have the summer collection on counter already, so I bet yours does, too — if you and Chanel are likethis, get your bum over to your local beauty counter!
Pictured above is the Iridescent Effects Eyes in Plein Soleil ($56.00), and it is an eyeshadow quad. It features four bronzy colors, ranging from coppery bronze to peach-bronze to medium bronze to deep, dark bronze. In-store, it swatched a little sketchy, but I was thinking that it might have just been because of the oil and gunk build-up from other customers swatching. However, the swatches included in this post are from the one I purchased, so it’s fresh and clean, and yet the colors didn’t quite swatch as smoothly as I would expect of Chanel. I’m definitely going to have to do a look or two with the quad to determine whether it will earn a spot in my beauty stash for keeps!
The next item I’d like to let you in on is Aqualumiere Gloss in Candy Glow ($27.00), which is part of Chanel’s normal Aqualumiere Gloss line-up, but it is repromoted with this launch. I’m not a huge glossimer fan (though I’m slowly warming up to them), but I adore the Aqualumiere Gloss formula. Talk about thick, non-sticky, pigmented goodness. Candy Glow is a pinky-coral with gold shimmer gloss that is so up my alley! I have the other three that came out with the launch, and they are equally as lovely, but I will tell you more next time
See swatches + Candy Glow… Continue reading →
Product photos for MAC Sugarsweet! Continue reading →