MAC Nail Lacquers: Morning.After., So Rich So Pretty, Military
MAC Alice + Olivia Collection: Nail Lacquers
Alice + Olivia included three new and limited edition nail lacquers. I wanted to fall in love with these, but I just wasn’t blown away. Morning.After. was my favorite of the three, because of the way it seems to take on a different tone depending on the lighting, but it’s not as opaque as I’d like. Military reminds me of every other black + silver matte polish out there–I guess I’m just over that shade!
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- So Rich So Pretty is a fuchsia-purple with red undertones and red and purple microshimmer. I found it needed three coats to be opaque, and the formula was on the thinner side (though it didn’t feel runny).
- Military is a light black with silver sparkles and a matte finish. It’s like a blacker version of Studded. It dries really fast, as many mattes do, and it was incredibly pigmented–you could almost get away with just one coat.
- Morning.After. is a pain in the butt to photograph, because it looks bluer in natural light and tealer in more direct light. It’s more of a dusty blue-teal with heavier blue tones than green/teal tones. There is a little bit of visible nail even with three coats, though.
Pigments: Partylicious, If it Sparkles…, Later.
MAC Alice + Olivia Collection: Pigments
Pigment fiends–I don’t know if I’d pass on these new shades from Alice + Olivia. They have excellent textures, and both Partylicious and Later are beautiful. If It Sparkles would be the only one I’d think about skipping, since it’s less unique.
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Later. needs moisture to look amazing. Do not just swatch it dry and forget about it, because you’re really not giving it a chance then. When applied wet, it’s a blackened-gray base with flashes of violet and deep blue-purple shimmer and sheen. About a million times prettier wet than dry.
- If It Sparkles… is an iridescent icy pink with a frosty finish. It reminded me of a smoother–but frostier–version of Pink Opal, actually.
- Partylicious is an aqua-teal with flashes of pearly green and green-teal. This is ridiculously lovely. If you’re even remotely a fan of aqua/teal, this is a total must-have. Like don’t let this one pass you by! It almost feels like a duochrome. At first, I thought it was similar to Parrot–except it’s greener, lighter, and tealer. It’s not nearly as blue as Parrot. It is GORGEOUS!
Dazzleglass Creme: I.Want.Candy., Sparklicious, If It’s Pink…
MAC Alice + Olivia Collection: Dazzleglass Creme
Three new and limited edition dazzleglass cremes launch on July 8th with the Alice + Olivia collection. My favorite was If It’s Pink, just because it’s the most wearable on its own, but it would lovely over pinks, corals, and nudes. I.Want.Candy. is fun, but it’ll take some playing around to find the right combos to use it with. I would also say that it is a lot more colored than Springbean, which is also a chartreuse-y shade. Sparklicious is another shade that’s better layered than alone (but more wearable on its own than I.Want.Candy.)
Edited @ 4:10PM: Added lip swatches & review!
Dazzleglass Creme ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- I.Want.Candy. is a semi-sheer yellowed chartreuse green with green-gold shimmer. It does, actually, impart significant color, given both that it’s green (even though a brand may put an unusual shade out, they often mute it) and a gloss. I don’t find it particularly wearable alone, but perhaps over pinks or corals. Because of the yellowness in the shade, it will pull the yellow tones in your teeth.
- Sparklicious is a sheer silver and pink shimmered shade. It almost has a milky white-pink base, but it’s hardly noticeable. It’s super sparkly, so it lives up to its name. It kind of reminded me of She Loves Candy Lipglass from Hello Kitty.
- If It’s Pink… is a semi-sheer brightened fuchsia pink with softer pink shimmer. It delivers plenty of color without being full-on color.
MAC In the Groove Collection
Sneak Preview: In the Groove Collection
Time’s up — will post everything else as soon as I can! This is not the full collection — I’ll be buying the rest when it launches in-store on Thursday, July 8th.
MAC Alice + Olivia Collection
Sneak Preview: MAC Alice + Olivia Collection
How exciting! These just arrived this afternoon, and I’m so happy to be able to share with you. And secretly? I was anticipating Alice + Olivia more than In the Groove!
On-the-Go Makeup Fixers
MAC Cleansing Tips ($14.50 for 30) are my absolute favorite when it comes to easily fixing any minor application mistakes. They’re basically dual-ended cotton swabs that have been soaked in makeup remover and are individually packaged (though each sheet has ten, you just tear them off individually). One side is the usual rounded swab, while the other is tapered and more precise.
I actually really, really love these. They work so well for cleaning up under the eyes when you work with shadows that have fall out, but they’re great for touching up during the day if you happen to be testing one smudger of an eyeliner, too! They remove everything without a fuss. Since they’re individually wrapped, you can just toss one into your purse when you need to (e.g. a special occasion), too.
So, I did not pay attention to how much these run you when I originally purchased them. These wonder-swabs don’t come cheap! They end up costing about $0.50 a pop! Even the small package of MAC Wipes are cheaper ($0.40), while the bulk package of MAC Wipes are half the price ($0.26). This is so saddening for me! This is a great product, but it’s not something one should use often at that kind of cost.
They do work incredibly well to clean-up any faded or smudged eyeliner if you’re out and about. I’ll continue to purchase them as I need to, but I will make myself only use them when I’m on the go or traveling–no more using those at homes. Gotta go the extra step and use my own swabs and separate makeup remover, LOL!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 30/30
- Value: 4/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you use them sparingly, they can be an excellent time-saving, space-saving tool to have in your evening bag when you want to look your best. Just don’t use them by the dozen!
AVAILABILITY: MAC Cosmetics