Make Up For Ever #148 Eyeshadow
Here are a few more reviews on Make Up For Ever eyeshadows!
- #148 is a shimmery taupe brown with warm golden shimmer. This isn’t a terribly unique shade, but it is pretty and has good color pay off.
- #4 is a matte dark black. It’s smooth and richly pigmented.
- #123 is a shimmery golden-olive green shade with slight golden iridescence. It reminded me of MAC’s Golden Olive pigment, actually, with less frost.
- #57 is a muted lime green shade. It has a satiny finish to it, so it’s not quite matte.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
OVERALL, MAC Baby Blooms Collection is a nice collection for summer. While some wished it would have come out earlier, there’s still plenty of warm days ahead of us to enjoy MAC’s new tinted moisturizer and tinted lip balms. As I haven’t worn the tinted moisturizer long enough to give you a review of its wear, appearance, etc., I’m only giving a short review based off of my initial test. I’ll do a more detailed review in a week or two.
The Suntints are vanilla scented lip balms that feel like a lip gel. They’re thick, but they’re not particularly sticky (not sure I’d say they’re completely non-sticky, though). They do feel moisturizing and hydrating on the lips, but they do not really give any color to mine. They pretty much all look the same on my lips (as such, I won’t be doing any lip swatches, since it’s like clear gloss or clear gloss with shimmer). The one that seemed to make my lips look the most different was Just A Smidge, which is also the one with the most shimmer–it’s extremely noticeable and has lots of it in comparison to the other four.
I do not feel that these are Tendertones in tube form, to be honest. These have a very thick, gel-y texture (though they’re not actually runny!) compared to Tendertones, which were very goopy and thick. I also found Tendertones felt a little sticky at times. These feel similar to lipgelees, though they don’t move as much–they’re a little thicker in their texture. I found the taste of these to be unflavored overall, maybe a hint of sunscreen. I feel like these sort of mold to your lips and feel totally different than Tendertones do when they’re actually on your lips. The texture really is hard to describe–it’s not quite a jelly (because Tendertones were kind of like jelly), so I guess gel seems like a better descriptor, but I’m not satisfied with that either!
See product by product reviews… Continue reading →
OVERALL, MAC’s Love That Look Collection introduces twelve shades of Starflash-finish eyeshadows with only a few repromotes (Dreammaker, Grand Entrance, Glamour Check!, and Smoke & Diamonds). The shadows have the same feel as last year’s Starflash shadows. They’re fairly smooth, well-pigmented, and have a frosty-sheen to them. None of them are glittery, and I didn’t experience any that were subpar in their color pay off, either. The four liners launched are all repromotes, but the formula hasn’t changed a bit — still smooth, rich, and dark.
Must-Haves: Ego, One Off, Rated R, Smoke & Diamonds, Rave Pearlglide
Nice-to-Haves: Dreammaker, Fashion Groupie, Style Snob
Skip: Fashion Groupie, Un-Basic White
See in-depth shade-by-shade reviews… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Love That Look Collection – Product Photos
Here are close-ups of the twelve eyeshadows that debuted with the Love That Look collection! Continue reading →
Dreammaker, Ego, Fashion, Fashion Groupie, Glamour Check
MAC Cosmetics Love That Look Collection – Swatches
Lo and behold, MAC has launched Love That Look and Baby Blooms a week early. I didn’t check to see if my Nordstrom’s MAC counter had it out, but I know my freestanding MAC store had it. The artists there told me they received an e-mail this morning telling them to put both launches out today. I’d definitely call your local store/counter before heading out, just in case it’s not out in your area yet.
See swatches… Continue reading →
Kitten Smudge Pot
Stila’s Fall Collection also included the launch of Kitten Smudge Pot, Black Cat Smudge Pot, and Kitten Lip Glaze. I have to tell you that I am absolutely in love with Black Cat. The swatches don’t even do it justice, just because the way the shimmer/glitter catches the light is stunning. These new products will be available September 2009, but you might see them pop up on stilacosmetics.com earlier (perhaps late August).
- Kitten Smudge Pot is a beige-y champagne shade. It’s definitely neutral, and it’s wearable alone or as a neutral base. It’s fairly frosty, though, so if you’re more of a matte finish person, this probably wouldn’t appeal to you. I like it as a one-swipe-and-you’re-done kind of color. It’s also nice on the lower water line.
- Black Cat Smudge Pot is a fairly opaque black-base smudge pot with golden glitter/shimmer laced through the color. It’s really glitzy and reminds me of Hollywood glamour. This is awesome as a liner, but it also makes an awesome base for that totally dark, black smoky eye.
- Kitten Lip Glaze is a sheer gloss with a peachy base and peachy-gold shimmer. It’s pretty, extremely wearable, and has a little stickiness to it. Compared to the Lip Enamel Luxe, it didn’t excite me so much. For those who love sheer, shimmering glosses with a neutral kick, this is definitely up your alley.
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →