Fresh Cut Palette: Fresh Cut, Sun-Shy, Part Peony, Floral Inc., Bloomcycle, Poppy Noir*
Graphic Garden Palette: Linear Lilac, Botanical Blue, Wild Wisteria, Graphic Garden, Straight Hedge, Social Climber*
MAC Graphic Garden Collection (Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Exclusive)
OVERALL, Graphic Garden offers some pretty colors for the summer season with some colors that will definitely catch your eye. The packaging is has a vinyl look, with a miss mash of black and white floral imagery. The Look Boxes ofer a chance to nab some popular favorites from the permanent line at just a little under retail when items are purchased separately.
See detailed reviews… Continue reading →
OVERALL, MAC Naked Honey Collection is a small but palatable launch. It contains three eyeshadows with good texture, nice color pay off, and in wearable shades, alongside three lipglasses that coordinate. The real disappointment in the collection comes from the small sizes/overpriced nature of the skincare products–particularly the body wash and the hand/body cream. Anyone who expected very honeyish scents will be a bit dismayed, as most of the scented products are more floral/spicy and less honey. The skin salve is the most honey scented product, but it is still quite floral-honey. I liked several items, but I felt like you could miss this launch and not live to regret it. I know many of you are saving up for the Friends & Family sale next week, Graphic Gardens, and Colour Craft!
Must-Haves: Buckwheat eyeshadow, Queen Bee lipglass
Nice-to-Haves: Creme de Miel eyeshadow, Pollinator eyeshadow, She’s A Star lipglass, Buzz lipglass, Golden Nectar high-light powder, Naked Honey Skin Salve
Skip: Naked Honey Hand/Body Cream, Naked Honey Body Wash
Official Information/Promotional Photos
See product by product reviews… Continue reading →
Naked Honey Skin Salve
Sneak Peek: MAC Cosmetics’ Naked Honey Collection
MAC’s Naked Honey Collection is just around the corner, and here’s yet another peek at what’s to come. (We already did a nice sneak peek of Honey Light High-Light Powder, Pollinator & Creme de Miel Eyeshadows, too!) Today, we’re unveiling Buzz lipglass ($14.00), Naked Honey Skin Salve ($18.50), and Golden Nectar High-Light Powder ($24.50).
- Buzz lipglass is a semi-sheer coppery-red-brown with golden shimmer. It gives nice color to lips without being too red or bold.
- Golden Nectar high-light powder is a semi-sheer, silky peachy-tan powder. While it looks awfully shimmery from the get-go, beware that it is merely an overspray. The product beneath the shimmery overspray is still very nice, as it is a smooth, silky powder with very subtle shimmer/sheen. You could almost think of it as more of a bronzer than anything else.
- Naked Honey Skin Salve is a floral-honey scented clear salve/balm. The pot you get is a bit on the small side, though it contains 1.41 oz (or 40 grams). Relative to other salves, like Rosebud ($6 for 0.8 oz. or $12 for just about as much as MAC’s), which is probably one of the cheaper salves that I can think of. Since it is MAC, the price isn’t quite as skewed high as I originally thought. It’s very emollient and sinks into skin quickly without leaving behind any greasiness. I definitely lean towards using this more as a lip balm than anything else, but that’s more of a personal preference. I keep mine on my night stand for a quick balm before bedtime.
See photos and swatches! Continue reading →
Solar White (Frost), Seeds of Love (Frost); Petal Worship (Lustre), Contrast (Velvet)
MAC A Rose Is A Rose Eyeshadow Quad (Nordstrom Exclusive) ($36.00) is the long awaited final piece to MAC’s A Rose Romance Collection, which launched earlier in April.
With tax, I think I paid just under $40, which makes each shadow cost approximately $10 each (a little less than eyeshadows sold in palette form already). In terms of value, the eyeshadows are cheaper buying them together. However, Solar White eyeshadow has been released before (though it was limited edition), and Contrast eyeshadow is part of the permanent range. So if you have one or both of those, the quad’s value definitely diminishes. If you are not a collector, and you already own two, I’d probably say to skip the quad.
- Solar White is a smooth, buttery golden-toned, creamy white. It has a frost finish, so it does have shimmer and sheen. It’s a nice shade to own, so if you missed out on Solar White previously, here’s your chance to grab it without paying eBay prices.
- Seeds of Love is a smooth, pigmented coralish shade. It doesn’t lean too red nor orange, just right. It does remind me of Paradisco (but with way better texture), and I’d say Paradisco runs a bit more orange. The point is they are close enough that you could nab Paradisco instead of Seeds of Love for a coral fix if this was the only color you needed/wanted.
- Petal Worship is a soft, light lilac with purple sheen. It reminded me a lot of a slightly more purple Stars ‘n Rockets — like a cross between Lotusland (limited edition) and Stars ‘n Rockets. It has a lustre finish, so it wasn’t the smoothest of the four, but it was surprisingly pigmented without too much fall out/crumbling that’s typical with lustre eyeshadows.
- Contrast is a deep navy, purple-casted shade. It’s lightly shimmered over a dark blue-black base. I love using Contrast in purple looks, and I definitely think it is significantly different from Deep Truth (just for those wondering!).
See swatches… Continue reading →
OVERALL, MAC Style Warrior is a good mix of color, neutrals, and perfect-for-summer products. It’s no Neo Sci Fi for me, but I found plenty of new favorites and items I didn’t think I’d love. I think what I liked most about this collection is the majority of products were well-pigmented and color pay off was a dream on many items. I know some were concerned about the collection being too warm and not working on cooler skin tones, but I definitely didn’t get that impression. There are certain items that are more about bronzy, sun-glowing skin, but a lot of them are designed to help you fake-it. The lipsticks were surprisingly pigmented, and the lipglasses coordinated well in a way that wasn’t completely redundant. In the end, I do think Style Warrior is worth a peek or two next time you’re at your local MAC! (As far as the official launch date goes, I have heard May 20th, 21st, and 28th — I’d recommend calling your local store to find out.)
Must-Haves: Brave New Bronze, Gold Rebel, Bright Future, Vibrant Grape, On A Mission, Mercenary
Nice-to-Haves: Purple Rite, Sunsational, Liberated, Tempting, Night Maneuvers, Eversun, Impassioned, Sun Rush
Skip: Scatterrays, Soft Force, Peaceable
See detailed, product-by-product reviews… Continue reading →
OVERALL, MAC’s A Rose Romance Collection is a true representation of soft, feminine spring florals. It’s laced with soft pinks, lilacs, and sheer-to-the-touch colors. The only color that seems like a misfit is Mutiny pigment, but it can be excused if only because it’s a divine color and rightly repromoted! For the most part, the products are sheer and tend to be more like washes/light tints rather than opaque, pigmented beauties. I feel like the collection was well-thought out in terms of the right pairings and mix of shades, and I think they all work together. It’s not the most exciting or off-the-wall collection by any means, but it is a nice, workable and wearable launch.
Note: Nordstrom Exclusive Quad “A Rose Romance” debuts on May 1st.
Must-Have: Odyssey lipstick, Tender Tryst see thru lip colour, Shadowy Lady eyeshadow, Mutiny pigment, Magnetique lipglass, Summer Rose beauty powder
Nice-to-Have: Way to Love lipstick, Steal My Heart lipglass, Circa Plum pigment, Of Summer eyeshadow, Nordstrom Exclusive Quad, Just a Pinch gel blush, Love & Friendship nail lacquer
Skip: Virgin Kiss lipglass
See reviews by product… Continue reading →