Are you ready for MAC’s Colour Ready Collection?
MAC Colour Ready launches in North America on April 2nd, but here’s a little preview of two of the three new products to MAC. Colour Ready is primarily about prepping the face to be able to take on bold, intense color (hence the two wickedly intense hot pink lipsticks, the bright chartreuse eyeshadow, and so on).
Update: MAC has created three new Prep + Prime products, and it has now been confirmed that all three products are part of the permanent collection.
Must-Haves: Prep + Prime Line Filler
Nice-to-Haves: Show Orchid, Rapid Black
Skip: White Frost
See in-depth product reviews… Continue reading →
MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection brought us two fun nail lacquers: Peppermint Patti and Seasonal Peach.
Peppermint Patti is a minty green cream. It’s not overly bright, but it isn’t super pale either–it’s kind of a medium in the color range. The swatch above is with two regular coats (not too thin, not too thick). I’d probably suggest going for a third medium to thick coat to really get an opaque, creamy finish.
Seasonal Peach is a creamy, pale peach with a lil’ bit of pink. This is actually a repromoted color, but it’s still one of my favorites. It’s a really wearable shade that’s perfect for spring and summer. I found two regular coats worked well with this one, but a third one wouldn’t hurt if you find it’s not truly opaque with two for you. It layers quite well, so it doesn’t look too thick with three.
See a swatch of Seasonal Peach… Continue reading →
Lollipop Loving Lipstick
Here are lip swatches of Sugarsweet’s lip products!
- Bubbles is a bit frosty, and it isn’t a creamy finish, so it can skip or leave blotches behind. It gives decent color, and ideally this is worn with other lipsticks and glosses.
- Lollipop Loving is frosty and feels like a lustre or glaze. It’s mostly opaque, though a couple of coats will be required on more pigmented lips.
- Saint Germain is very creamy, and the color itself is quite opaque. You can do one light swipe of the lipstick to get a more toned down version of the color, or you can use two or three coats for an application as pictured.
- Sweet Thing is a shimmery glaze texture. It has decent color pay off, and it does brighten up lips.
- Touch is creamy with a subtle sheen in its finish. The color is rich, and it darkens lips to a neutral tone.
- Consume Me is thin, non-sticky to just slightly tacky. It’s virtually colorless.
- Just Dessert is tinged a milky pink, but it still comes out quite colorless on my lips.
- Simply Delicious is one notch above Just Dessert–a little pinker.
- Tasty is the pinkest, though still not rich in color.
- Triple-Yum has the most noticeable color difference, as the gold/bronze shimmer stands out.
Most pigmented: Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
So-so: Bubbles, Tasty, Triple-Yum
Colorless: Consume Me, Just Dessert, Simply Delicious
See the rest of the swatches! Continue reading →
Product photos for MAC Sugarsweet! Continue reading →
Overall, MAC Sugarsweet Collection brings back shadesticks and some old favorites, but I don’t feel it has created any new favorites. The shadesticks are creamier this go-round, and they do feel a little softer. While I have always appreciated the original shadesticks for their color pay off, I just never loved the feel of them on my eye lid, so I had to pass them along to friends. I am looking forward to trying out the newer, creamier versions!The packaging on the shadesticks is nicer, too — almost a slick, shiny plastic casing.
What did you think of MAC’s Sugarsweet collection? What are you loving/hating? Tell me in the comments!
Neither the lipsticks or the tricolour lipglasses really grabbed my beauty-strings–there are a few that caught my eye, but nothing that caused my heart to speed up, you know? I am personally not a fan of sheer glosses, which is why the tricolour lipglasses aren’t up my alley either. The eyeshadows are so-so; they all have decent color pay off and texture, but none of limited colors screamed “must have!” I do think the finish of the mineralize skinfinishes is improved over the last few that have come out; there doesn’t seem to be any large, chunky shimmer–much more refined and subtle so it gives you a gentle sheen over a wallop of shimmer.
Must-Haves: Lollipop Loving, Stars ‘n Rockets, Butternutty, Red Velvet, Peppermint Patti
Nice-to-Haves: Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Simply Delicious, Tasty, Aquavert, Cakeshop
Skip: Consume Me
Get in-depth reviews on each of the items from this collection! Continue reading →
Row 1: Cakeshop, Lemon Chiffon, Butternutty, Penny, Red Velvet
Row 2: Bubbles, Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
Swatches for MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection! Continue reading →