Row 1: Sugarrimmed, Goldyrocks, Moth to Flame, Smile, Steppin’ Out
Row 2: Utterly Posh, Love Alert, Date Night, Funtabulous, Extra Amps
MAC Double Dazzle Collection – Swatches
Here are swatches of all 18 dazzleglasses that debuted with Double Dazzle, which launched this morning in stores nationwide. I’ve noticed that it is not yet available online, and all I can tell you is there is often a disconnect between different areas of MAC. Your local store should have these out today (both of mine did), but I always recommend giving them a quick ring to double check before you waste your time going!
All but Goldyrocks, Stop! Look!, and Utterly Posh are permanent. However, please be advised that dazzleglasses will likely sell out for, at least, a few colors, and it may take a few months before MAC gets them back in stock, even though they are permanent.
See swatches! Continue reading →
MAC recently launched Viva Glam VI Lipstick in a Special Edition to line up with Fergie as their spokesperson for the Viva Glam campaign. Some people have been finding this color to run a little on the purple side, but it runs mostly pink on me. Like many of the other VG lipsticks/lipglasses, the color is great for most people. I think it’s a nice everyday color with a bit of a pop.
See swatch and lip swatch… Continue reading →
Show Orchid, Impassioned Lipsticks
Swatches for MAC Colour Ready!
Includes lip swatches Continue reading →
Are you ready for MAC’s Colour Ready Collection?
MAC Colour Ready launches in North America on April 2nd, but here’s a little preview of two of the three new products to MAC. Colour Ready is primarily about prepping the face to be able to take on bold, intense color (hence the two wickedly intense hot pink lipsticks, the bright chartreuse eyeshadow, and so on).
Update: MAC has created three new Prep + Prime products, and it has now been confirmed that all three products are part of the permanent collection.
Must-Haves: Prep + Prime Line Filler
Nice-to-Haves: Show Orchid, Rapid Black
Skip: White Frost
See in-depth product reviews… Continue reading →
MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection brought us two fun nail lacquers: Peppermint Patti and Seasonal Peach.
Peppermint Patti is a minty green cream. It’s not overly bright, but it isn’t super pale either–it’s kind of a medium in the color range. The swatch above is with two regular coats (not too thin, not too thick). I’d probably suggest going for a third medium to thick coat to really get an opaque, creamy finish.
Seasonal Peach is a creamy, pale peach with a lil’ bit of pink. This is actually a repromoted color, but it’s still one of my favorites. It’s a really wearable shade that’s perfect for spring and summer. I found two regular coats worked well with this one, but a third one wouldn’t hurt if you find it’s not truly opaque with two for you. It layers quite well, so it doesn’t look too thick with three.
See a swatch of Seasonal Peach… Continue reading →
Lollipop Loving Lipstick
Here are lip swatches of Sugarsweet’s lip products!
- Bubbles is a bit frosty, and it isn’t a creamy finish, so it can skip or leave blotches behind. It gives decent color, and ideally this is worn with other lipsticks and glosses.
- Lollipop Loving is frosty and feels like a lustre or glaze. It’s mostly opaque, though a couple of coats will be required on more pigmented lips.
- Saint Germain is very creamy, and the color itself is quite opaque. You can do one light swipe of the lipstick to get a more toned down version of the color, or you can use two or three coats for an application as pictured.
- Sweet Thing is a shimmery glaze texture. It has decent color pay off, and it does brighten up lips.
- Touch is creamy with a subtle sheen in its finish. The color is rich, and it darkens lips to a neutral tone.
- Consume Me is thin, non-sticky to just slightly tacky. It’s virtually colorless.
- Just Dessert is tinged a milky pink, but it still comes out quite colorless on my lips.
- Simply Delicious is one notch above Just Dessert–a little pinker.
- Tasty is the pinkest, though still not rich in color.
- Triple-Yum has the most noticeable color difference, as the gold/bronze shimmer stands out.
Most pigmented: Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
So-so: Bubbles, Tasty, Triple-Yum
Colorless: Consume Me, Just Dessert, Simply Delicious
See the rest of the swatches! Continue reading →