Pigments: Partylicious, If it Sparkles…, Later.
MAC Alice + Olivia Collection: Pigments
Pigment fiends–I don’t know if I’d pass on these new shades from Alice + Olivia. They have excellent textures, and both Partylicious and Later are beautiful. If It Sparkles would be the only one I’d think about skipping, since it’s less unique.
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Later. needs moisture to look amazing. Do not just swatch it dry and forget about it, because you’re really not giving it a chance then. When applied wet, it’s a blackened-gray base with flashes of violet and deep blue-purple shimmer and sheen. About a million times prettier wet than dry.
- If It Sparkles… is an iridescent icy pink with a frosty finish. It reminded me of a smoother–but frostier–version of Pink Opal, actually.
- Partylicious is an aqua-teal with flashes of pearly green and green-teal. This is ridiculously lovely. If you’re even remotely a fan of aqua/teal, this is a total must-have. Like don’t let this one pass you by! It almost feels like a duochrome. At first, I thought it was similar to Parrot–except it’s greener, lighter, and tealer. It’s not nearly as blue as Parrot. It is GORGEOUS!
Dazzleglass Creme: I.Want.Candy., Sparklicious, If It’s Pink…
MAC Alice + Olivia Collection: Dazzleglass Creme
Three new and limited edition dazzleglass cremes launch on July 8th with the Alice + Olivia collection. My favorite was If It’s Pink, just because it’s the most wearable on its own, but it would lovely over pinks, corals, and nudes. I.Want.Candy. is fun, but it’ll take some playing around to find the right combos to use it with. I would also say that it is a lot more colored than Springbean, which is also a chartreuse-y shade. Sparklicious is another shade that’s better layered than alone (but more wearable on its own than I.Want.Candy.)
Edited @ 4:10PM: Added lip swatches & review!
Dazzleglass Creme ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- I.Want.Candy. is a semi-sheer yellowed chartreuse green with green-gold shimmer. It does, actually, impart significant color, given both that it’s green (even though a brand may put an unusual shade out, they often mute it) and a gloss. I don’t find it particularly wearable alone, but perhaps over pinks or corals. Because of the yellowness in the shade, it will pull the yellow tones in your teeth.
- Sparklicious is a sheer silver and pink shimmered shade. It almost has a milky white-pink base, but it’s hardly noticeable. It’s super sparkly, so it lives up to its name. It kind of reminded me of She Loves Candy Lipglass from Hello Kitty.
- If It’s Pink… is a semi-sheer brightened fuchsia pink with softer pink shimmer. It delivers plenty of color without being full-on color.
MAC In the Groove Collection
Sneak Preview: In the Groove Collection
Time’s up — will post everything else as soon as I can! This is not the full collection — I’ll be buying the rest when it launches in-store on Thursday, July 8th.
MAC Alice + Olivia Collection
Sneak Preview: MAC Alice + Olivia Collection
How exciting! These just arrived this afternoon, and I’m so happy to be able to share with you. And secretly? I was anticipating Alice + Olivia more than In the Groove!
Dazzle Lipstick: Baby’s On Fire, Glaringly Hip, Hellraiser, Hot Sass, Infused with Glam
Preview: MAC Dazzle Lipstick & Dazzleglass from Digi-Pop
MAC Digi-Pops: Lip Server Collection is available for pre-order at your local Nordstrom. It doesn’t launch until July 15th, but pre-orders are in full swing. There are thirteen shades of new (and of course, limited edition!) Dazzle Lipsticks and seven shades (some new, some repromoted, but all limited edition) Dazzleglasses.
I didn’t test any of these my lips, so I really can’t comment on the wear or feel on the lips. (Sorry all, I couldn’t bring myself to use a tester — the germaphobe in me refused to participate!) The Dazzle Lipsticks did not feel gritty or rough when I swatched them–surprisingly smooth. They look like they varied from sheer to semi-sheer in color, but it’s difficult to know for sure just how sheer or opaque they may lean without swatching them on lips. (Which I fully intend to do, when I’m able to pick up my pre-order!)
Dazzle Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Baby’s On Fire is a sheer darkened ruby red with silver sparkle.
- Glaringly Hip is a muted peach with brown undertones and pink and white glitter.
- Hellraiser is a sheer, darkened mauve-plum with bluish-silver glitter.
- Hot Sass is a semi-sheer, muted orange with reddish-copper glitter.
- Infused with Glam is a warmed-up brown with red undertones and reddish glitter.
- Liquid Lurex is a sheer yellow gray-gold with silver glitter.
- Naughty You is a brightened medium pink with fuchsia glitter.
- Smash Hit is a sheer beige-gold with darkened gold glitter.
- Snazzy is a semi-sheer red plum with fuchsia-purple glitter.
- Sweet Bits is a grayish lilac with multi-color glitter (predominantly light fuchsia). It’s kind of like Vex eyeshadow in lipstick form.
- Troublemaker is a darkened red-pink with fuchsia glitter. It’s a darker, more opaque version of Naughty You.
- Wham is a red-brown with gold and copper glitter.
- Win-Win is a light baby pink with blue undertones and gold glitter.
Dazzleglass ($18.50 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Boys Go Crazy is a darkened plum-berry purple with iridescent purple and blue-violet glitter.
- Fabulous Fun is a brightened fuchsia-pink with fuchsia-purple glitter.
- Glamour OD is a brightened red with a touch of coral and pink glitter. This is a repromote.
- Hi-Falutin’ is a softened peach-coral with gold glitter.
- Spanking Rich is a softened pink mauve with fuchsia glitter. This is a repromote.
- Utterly Posh is a darkened orange with a little brown and orange-gold glitter. This is a repromote.
- You Got the Look is a brightened tangerine orange with almost teal glitter.
MAC Nude: Barelash Pro Longlash Mascara
MAC Barelash Pro Longlash Mascara ($13.00) is a nude-beige shade in the Pro Longlash formula. I definitely got length without spikiness, but the formula is on the drier side, so it has a tendency to clump if you don’t work quickly. On my lashes, it seemed to give me beige tips, but the root and most of the lash length was only a muted gray or else still a black-brown.
I have Pro Longlash in the black shade, so I’m definitely going to make sure to do an official review of that soon, but the formula can be difficult to work with such a short drying time. It lengthens well, and it doesn’t clump unless you work slowly. I also experienced no smudging, budging, or flaking while wearing this over eight hours. The brush is also small enough that it’s very easy to get to all the lashes from root to tip, including lower lashes.
Official description: Goes the distance. Makes lashes luxuriously long and silky: no spikes! Luxury and longitude in a pro-proven formula. Accelerates lashes into length, smooth and fast. Smooth silky finish. Wears long (all day!) Go the distance: bat-a-lash!
I tried to layer mascara on top of it, and it seemed to amp up colored mascara a bit, but it doesn’t work so well, since it dries quite quickly. I’ve had better results with a mascara primer, because they stay wetter longer and don’t require as many coats to mute your natural lash shade.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 24/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: Barelash gives decent length and stays on without smudging or flaking off during the day, but the shade itself is a bit odd to work with (particularly since it’s hard to work with colored mascara on top of the dry formula), so I don’t think most customers would have a good use for it.
Availability: MAC PRO