** Blue Zone and Ocean 2 are mixed up in the photos! Sorry
OVERALL, the eyeshadow suites were disappointing because too many of them had chalky textures, which I just know won’t work out well for me. I picked up two, one because I liked it a lot (Team Violets), and the other because the colors weren’t like ones I already had (Blue Zone). The liners were lovely – all rich and intensely pigmented, with a good variety of colors to choose from. I see myself going back to collect more of them, but I wanted to see how they wear throughout the day first. I asked about waterline safety, and I was told these are like powerpoints and aren’t waterline safe because they shrink. Take that for what you will!
See more swatches and get detailed reviews! Continue reading →
OVERALL, Cult of Cherry seems like a launch about the lips, despite having three quads. There are just so many lip products to choose from, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of the choices! Even when I was swatching the quads, I kept looking elsewhere. Personally, the quads don’t get me that excited – I guess they don’t seem as amazing as some of the lip colors do. I love the coppery color in Spiced Chocolate, and Shadowy Lady does nothing for me. Tempting is pretty to look at, but I’m not overly enthused.
Read individual product reviews! Continue reading →
Blonde’s Gold, Museum Bronze, Heritage Rouge, Mega-Rich
While getting Cult of Cherry swatches, I’d figured I’d do some in-store swatches for Overrich, too
See the rest… Continue reading →
First Row: Creme Cerise, O, Lightly Ripe, Russian Red, So Scarlet
Second Row: Rapturous, Kirsch, Bing, Chock-ful
Third Row: Cherry Blossom, Liqueur, Cult of Cherry, Rich & Ripe, Jampacked
As promised, Cult of Cherry swatches bright and early! And just in time – class starts in four minutes, LOL. (Unfortunately, Honolulu’s MAC store (in the airport) did not have the launch in at all.) I didn’t even have time to buy anything this morning – I’ll head back after class to get a few things.
See the rest! Continue reading →
MAC Overrich, a collection of eight pigments, launches today, alongside Cult of Cherry. I received samples of all of the ones featured sometime ago, so you can see my earlier review if you missed it or need to re-read!
- Blonde’s Gold is nice neutral-white kind of color with a touch of warmth in the form of bronzy-gold; it makes a great neutral base.
- Museum Bronze is a deep, metallic bronzy-gold color. I know in the swatch photo it looks rather bronzy, but I swear it seems more like an antique gold shade when I stare at on my hand (then again, the light by my desk isn’t the *best*). Anyway, gorgeous bronze color. It’s probably not a “must have” for everyone, but it is for me.
- Mega-Rich is a subdued coppery orange color. It’s not really like Coppersparkle, just because it has a subtle sheen, no over-the-top frosty shimmer/sparkle. I think it’s a bit more orange, too.
- Copperbeam is a rich copper-burgundy color; I see definite tones of earthy red mixed in. This is actually somewhat similar to Heritage Rouge — it’s distinctly different in a sense, but the two are close. This one has more red-brown to it; it reminds me of Antiqued eyeshadow, actually.
- Vintage Gold is a more antique version of Golden Olive (and less frost in its finish, more subtle sheen). Kind of like a dirty green with lots of gold pearl.
- Antique Green kind of reminds me of Deep Blue Green with more teal and gold in it (I am not saying it is a dupe for this color!!). Maybe a lighter version? The color is very much like a dirty green-teal color. It will be interesting to use this in a look.
- Heritage Rouge is a reddish purple–kind of like Cranberry eyeshadow. Like the others, this has a metallic sheen, but it isn’t too much, unlike some of the existing frost pigments. I think the texture and finish of these alone makes them worth checking out, even if you might have a possible dupe.
- Mauvement is a shimmery cool-toned purple with a gray cast to it. I find it incredibly frosty, and it doesn’t feel as smooth as the others.
Check out swatches! Continue reading →
OVERALL, the new Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolours present an interesting alternative to the clear/mirror gloss coat they had in the past. The new shades are diverse from existing shades, which is great since MAC hasn’t come out with new shades in what seems like forever! Also, Alta Moda? It’s here! I know that a few of you asked me about it, because you couldn’t find it – now you can. My favorite was Ripe & Ready/Soft & Lush and Red Reflection/Mirror. Red Flame/Orange Flicker looks beyond amazing, but I don’t see myself rockin’ the color often (or maybe ever).
(You can read the color story here.)
Check out individual product reviews… Continue reading →