Indigo Charm Ink Artliner, Declaring Gold Color Fever Gloss, Indigo Charm Eyeshadow Palette
Lancome’s Declaring Indigo Collection is a large collection filled with a variety of products. In my eyes, it’s almost three distinct collections. Each collection features an eyeshadow palette and then colors and products that complement it.
Color Fever Glosses
- Declaring Gold is a sheer glossy base with golden shimmer.
- Raspberry Glimmer is a subdued raspberryish shade with multicolored shimmer.
- Golden Rouge is a warmed up red with golden shimmer.
- Berry Glamour is a deep, sultry burgundy-wine with golden-pink shimmer.
- Rouge Magnificence is a subdued reddish-pink.
- Rouge Liberty is a poppy red, seems a bit orange toned on me.
- Front Page is a brownish-burgundy with sheen.
- Paris Rouge is a subdued pink-mauve with multicolored shimmer.
- Berry Sensual is a slightly berried-red.
Golden Audacity Eyeshadow Palette contains four shades of color: a soft, wheat-gold, a dark, cool-toned smoky brown, a warmed-up antique gold, and a softer, more golden-toned antique gold. The Nude Elegance Eyeshadow Palette contains a matte, subdued taupe-beige, a lightly yellowed gold, an antique-gold, and a smoky brown.
See swatches/product photos… Continue reading →
Along with Glossimers, Chanel released two shades of Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00 each) with their Les Naturels de Chanel collection. As you can guess, the collection was designed to be wearable and natural, and Chanel delivered well on both.
Rouge Allure Lipsticks
- Naive is a soft, sheer layering of subdued pink with a little mauve in it. It goes on very my-lips-but-better. It is slightly creamy, though not opaque nor overly so. It has just the lightest dusting of golden shimmer that’s extremely subtle (more so than Glossimers). Looking back at the swatches now, it’s reminiscent of Urban Decay’s Naked lipstick, just not as shimmery.
- Curious is a soft, sheer brown-based nude with subtle golden shimmer that’s just as slight as Naive. Both of these have finishes that look more like a soft sheen than glossy, shimmery, or frosty.
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
Urban Decay: Oil Slick, Naked, Confession Lipsticks
New for fall from Urban Decay are three new shades of lipstick ($22.00 each). All three have a satiny, slightly glossy finish, and they feel very moisturizing on the lips. They smell sweetly scented — I think I detected a bit of caramel-ness to it, too. Ever since Urban Decay launched their lipstick line, I’ve always been a huge admirer of the creative packaging. I still love it, but it has to be some of the more impractical packaging I’ve come across, just because the label is on the “top” but the daggers are out of the bottom (which don’t stand very nicely). But I really do love it anyway. It’s just so beautiful to look at.
Both Oil Slick and Confession should be worn with a lip liner (clear or otherwise), or you could wear this with Urban Decay’s new Lip Primer Potion ($20.00). I haven’t yet tried it, but I’m planning to see how the two work together later on (and will definitely post some comparisons for you all, too). These two shades tend to settle into natural lip lines and may bleed, too, without the proper base!
- Oil Slick is a sheer, glossy black with small, silver sparkles. It’s extremely wearable–not necessarily on its own–when you layer it with other shades. Try topping it with a really rich red or pink!
- Naked is creamy, pinky shade with a little bit of beige to tone it down and gold shimmer to warm it up. Love it. LOVE.
- Confession is a sheer, glossy burgundy-wine shade. It goes on much brighter/lighter than it looks in the tube–so don’t be afraid of the near blackberry color it appears to be. (Actually, the transformation reminded me a bit of how Clinique’s Black Honey is!)
Naked is my new obsession, though. It’s absolutely stunning on lips. It’s totally my-lips-but-better (MLBB) and yet way more complex and interesting than just MLBB. It’s this glossy pinky color with gold shimmer/sparkle. I feel like I’m wearing a lip color that brightens my whole face without anyone really having a clue I’m wearing any. This shade really grabbed me from the get-go, even if it’s not necessarily a unique or eye-catching (hey, it’s no hot pink!).
Anyone else check these out yet?
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Illamasqua: Lip Focus
I am absolutely in LOVE with Illamasqua’s Lipsticks (£14.00 each). The texture, pigmentation, and feel of the two I tried is phenomenal — incredibly smooth, extremely color-rich, and moisturizing. The wear time is top notch, giving me several hours and lasting through drinking a glass of water.
Encounter Lipstick is an opaque shade red that almost looks and feels like a matte, but it is more like a satiny finish with plenty of color and a soft sheen. Not every red works well on me, but this one made me want to go out and show ‘em off!
Obey Lipstick is a pretty coral-pink that’s rich in color so it’s opaque, and it has the same satiny finish of Encounter. I just love when a lipstick is soft, creamy, and has a natural sheen to it. (I find it difficult to wear matte lipsticks sometimes!)
I also tried out Lily Rose Sheer Lipgloss (£12.50 each), which is a semi-sheer red with just a little bit of pink and silver shimmer. It has an ultra glossy look when applied to lips, and it did give my lips plenty of color (kind of looked like watermelon-red on me). It makes me curious to see how intense the Intense Lipglosses are if their Sheer Lipglosses can give me this much color!
Have you tried Illamasqua’s lip products? Any favorites or recommendations?
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
YSL Fall 2009 Collection Sneak Peek – Part 1
YSL for Fall 2009 made our hearts flutter with its stunning promotional imagery. I’m not shocked, either! With the introduction of four new shades of Rouge Volupte, stunning quints, and new Gloss Volupte? I knew this collection was going to cause a stir. Today, let’s preview Frivolous Pink Rouge Volupte ($34.00) — my very favorite lipstick formula — which is a gorgeous shade of milky pink that runs just a touch cool, but it’s not nearly as cool or as pale as Lingerie Pink, but it is not as bright as Fetish Pink. It applies smoothly, evenly, and feels moisturizing as you wear it. This is one of the creamiest lipsticks I’ve had the pleasure of using.
Check out the swatches… Continue reading →
Dior Jazz Club Collection for Fall 2009 Sneak Peek – Part 1
Dior’s Jazz Club definitely caught a lot of your eyes when the information first rolled out. This week, we’ll be previewing some of the fall collections, and here’s our first preview item — Dior’s Neglige Pink Addict Lip Color ($26.00). It’s a pigmented, soft raspberry-pink shade that goes onto lips easily, smoothly, and leaves a soft, glistening sheen. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate a color that’s opaque–yet is not even close to being over the top!
See swatches & a lip swatch! Continue reading →