CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT MASCARA
Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lash for a look that’s lusher, plusher, bolder. Pure, deep color. Wear it once and you’ll feel naked without it.
- Applicator: Medium-sized brush with high density in bristles, seems very thick.
- Clumping: In order to reduce chances of clumping, it is vital that you wait a bit in between each coat application.
- Curl: It naturally curled just a touch, but it held a curl quite well.
- Ease: With its medium-sized brush, application was a breeze. I liked being able to get to my inner lashes and lower lashes without leaving mascara marks all over my under eye area.
- Length: Oh, length it gave. I love a mascara that gives phenomenal length, thickness, and volume–which is asking a lot–but this definitely delivers on length.
- Thickening: My lashes were noticeably thicker, but they could go up a couple more notches on this, but I was satisfied with the results.
- Volume: High Impact is considered Clinique’s volumizing mascara, and I say it does a decent job of adding volume to sparse lashes. What I liked is that it gave volume and length to my stubby lashes amongst my decent natural lashes to bring them altogether for a lovely full lash.
- Best: I liked that I didn’t have clumping problems, even without waiting too long between coats. I loved the richness of the black color, as well as the length I achieved. This mascara is definitely worth the price ($14), which I find reasonably for a high-end brand.
- Worst: There’s nothing I disliked about this mascara, honestly. It’s great for the price, and it delivers fairly well on most accounts. I mentioned I could use more thickening power but that’s purely a personal preference.
BOBBI BROWN EVERYTHING MASCARA
An everyday essential for lashes. Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara has an innovative, all-in-one formula that lengthens, thickens, and defines – without smearing, smudging or clumping. With special conditioning and strengthening ingredients for beautiful, luscious lashes. See how-to video here.
- Applicator: Medium-sized brush, very typical mascara wand you’d find in a variety of mascaras.
- Clumping: As a fairly light-weight mascara, it did not clump in the three or so coats I put on my lashes.
- Curl: It held a curl quite well, though I didn’t feel it benefited from much curl because the lashes seemed too short.
- Ease: Applying this mascara was as easy as the majority of mascaras; the wand is not new to the scene nor is it obese like some of the cult favorites (ahem, DiorShow), so the user can easily get to the inner corner lashes as well as the lower lashes without getting black streaks all over them.
- Length: This mascara did not give me the length I desired. This mascara is described as an “everyday” mascara, so wearing this without any other makeup works. I prefer my mascara to have insane lengthening powers, though.
- Thickening: There was some thickening, but not by much. Like it describes itself to be: it’s a natural-looking mascara.
- Volume: I didn’t notice much difference in my lashes in terms of volume – they were blacker, a touch thicker, but I didn’t see any appearance of them being fuller.
- Best: The best part about this mascara was that it didn’t clump, and I do like that it’s a great natural lash alternative to the market of bigger and better lashes. This is a great mascara for someone who’s not heavily into makeup, but they like to feel/look pretty from time to time.
- Worst: It’s a bit pricey at $20 a pop; compared to the myriad of drugstore mascaras just under $10, I feel you could probably get away with using one of those if your budget doesn’t allow this.
Borghese Superiore State-of-the-Art Mascara
After one use of our thickening mascara, you will understand why it is called “Superiore.” Infused with a built-in, silk-powder foundation for superior wear, delicate lashes are coddled in natural conditioners while providing smudge-proof, flake-proof coverage. Suitable for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes.
What does it claim to do? Provide extended wear, lengthen, separate, and curl without clumping, moisturize and condition lashes. How to use? Apply from base of lash to tip. Price: $18.50
How It Measures Up | Before & After
Continue reading →
I had the pleasure of checking out some products from Prescriptive’s Seducers (Fall 2007) collection, as well as their new 24-hour mascara.
First, a no-mascara vs. mascara comparison, so everyone can see the effects of Prescriptive’s latest mascara formula. Above, those are my pathetic au natural lashes – we can see why mascara is a woman’s staple, can’t we?
Below, you can see my lashes with 2-3 coats of the mascara on (no lash comb – so you can see everything about it). I find it gives me incredible length, but it doesn’t give me the fullness or thickness I usually want (which leads me to go after a fourth coat, uh oh!). The length, though, phenomenal – really false lash-esque. My lashes always seem to clump together, so it’s probably not a result of the mascara, more the result of my poor lash structure!
Check out the rest of the pictures and my review by reading more.
Continue reading →