Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Plastic Passion Collection for Spring 2014
For Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, Spring 2014 is not the season to play it safe! Gone are the demure pastels and flirty palette of seasons past, replaced instead by hypersaturated hues and technicolor textures. OCC’s PLASTIC PASSION collection delivers its most vibrant lineup of Lip Tar shades to date, in both our Matte and Metallic textures. Lips are lacquered in shades that are bold beyond belief. For Spring, excess is everything! Featuring the legendary DEVEN GREEN as the faces of PLASTIC PASSION!
Lip Tar ($18.00)
- Pool Boy Aquatic blue (Matte)
- Rollergirl Vibrant lavender purple (Matte)
- Mannequin Malibu pink (JMatte)
- Kimber Neon orange coral (Matte)
- Hollywood Beige/gold shimmer (Metallic)
- Pleasure Model Pearlescent pink (Metallic)
Nail Lacquer ($10.00)
- Pleasure Model Pink-toned pearl (Pearlescent)
- Seething Lingerie satin pink (Pearlescent)
- Vapid Palest lavender (Creme)
- Automaton 24K gold with red/green duochrome (Metallic)
- Deven Green Nearly-neon green (Creme)
- Pool Boy Aquatic blue (Creme)
See more photos!
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Colour Pencils
Further expanding our ever-growing colour range, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics presents 12 new pencil products: COSMETIC COLOUR PENCILS. The first wave of COSMETIC COLOUR PENCILS range from everyday essential neutrals (Trick, Pennyroyal, Sybil), compliments to best-selling Lip TarTM shades (Anime, Black Dahlia, NSFW) and playful vivids (Pool Boy, Hoochie, Grandma). Launching with our clear, invisible liner ‘ANTI-FEATHERED’, this range of pencils will be the perfect compliment to Lip Tar. $16.00 each.
- Anti-Feathered Clear, invisible liner
- Trick Warm, mid-tone beige*
- Pennyroyal Roasted peach brown
- Symbil Midnight brown-out
- Tarred True black
- Feathered True white
- Anime Vibrant neon pink*
- NSFW True, balanced red*
- Black Dahlia Blackened red*
- Grandma Clean, classic coral*
- Hoochie Vibrant magenta*
- Pool Boy Aquatic blue creme
* Lip- and body-safe. All other shades are eye-, lip-, and body-safe.
See more photos!
Now that 2014 has kicked off, and I’m sure you’ve heard that Pantone’s color of the year is Radiant Orchid. I know we’ll see plenty of new introductions of the color throughout the year, but I know that we’ve seen the color before–and you may already have some in your stash! Here are a few of my picks for wearing radiant orchid on your lips or your tips…
- NYX Castle Lipstick — a shimmering pink-lavender for under $5
- MAC Up the Amp Lipstick — a muted, magenta purple with a satin finish
- OCC Lydia Lip Tar — a matte pinky-plum
- Cult Nails Love at First Sight Nail Lacquer — a light-medium lavender pink cream
- Zoya Kieko Nail Lacquer — a medium-dark, warm-toned purple
What are your favorite orchid-hued lip colors and nail polishes?
When it comes to lipgloss, I personally fall in love with two types: insanely pigmented, nearly opaque colors or glimmering, dazzling, sparkling, and shimmering ones–but they have to be loaded with sparkle (and yet, they can’t feel gritty!). Over the years, while stickiness isn’t a deal-breaker, I don’t like heavy, thick, goopy kind of glosses. Reflecting on glosses I’ve tested out this past year, here were the ones I picked for my top ten!
- Urban Decay Scandal Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color — part gloss, part lipstick, this was one of the most stunning shades of red I’ve worn–so beautiful on (you can get it individually from UD’s website only)
- Burberry Pink Sweet Pea Lip Glow — cool-toned, fuchsia pink with iridescent micro-shimmer and nearly opaque color coverage
- Chanel Reflexion (71) Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss — a medium, pink-coral with warm undertones and soft pink and copper shimmer
- Sephora Red Glow Metallic Glow Lustrous Lip Shine — a vibrant, metallic pinky-red
- YSL Orange de Chine (8) Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain — a vibrant, red-orange with a glossy shine
- OCC Androgyne Lip Tar Stained Gloss — a tangerine orange with a light glossy shine
- Burberry Cameo Pink Lip Glow — a warm pink with peach and copper shimmer
- Giorgio Armani #519 Flash Lip Lacquer — a warm-toned, medium-dark pink with a creamy, glossy finish
- YSL Fuchsia Fugitive (109) Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain — a molten gold-shimmered pink coral
- Giorgio Armani #701 Flash Lip Lacquer — this shade is just too cool not to love (particularly for layering)