Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Plastic Passion Collection for Spring 2014
For Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, Spring 2014 is not the season to play it safe! Gone are the demure pastels and flirty palette of seasons past, replaced instead by hypersaturated hues and technicolor textures. OCC’s PLASTIC PASSION collection delivers its most vibrant lineup of Lip Tar shades to date, in both our Matte and Metallic textures. Lips are lacquered in shades that are bold beyond belief. For Spring, excess is everything! Featuring the legendary DEVEN GREEN as the faces of PLASTIC PASSION!
Lip Tar ($18.00)
- Pool Boy Aquatic blue (Matte)
- Rollergirl Vibrant lavender purple (Matte)
- Mannequin Malibu pink (JMatte)
- Kimber Neon orange coral (Matte)
- Hollywood Beige/gold shimmer (Metallic)
- Pleasure Model Pearlescent pink (Metallic)
Nail Lacquer ($10.00)
- Pleasure Model Pink-toned pearl (Pearlescent)
- Seething Lingerie satin pink (Pearlescent)
- Vapid Palest lavender (Creme)
- Automaton 24K gold with red/green duochrome (Metallic)
- Deven Green Nearly-neon green (Creme)
- Pool Boy Aquatic blue (Creme)
See more photos!
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Colour Pencils
Further expanding our ever-growing colour range, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics presents 12 new pencil products: COSMETIC COLOUR PENCILS. The first wave of COSMETIC COLOUR PENCILS range from everyday essential neutrals (Trick, Pennyroyal, Sybil), compliments to best-selling Lip TarTM shades (Anime, Black Dahlia, NSFW) and playful vivids (Pool Boy, Hoochie, Grandma). Launching with our clear, invisible liner ‘ANTI-FEATHERED’, this range of pencils will be the perfect compliment to Lip Tar. $16.00 each.
- Anti-Feathered Clear, invisible liner
- Trick Warm, mid-tone beige*
- Pennyroyal Roasted peach brown
- Symbil Midnight brown-out
- Tarred True black
- Feathered True white
- Anime Vibrant neon pink*
- NSFW True, balanced red*
- Black Dahlia Blackened red*
- Grandma Clean, classic coral*
- Hoochie Vibrant magenta*
- Pool Boy Aquatic blue creme
* Lip- and body-safe. All other shades are eye-, lip-, and body-safe.
See more photos!
Now that 2014 has kicked off, and I’m sure you’ve heard that Pantone’s color of the year is Radiant Orchid. I know we’ll see plenty of new introductions of the color throughout the year, but I know that we’ve seen the color before–and you may already have some in your stash! Here are a few of my picks for wearing radiant orchid on your lips or your tips…
- NYX Castle Lipstick — a shimmering pink-lavender for under $5
- MAC Up the Amp Lipstick — a muted, magenta purple with a satin finish
- OCC Lydia Lip Tar — a matte pinky-plum
- Cult Nails Love at First Sight Nail Lacquer — a light-medium lavender pink cream
- Zoya Kieko Nail Lacquer — a medium-dark, warm-toned purple
What are your favorite orchid-hued lip colors and nail polishes?
When it comes to lipgloss, I personally fall in love with two types: insanely pigmented, nearly opaque colors or glimmering, dazzling, sparkling, and shimmering ones–but they have to be loaded with sparkle (and yet, they can’t feel gritty!). Over the years, while stickiness isn’t a deal-breaker, I don’t like heavy, thick, goopy kind of glosses. Reflecting on glosses I’ve tested out this past year, here were the ones I picked for my top ten!
- Urban Decay Scandal Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color — part gloss, part lipstick, this was one of the most stunning shades of red I’ve worn–so beautiful on (you can get it individually from UD’s website only)
- Burberry Pink Sweet Pea Lip Glow — cool-toned, fuchsia pink with iridescent micro-shimmer and nearly opaque color coverage
- Chanel Reflexion (71) Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss — a medium, pink-coral with warm undertones and soft pink and copper shimmer
- Sephora Red Glow Metallic Glow Lustrous Lip Shine — a vibrant, metallic pinky-red
- YSL Orange de Chine (8) Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain — a vibrant, red-orange with a glossy shine
- OCC Androgyne Lip Tar Stained Gloss — a tangerine orange with a light glossy shine
- Burberry Cameo Pink Lip Glow — a warm pink with peach and copper shimmer
- Giorgio Armani #519 Flash Lip Lacquer — a warm-toned, medium-dark pink with a creamy, glossy finish
- YSL Fuchsia Fugitive (109) Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain — a molten gold-shimmered pink coral
- Giorgio Armani #701 Flash Lip Lacquer — this shade is just too cool not to love (particularly for layering)
What were your must-have lipglosses from 2013?
I have to admit: this was a complete challenge. In fact, it felt unfair trying to narrow down favorites to a mere ten when I was considering around 300 different shades from the past year. As what tends to happen when I start to feel indecisive, I went for favorites across brands and weighted uniqueness slightly more heavily than other factors. But there were some really outstanding formulas released this year! At year-end, I have to give major props to Cult Nails and OCC, both of which had a lot of contenders.
- Cult Nails Masquerade Nail Lacquer — so, so multi-dimensional with its gold to rose gold to magenta to green coloring and micro-glitter
- Chanel Taboo Le Vernis — a striking, dazzling deep, dark purple that sparkles and catches light like crazy
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Petra (140) Enamored Hi-Shine Lacquer — a cool-toned, purplish-gray taupe with copper and bronze metallic shimmer
- Dior Diablotine (643) Vernis — something about this bold, warm-toned red and its flecks of sparkle captured my attention so, so fiercly this year
- OCC Black Metal Dahlia Nail Lacquer — it’s a ridiculous deep, dark metallic red with so much depth
- Illamasqua Facet Nail Varnish — taupe with flecks of copper and molten gold sparkle and shimmer–couldn’t even come close to duping this
- Cult Nails Faded Nail Lacquer — a flawless, pale cool-toned gray cream–so difficult to this well
- Color Club Beyond Nail Lacquer — a soft black with holographic shimmer (and all of the accompanying Color Club holographic shades were beyond fantastic, too)
- Urban Decay Zodiac Nail Color — I fell head-over-heels for this smoky, forest green with flecks of sparkle and shimmer
- Zoya Amy Nail Lacquer — a glowing–truly, it just felt like it was illuminated from within–reddish-orange with molten gold sparkle