Bright Makeup: Hot Pink Smoky Eyes
Go fierce or go home! Dark, sultry smoky eyes with a hot pink edge paired with equally in-your-face pink lips.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Fuchsia Pigment (fuchsia), Sugarpill Dollipop Eyeshadow (matte fuchsia pink), Sugarpill Bulletproof Eyeshadow (matte black), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), MAC Beautiful Iris Eyeshadow (iridescent icy purple), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black liner), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Setting Powder
- Cheeks: MAC Sculpt Sculpting Powder (dark nude), MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder (soft champagne-peach)
- Lips: MAC Petals & Peacocks Lipstick (hot pink), MAC True Babe Lipstick (hot pink)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 168 (fluffy angled brush), 165 (tapered blush brush), 130 (flat stippling brush)
- Substitutes: Shell Pearl = Soft & Gentle; Petals & Peacocks = Girl About Town; True Babe = Pink Poodle
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Fuchsia pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Dollipop eyeshadow on the entire lower eyelid area. Darken the outer third of the lid with Bulletproof eyeshadow with the 226, gently brushing it into the outer crease. Lightly blend Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow, with the 226, in the crease. Lightly tap and brush Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Beautiful Iris eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone and inner tearduct. Bring everything together by applying Lust eyeliner on the lower lash line and Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by applying Blacktrack fluidline to the upper lash line with the 208, and then sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sculpt sculpting powder to the hollows of the cheeks to lightly contour and blend onto cheeks with the 168. To highlight, apply Shell pearl onto the cheekbones with the 165.
For lips, apply Petals & Peacocks lipstick first, and then layer True Babe lipglass for a complementing lip.