Butter London Spring/Summer 2012 Collection
butter LONDON™ and Founding Creative Director Nonie Creme are pleased to introduce the new S/S 12 lacquer collection.
Says Creme, “What a season! Pops of neon colour everywhere, tempered by sherbet pastels and cool neutrals. It left us plenty to play with in the nail realm. I’ve mixed a couple of softer opaque shades in cantaloupe and pale pistachio, and followed up with an intense retro turquoise and slightly glittery hot pink. Finally, a quietly marvelous sheer oyster that packs a tiny punch with micro glitter particles for those seeking a new way to wear neutral. The message this season is KNOW who you are, then BE who you are! It’s all about the Individual this season, and the beauty world is yours to rule.”
- Bossy Boots Light, opaque pistachio green
- Disco Biscuit Tropical hot pink with an undercurrent of tiny iridescent glitter particles
- Knacked Sheer, twinkling oyster shade flecked with micro-glitter particles
- Slapper Truly teal lacquer, bold and very bright
- Trout Pout Opaque shade of cantaloupe, pale and retro
availability: butterlondon.com, $14 each
NARS Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer for Spring 2012
Per WWD, Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30/PA+++ will be available in nine shades and retail for $42. It will launch exclusively to Nordstrom first, debuting February 1st, and then narscosmetics.com and NARS’ Bleecker Street store on February 15th. The range will rolled out nationally and globally in full come March.
China Glaze ElectroPop Collection
Where heavy metal meets rocker chic, China Glaze® introduces the Spring 2012 collection, ElectroPop. Inspired by all things girly, edgy and fun, the 12 shades of ElectroPop bring out the inner rock star in all. For flash and glam this spring, China Glaze® hits the stage in style! ElectroPop will be available February 2012. Individual shades retail for $7; 6 piece collections retail for $42.
- Kinetic Candy Touch the sky in light blue crème
- Electric Beat Periwinkle nails for a wink worthy performance
- Aquadelic Pool blue for nighttime gigs and daytime fun in the sun
- Gaga For Green Green lacquer for the girl craving the limelight
- Sunshine Pop Shine in the spotlight in bold yellow
- Make Some Noise Rock the mic in tangerine
- Wicked Style Party cocktail tropical punch
- Fuchsia Fanatic Fuchsia pink for the rocker diva in us all
- Gothic Lolita Steal the show on girls night out in seductive purple
- Dance Baby Hit center stage in cotton candy pink
- Sweet Hook Blow a kiss in dreamy lilac
- Techno Glitter confetti polish for a dazzling topcoat finish or all over finger tip bling
NARS Makeup Removing Water Launches
Soap-free, oil-free, and alcohol-free, our Makeup Removing Water is the gentle, yet effective way to kick off your skincare routine. The water formula easily sweeps away makeup and tones the skin, without having to rub. Infused with cucumber, chamomile and hyaluronic acid, Makeup Removing Water leaves skin feeling soft, soothed and refreshed. Saturate a cotton pad with product, gently smooth over entire face and follow with your recommended NARS cleanser. The result: purified, toned, glowing skin. Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and dermatologist and ophtamologist tested. $28.00.
availability: January 2012 at narscosmetics.com
Essie Spring 2012 Collection: Navigate Her
This spring, essie pays tribute to the beautiful, ambitious woman of action. Not content to play it safe and hedge her bets during the wintry economic climate, the change in weather perfectly suits her sunnier outlook. In both fashion and finance, she’s ready, willing and able to strike out and try something fresh and new.
Never one to rest on her formidable charms alone, this self-made woman knows what she wants and exactly how to get it. She’s in the driver’s seat navigating her way through life with daring, wit and fashion aplomb. “Fortune favors the bold,” says essie brand founder and global creative director Essie Weingarten. “I am so inspired by women who dream big, go with their instincts and always manage to put their best self forward.”
This supremely feminine collection creates the perfect spring wardrobe for every woman on a mission. With skin-flattering brights and power pastels to suit every occasion, she’s always at the top of her game with essie color. For those in the vanguard, blazing a trail of glory to new heights, there’s olé caliente. For a more gentle touch and soft-sell approach, a crewed interest is sure to post serious profits. Whatever your strategy, choose one of six ingenious colors that means business.
- Navigate Her New growth green
- A Crewed Interest Pretty pursuable peach
- Ole Caliente Spicy scarlet fever
- Orange, It’s Obvious! Headstrong outspoken orange
- To Buy or Not to Buy Limitless lilac shimmer
- Tour de Finance Incandescent fuchsia futures
availability: February 2012 at salons and beauty destinations worlwide, $8.00 each
NARS Spring 2012 Collection
The Spring 2012 Collection, created by Founder and Creative Director François Nars, stars a mix of bright and playful colors balanced with rich, saturated hues. Nars chose to photograph model Ginta Lapina for the spring campaign, explaining, “Her delicate features and classic beauty made her an ideal fit for a collection that’s at once fresh and fierce.”
To achieve the makeup look in the campaign image, Ginta’s skin was made radiant with Santa Fe Sheer Glow Foundation and set with Eden Loose Powder to create an Immaculate Complexion. Next, Zen Blush was applied to the hollow of the cheek and blended toward the temple for contour; Gaiety Blush was brushed onto the apple of the cheeks for a pop of color.
After prepping with Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, Lhasa Single Eyeshadow was blended onto Ginta’s lids, extending the color to the upper inner corner of the eye. Her brow bone was highlighted with Albatross Highlighting Blush before Dark Rite Soft Touch Shadow Pencil was swiped across the upper lash line. It was further defined with Rue Saint-Honoré Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner; a winged effect was created in the outer corner. The lower lash was lined with the same pencil and gently smudged. Brows were defined with Blondie Single Eyeshadow; lashes were curled, then brushed with two coats of Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara. Lips were lined and filled in with Amazon Lipliner Pencil, then topped with Valparaíso Pure Matte Lipstick and Misbehave Lip Gloss for shine. The look was completed with Écume Nail Polish on the nails.
Eyeshadow Trio ($45.00) (Limited Edition)
- Douce France Shimmery icy pink, shimmery rose-petal pink, matte deep rose
- Lhasa Shimmery lavender-gray
Eyeshadow Duo ($34.00) (Limited Edition)
- Paramaribo Metallic shades of brass and bronze
Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil ($24.00)
Pure Matte Lipstick ($25.00)
- Valparaiso Rich raspberry
Soft Touch Shadow Pencil ($24.00)
Nail Polish ($18.00) (Limited Edition)
- Diamond Life Metallic violet
availability: January 13th, 2012 at narscosmetics.com