Chanel Spring 2012 Makeup: Harmonie de Printemps
From the break of dawn to the descent of twilight, skies reveal an enchanting array of hues with the arrival of Spring. Inspired by this brilliant seasonal change, Peter Philips, Creative Director of Chanel Makeup, infused glowing, sunlit colour into the Spring 2012 Makeup Collection, HARMONIE DE PRINTEMPS. Subtle gradations of rose, coral and peach sculpt the face, giving it a soft radiance, while rich garnets and vivid pinks dress the lips.
Blush Horizon de Chanel / Glowing Blush Harmony ($58.00) (Limited Edition)
In one elegant compact, five pink and peach tones mimic the luminous hues of sunset. This unique powder blush lends itself to multiple effects: blended together, the harmony is ideal for sculpting and accentuating the natural contours of the face. Using just the pink shades creates a fresh, youthful flush, while on their own, the peach tones produce a warm, sun-bronzed glow.
Poudre Universelle Compact / Natural Finish Pressed Powder ($45.00) (Limited Edition)
Les 4 Ombres / Quadra Eyeshadow ($57.00)
- Eclosion Peach, gold, beige, plum
Stylo Yeux Waterproof / Long Lasting Eyeliner ($29.00)
Ombre Essentielle / Soft Touch Eyeshadow ($28.50)
- Rose de Mai Pink
- Tigerlily Golden orange
Rouge Coco / Hydrating Creme Lip Colour ($32.00)
- Superstition Golden beige
- Paradis Pink coral
- Charme Pink
- Destinee Plum
Rouge Coco Shine / Hydrating Sheer Lipshine ($32.00)
- Candeur Pastel pink
- Flirt Soft coral
Levres Scintillantes / Glossimer ($28.50)
- Petillant Golden beige
- Bonbon Soft pink
- Bagatelle Pink
Le Crayon Levres / Precision Lip Definer ($29.00)
- Rose Corail Pink coral
- Bois de Rose Rosewood
Rouge Double Intensite / Ultra Wear Lip Colour ($34.00)
- Rose Topaz Rosewood (U.S. Exclusive)
Rouge Coco Baume / Hydrating Conditioning Lip Balm ($32.00)
This moisture-rich lip balm combines ultra-conditioning benefits with a sumptuous, high-gloss finish. ROUGE COCO BAUME Hydrating Conditioning Lip Balm boasts an advanced Hydratendre Complex, which hydrates and softens lips, for a healthier and fuller appearance. Its sheer, lustrous texture glides on smoothly, leaving lips beautifully aglow.
Le Vernis / Nail Colour ($25.00)
- June Pastel apricot (Limited Edition)
- May Intense pink
- April Garnet
availability: January 2012
Guerlain Noir G de Guerlain Mascara
Guerlain’s NEW Noir G is the first mascara to combine the extravagant luxury of a jewel case with an extraordinary formula for perfectly defined eyes. This fabulous case jealously guards a unique, complete formula that combines the power of color, extreme intensity and the secret of beauty. The lush texture makes it easy to achieve an intense, dramatic lash look without any risk of smearing, smudging or clumping. Like a magic wand, the ground-breaking Noir G goes one step further with a refillable wand applicator, making it convenient and easy to switch to a new one as soon as you need it. Pull on the case and with a click, the hidden mirror is revealed. Add a quick twist and the brush appears for exceptional lash results.
- Formula complex delivers a perfect 3-dimensional look with volumizing, lengthening and curling benefits.
- Lashes are transformed: perfectly defined, denser and cloaked in a new intensity.
- Refillable design makes replacing more convenient.
- Ultra Black Pigments: these carbon black pigments offer an unprecedented level of intense black. The optimal size of these pigments allows for a better dispersion within the formula while a magnifying effect amplifies the intensity and depth of the black and the glossy finish. These are the purest black pigments that can be found in mascara.
- Volumizing, Lengthening, Curling formula: The formula plumps and thickens every lash, the stretch formula allows the mascara to lengthen even the smallest lashes and then the curling formula coats lashes in a protective film to maximise and set the curl.
- Artemia Salina: helps to regenerate lashes by stimulating keratin for fortification and lash growth.
- Polymer Film fixes the formula from daybreak to the end of the night, preventing the formula from smudging or flaking.
- In perfect osmosis with Noir G’s formula, the fiber brush is soft and supple for perfect, fast and even distribution over all the lashes. Narrow and extremely easy to handle, it glides everywhere, catching and wrapping around every lash above and below to reproduce the unprecedented effect of a blow-dry.
availability: Noir G is available January at Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and Bergdorf Goodman. It will retail for $49, refills for $26.
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
The Naked Palette by Urban Decay took over the internet via tweets, YouTube tutorials and reviews, sells more than one every minute, and remains (after two years on the market) the beauty industry’s best-selling palette! The most anticipated sequel since Empire Strikes Back, with shades ranging from the palest nude to the lewdest black, Urban Decay’s Naked2 palette takes full frontal to another level.
- Blackout Blackest black with matte finish (Repromote, not available individually)
- Booty Call Shimmery cork (New)
- Busted Deep brown with shimmery finish (New)
- Chopper Copper shimmer with silver micro glitter (Permanent)
- Foxy Cream bisque with matte finish (Repromote, not available individually)
- Half Baked Golden bronze with shimmery finish (Permanent)
- Pistol Light greyish brown with shimmery finish (New)
- Snake Bite Dark bronze shimmer with metallic base (New)
- Suspect Pale golden beige with shimmery finish (Repromote, not available individually)
- Tease Creamy pale brown with matte finish (New)
- Verve Oyster with shimmery finish (Repromote, not available individually)
- YDK Cool bronze shimmer with metallic base (Permanent)
- Naked Sheer shimmery pinky neutral (Lip Junkie) (Permanent)
- Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush Dual-ended brush
availability: Now @ Urban Decay for $50; mid-to-late January for Sephora, Ulta, beauty.com, Macy’s; February 2012 for international
Please note this palette arrived an hour ago, and I’m working as fast as possible to get everything up right away. Please be patient and hold ALL questions until I’ve had a chance to post the review. Thank you!
Anselm Reyle for Dior Collection for Spring 2012
Christian Dior once worked as a gallerist and kept art close to his heart throughout his career as a visionary couturier. In tribute to this history, Dior has collaborated with German artist Anselm Reyle to create the limited edition Anselm Reyle for Dior Eyeshadow Palette ($110.00). This striking palette features a camouflage pattern in shades of silver, grey, charcoal and violet. In addition, there will be five limited edition Reyle-inspired shades of Dior Vernis ($23.00 each) available: Ultra Violet, Pink Graffiti, Electric Blue, Metallic Silver and Untitled Black.
Anselm Reyle was born in Tübingen, Germany in 1970 and currently lives and works in Berlin. Reyle’s stripe paintings are instantly recognizable as responses to the formalist vocabulary of Clement Greenberg that defined the art of the 1950s and 1960s. Reyle references iconic abstractionists ranging from Kenneth Noland to Otto Freundlich. Reyle’s “objets trouvés,” a reference to his multi-media installations that include sculpture and found neon lights, are in constant dialogue about the role of modernism today. He is one of few contemporary German painters examining the lessons of abstraction and their place in contemporary painting at a moment when figurative painting has gained critical momentum.
The palette and Vernis shades are part of a larger Anselm Reyle accessories collection—featuring bags, shoes, and jewelry—which will launch worldwide as well in January. Reyle immersed himself in the heart of Dior and was given cart blanche in the design process. He played with colors, shaking up the codes of the mythical Avenue Montaigne Couture House, which offered all its savoir-faire to serve its imagination.
“Most of my work builds on object that already exist, which I then transform. I applied the same philosophy.” — Anselm Reyle
availability: January 2012 at Saks Fifth Avenue and Dior.com. It will also be available at Dior Boutique Art Basel.
Guerlain Spring 2012: The Pinks and the Blacks Collection
Guerlain tells the story of spring by pairing bursts of pink along side the intensity of black. Sophisticated and elegant, this color collection defines femininity while also revealing one’s inner seductress.
Meteorites Cruel Gardenia ($67.00) (Limited Edi8tion)
Packaged within the legendary rosette of the Météorites Perles, a stunning pink flower is found. Named after one of the Exclusive Fragrances from the House of Guerlain, Météorites Cruel Gardenia will light up the skin with a subtly iridescent veil. Create a radiant complexion by applying all over the face or in a specific area such as the cheekbones to structure the face.
Rouge G ($48.00) (Limited Edition)
As an ode to the color pink, four new glamorous shades have been created this spring in its honor. With a dash of ruby powder, hyaluronic acid to smooth and plump, a hint of filling Gugul resin, plumping Tiger Grass, and wild mango butter for perfect hydration, your lips will be left radiant and as soft as a flower petal.
- 72 Rose Innocent
- 73 Rose Ensoleillé
- 74 Rose Piquant
- 75 Rose Barbare
Ecrin 6 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette ($85.00)
- 66 Boulevard du Montparnasse Within one case lays 6 eyeshadow colors. The central luminous pink shade is surrounded by pearl mauve, tea rose, soft violet and soft pink, while a liner traces the eyes in an intense plum. Whether you create a tone-on-tone, couture or smoky eye look, the result is captivating. Moonstone, the key ingredient, adorns the eyes with its silvery reflection and lamellar structure to keep the eyeshadow in place longer for a fresher look. (Permanent)
Ecrin 4 Couleurs Long-Lasting Eyeshadows ($59.00)
- 12 Les Aquas For a sophisticated and stunning gaze, this palette mixes an iridescent blue, a matte navy, a velvety turquoise and a glacier metallic blue (Permanent)
- 11 Les Roses Consisting of an iridescent pink with pearl particles, a matte pink, a metallic violet, and a raspberry shade with a velvety finish, this palette allows you to create a fresh yet seductive look (Permanent)
Kiss Kiss Gloss ($32.00) (Permanent)
- 869 Rose in Bloom Pure pink.
- 870 Cherry Pink Gourmand pastel.
- 871 Frosted Rose Off-white with delicate, subtle pink mother-of-pearl particles.
- 872 Flush Pink Intense fuchsia.
availability: Guerlain’s Spring Color collection is available beginning January 2012 at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, Bloomingdales and Bergdorf Goodman.
A tantalizing twist of art, color and fantasy comes to life as the world’s leading professional make up brand, M.A.C Cosmetics prepares to launch a cosmetics collaboration with China’s foremost fashion photographer, Chen Man. Inspired by Chen Man’s vision, the upcoming collaboration with M.A.C features an extraordinary campaign visual shot by Chen Man. The M.A.C for Chen Man collection will feature limited edition mineralize eye shadows emblazoned with a yin/yang design and will be available globally at M.A.C outlets from March 2012. — PR Newswire