Urban Decay Holiday 2011 Launches
Sephora.com has an early preview of Urban Decay’s holiday offerings–they’re not yet available for purchase, but at least we know what’s coming!
Mariposa Palette ($39.00) (Sephora Exclusive) (Limited Edition)
This palette mixes never-boring neutrals with sexy hits of shimmer and sparkle, and signature UD brights that truly explode. Just sweep them on, fast and easy, with the enclosed travel-size cruelty-free eye shadow brush. These shadows are laid out in color-coordinated quadrants (sets of four) that look amazing when worn together and can also be used as a starting point for creating your own color combinations. Housed in a gunmetal tin that displays a striking butterfly and an embossed UD icon, this assortment is perfect for everyone. 10×0.03 oz. eyeshadows plus travel-sized eyeshadow brush.
- Rockstar Deep purple
- Gunmetal Gunmetal gray with silver glitter
- Skimp Ivory peach sheen
- Infamous Magenta sheen
- Wreckage Taupe shimmer
- Haight Dark teal with shimmer
- Money Pale silvery green shimmer
- Mushroom Steel gray shimmer
- Spotlight Golden tan shimmer
- Limelight Gold shimmer
24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Travel Size Set ($32.00) (Limited Edition)
Each set contain 5 x 0.03 oz. pencils.
- Naked Includes Zero, Demolition, Bourbon, Underground, and Stray Dog
- Electric Includes Perversion, Ransom, Woodstock, Radium, and Junkie
24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil Stash ($34.00)
- Includes Delinquent, Rehab, Juju, Sin, and Clash.
availability: Holiday 2011
Paperself False Eyelashes @ Sephora
Paperself has recently launched at Sephora, and the line has made six of their elaborate false eyelashes available through the major retailer. The six include: Peacock ($19), Under the Sea ($19), Small peach Blossom ($17), Dear & Butterfly ($19), Peach Blossom ($19), and Small Under the Sea ($17). You can view the full range at Paperself.
Known for their unconventional use of paper, London-based design firm Paperself has taken faux lashes to a whole new level. Inspired by the art of Chinese paper-cutting, these first-ever paper eyelashes are each intricately designed, blending an element of traditional culture with contemporary design. Each style carries a symbolic meaning. The Peacock style represents luck; the Deer and Butterfly symbolize freedom. Available exclusively at Sephora, this collection pushes the envelope with its eye-opening and artistic eye jewelry.
Do Ya Think I’m Sexy, Glamorous Life
Deborah Lippmann Holiday 2011 Collection
The holidays are a time to feel good; even in New York people are a little cheerier! So it seemed only natural to create a collection of holiday colors that celebrate the spirit of the season. Each color has something joyful, from large flecks of gorgeous glinting glitter or a magnificent metallic finish that shimmers off the nail. Go ahead, play with these shades and let them add to the joy of the season.
We have seen so many large sequins in fashion I wanted to make the most full-on gold ever. SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING is all large sequined glitter in gold with nothing but a clear base. It’s holiday in a bottle!
I did my one woman show at the famous NYC Feinsteins earlier this year and I wore a ‘couture’ red sequin Jessica Rabbit gown. Since I can’t wear that dress daily I decided to create, DO YA THINK I’M SEXY?, a color we could all wear all holiday long. We even used the shade in the hottest fall runway show Rodarte. Talk about feeling sexy when you are wearing nail color!
Lying on the beach and looking up at the stars gave me the idea for this soft but shimmering shade, STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. Made from all large glitter, it is modern and fairy princess all at the same time.
Disco is back! I have never lost my love for disco. Believe it or not I was the Arizona state disco dancing champion. I was inspired to create I LOVE THE NIGHTLIFE ($18) by the huge disco ball that was prominent in every night club back in the day. Clear base filled with large particles of graphite glitter. Edgy and cool.
I’ve been obsessed with a rose gold Rolex watch and since I haven’t received one in my Xmas stocking I decided the next best thing would be to wear the color on my nails. It has taken me 3 years to get the luxurious finish in the shade GLAMOROUS LIFE.
GOOD GIRL GONE BAD is a rich, chic sophisticated holiday shade. Dark berry with just a hint of gold shimmer— just enough to catch the light. — Deborah Lippmann
- Do Ya Think I’m Sexy Risque red sequin (Glitter)
- Glamorous Life Rolex rose gold (Metallic)
- Good Girl Gone Bad Bold Cabernet glimmer (Shimmer)
- I Love the Nightlife Groovy graphite (Glitter)
- Shake Your Groove Thing Full-on flickering gold (Glitter)
- Stairway to Heaven Iridescent icicle (Glitter)
availability: September/October; Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and online at www.deborahlippmann.com
Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color for Fall 2011
Inspired by Dick Page’s photography and travels around the globe, the NEW Shiseido Makeup Shimmering Cream Eye Color glides over eyelids creating a luxurious and deeply pigmented look in an instant. There is no need to apply an eye shadow base or powder shadow on top as the Shimmering Cream Eye Color delivers strong color definition with maximum performance as well as unprecedented luster and lasting brilliance.
These lightweight, long-wearing cream shadows maintain a smudge-free and dewy finish that won’t crease or fade for up to 16 hours. Each shade can be worn separately or blended together for a variety of looks and effects.
With light-capturing power to outshine jewels, these shadows are smooth, blendable and remain stunning all day long using a combination of unique technologies including:
- Jewel Reflecting Powder – a shimmering powder that reflects different colors from every angle, emitting an intense radiance.
- Smooth Fit Base – uses Shiseido’s exclusive patent-pending emulsification technology to quickly remove excess oil and water after application, leaving only the essential reflective pearl and moisturizing ingredients behind on lids. This exceptional adhering quality is what gives the shadow its strong resistance to creasing and fading.
- Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE – a Shiseido-original ingredient that moisturizes and improves dryness to give eyes a fresh look all day long.
Shimmering Cream Eye Color ($26.00)
- Mist (WT901) Soft pearly white
- Magnolia (PK302) Fresh bright pink
- Techno Gold (GD803) Brilliant yellow gold
- Meadow (BE204) Warm, glowing beige
- Purple Dawn (VI305) Intense violet
- Leather (BR306) Rich, reddish brown
- Patina (GR707) Lustrous metallic bronze
- Moss (GR708) Vibrant bright green
- Sable (BR709) Luxurious taupe
- Tin (SV810) Rich silver
- Angel 9BL711) Deep, teal-toned blue
- Caviar (BK912) Glossy, shimmering black
availability: August 2011 at all Shiseido counters, online at macys.com, bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com, saks.com, sephora.com
NARS Concealer (Re)Launches
NARS Concealer boasts a lightweight, creamy texture enriched with Vitamin E for crease-resistant coverage that stays in place all day. Aside from new slim packaging, the formula will grow its shade range from a total of six shades to ten to help achieve a NARS Immaculate Complexion. Whether applied to camouflage darkness under the eyes or to reduce the appearance of redness and skin imperfections, the new range reaches a broader scope of skintones and is targeted to more closely match NARS’ Sheer Matte & Sheer Glow Foundation shades. Apply with a brush for even application and precise spot coverage.
- Chantilly For fairest of complexions, true ivory
- Vanilla For fair complexions, tiny cast of pink tones
- Honey For light to medium complexion, warm peach tones
- Custard For light to medium complexions, yellow tones
- Ginger For medium complexions, golden tones
- Biscuit For medium to dark complexions, natural balance of pink and yellow tones
- Caramel For medium to dark complexions, yellow and golden tones
- Amande For medium to dark complexions, golden olive tones
- Café For dark complexions, warm red tones
- Cacao For dark complexions, deep-gold-brown tones
Duo Concealers ($30.00)
availability: September 1st @ narscosmetics.com
Juicy Couture with Deborah Lippmann & Troy Surratt Holiday 2011
Fill your stocking with everything for luxe nails and flawlessly luscious lips this holiday season. For Holiday 2011 Juicy Couture introduces exclusive collaborations with the creative force behind the fashion industry’s hottest nail looks, Deborah Lippmann, and make-up artist to the stars, Troy Surratt. These beauty collections are must-haves under the mistletoe for every Juicy girl to sparkle and shine.
Deborah Lippmann, the first name in fashion-setting nails, collaborates with Juicy Couture for a dazzling holiday collection. Featuring two exclusive regal Deborah Lippmann nail lacquers and four classic shades, the Deborah Lippmann and Juicy Couture collection offers chic holiday hand looks for every glamour girl.
“Just like Deborah Lippmann nail lacquer, Juicy Couture’s trendsetting style makes fashion fun—each collection has a playful twist. A collaboration between the two celebrity cult favorites just made perfect sense,” says Deborah Lippmann.
Hand Warmer Gift Set ($68.00)
Keep hands happy this winter without covering up your gorgeous nail color with limited edition Deborah Lippmann polish and Juicy Couture hand warmer sets:
- Jewel in the Crown A Juicy Couture and Deborah Lippmann shade exclusive, this shimmering pewter is made for the modern matriarch.
- Believe Inspired by the queen of onstage glam, Cher, this glimmering gold beige gets nails holiday-ready in an instant.
Precious Metals ($48.00)
- Here Comes the Queen Juicy Couture & Deborah Lippmann shade exclusive; sheer glaze infused with ultra-glam gold
- Jewel in the Crown Juicy Couture & Deborah Lippmann shade exclusive; shimmering pewter
- Believe Glimmering gold beige created with Cher
Shimmer and Shine ($48.00)
- Bring on the Bling Divine shimmer containing virgin diamond powder
- Whatever Lola Wants Sassy, sparkling lavender
- Since I Fell For You Shining shiraz
Celebrity make-up artist Troy Surratt creates delectable sliding lip gloss tins in Raspberry, Strawberry and Vanilla Shake flavors. These vibrant glosses are the perfect complement to every Holiday occasion, adding soft, sultry shine for a perfect pout.
The Troy Surratt and Juicy Couture collection includes:
Individual Sliding Lip Tin ($12.00)
- Available in raspberry, strawberry, vanilla shake
Set of 3 Sliding Lip Gloss Tins ($36.00)
- Available in raspberry, strawberry, vanilla shake
Snow Globe Charm Lip Gloss Wand ($18.00)
availability: October/November 2011