Do Ya Think I’m Sexy, Glamorous Life
Deborah Lippmann Holiday 2011 Collection
The holidays are a time to feel good; even in New York people are a little cheerier! So it seemed only natural to create a collection of holiday colors that celebrate the spirit of the season. Each color has something joyful, from large flecks of gorgeous glinting glitter or a magnificent metallic finish that shimmers off the nail. Go ahead, play with these shades and let them add to the joy of the season.
We have seen so many large sequins in fashion I wanted to make the most full-on gold ever. SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING is all large sequined glitter in gold with nothing but a clear base. It’s holiday in a bottle!
I did my one woman show at the famous NYC Feinsteins earlier this year and I wore a ‘couture’ red sequin Jessica Rabbit gown. Since I can’t wear that dress daily I decided to create, DO YA THINK I’M SEXY?, a color we could all wear all holiday long. We even used the shade in the hottest fall runway show Rodarte. Talk about feeling sexy when you are wearing nail color!
Lying on the beach and looking up at the stars gave me the idea for this soft but shimmering shade, STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. Made from all large glitter, it is modern and fairy princess all at the same time.
Disco is back! I have never lost my love for disco. Believe it or not I was the Arizona state disco dancing champion. I was inspired to create I LOVE THE NIGHTLIFE ($18) by the huge disco ball that was prominent in every night club back in the day. Clear base filled with large particles of graphite glitter. Edgy and cool.
I’ve been obsessed with a rose gold Rolex watch and since I haven’t received one in my Xmas stocking I decided the next best thing would be to wear the color on my nails. It has taken me 3 years to get the luxurious finish in the shade GLAMOROUS LIFE.
GOOD GIRL GONE BAD is a rich, chic sophisticated holiday shade. Dark berry with just a hint of gold shimmer— just enough to catch the light. — Deborah Lippmann
- Do Ya Think I’m Sexy Risque red sequin (Glitter)
- Glamorous Life Rolex rose gold (Metallic)
- Good Girl Gone Bad Bold Cabernet glimmer (Shimmer)
- I Love the Nightlife Groovy graphite (Glitter)
- Shake Your Groove Thing Full-on flickering gold (Glitter)
- Stairway to Heaven Iridescent icicle (Glitter)
availability: September/October; Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and online at www.deborahlippmann.com
Juicy Couture with Deborah Lippmann & Troy Surratt Holiday 2011
Fill your stocking with everything for luxe nails and flawlessly luscious lips this holiday season. For Holiday 2011 Juicy Couture introduces exclusive collaborations with the creative force behind the fashion industry’s hottest nail looks, Deborah Lippmann, and make-up artist to the stars, Troy Surratt. These beauty collections are must-haves under the mistletoe for every Juicy girl to sparkle and shine.
Deborah Lippmann, the first name in fashion-setting nails, collaborates with Juicy Couture for a dazzling holiday collection. Featuring two exclusive regal Deborah Lippmann nail lacquers and four classic shades, the Deborah Lippmann and Juicy Couture collection offers chic holiday hand looks for every glamour girl.
“Just like Deborah Lippmann nail lacquer, Juicy Couture’s trendsetting style makes fashion fun—each collection has a playful twist. A collaboration between the two celebrity cult favorites just made perfect sense,” says Deborah Lippmann.
Hand Warmer Gift Set ($68.00)
Keep hands happy this winter without covering up your gorgeous nail color with limited edition Deborah Lippmann polish and Juicy Couture hand warmer sets:
- Jewel in the Crown A Juicy Couture and Deborah Lippmann shade exclusive, this shimmering pewter is made for the modern matriarch.
- Believe Inspired by the queen of onstage glam, Cher, this glimmering gold beige gets nails holiday-ready in an instant.
Precious Metals ($48.00)
- Here Comes the Queen Juicy Couture & Deborah Lippmann shade exclusive; sheer glaze infused with ultra-glam gold
- Jewel in the Crown Juicy Couture & Deborah Lippmann shade exclusive; shimmering pewter
- Believe Glimmering gold beige created with Cher
Shimmer and Shine ($48.00)
- Bring on the Bling Divine shimmer containing virgin diamond powder
- Whatever Lola Wants Sassy, sparkling lavender
- Since I Fell For You Shining shiraz
Celebrity make-up artist Troy Surratt creates delectable sliding lip gloss tins in Raspberry, Strawberry and Vanilla Shake flavors. These vibrant glosses are the perfect complement to every Holiday occasion, adding soft, sultry shine for a perfect pout.
The Troy Surratt and Juicy Couture collection includes:
Individual Sliding Lip Tin ($12.00)
- Available in raspberry, strawberry, vanilla shake
Set of 3 Sliding Lip Gloss Tins ($36.00)
- Available in raspberry, strawberry, vanilla shake
Snow Globe Charm Lip Gloss Wand ($18.00)
availability: October/November 2011
theBalm Cast Your Shadow Face Palette with The Muppets
TheBalm proudly introduces Cast Your Shadow, a face palette which takes its cues from our favorite cast of characters…The Muppets! This deluxe palette includes sixteen shadows, two creamy lip and cheek colors, and one lipstick, perfect for dramatic starlets and backstage beauties! Bring the drama with these colorful shades, or create soft, polished looks best suited for your daily director role.
The numbered, limited edition Cast Your Shadow Palette, featuring the Muppets, is a self contained makeup case. With a full face mirror included, you are ready for anything! Lips, cheeks, eyes– lights, camera, action! It includes 16 beautifully pigmented eye shadows that can be used for any occasion, 3 multipurpose creamy cheek and lip colors, and a dual-ended application brush. Limited edition — only 1,000 available.
availability: Late September/Early October 2011 @ theBalm, $44.50
P.S. — theBalm is giving away one of these palettes on Facebook!
Color Club Holiday 2011 Collection: Beyond the Mistletoe
What makes us happy: mistletoe, Santa Claus, candy canes, sparkle, having the best manicure at the company Holiday party. From New York-based Color Club, the new Beyond the Mistletoe holiday collection—bright sparkly fine glitter nail polishes that are sure to dazzle everyone on your holiday list – naughty or nice – and even those who are not. From glittery turquoise to pink and gold—each color perfectly captures the holiday spirit. Seven formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, and paraben-free shades celebrate the holiday season with names including: Sugarplum Fairy, Beyond the Mistletoe, Holiday Splendor, Jingle Jangle, Candy Cane, and Gingerbread (as shown below left to right).
- Sugarplum Fairy Lilac glitter
- Beyond the Mistletoe Turquoise glitter
- Holiday Splendor Green glitter
- Jingle Jangle Blue glitter
- Candy Cane Pink glitter
- Gingerbread Gold glitter
availability: September/October 2011, Color Club
Urban Decay Sneak Peek of the Book of Shadows Volume IV
Mark your calendars, makeup junkies! Urban Decay is celebrating the holidays a little early this year, and Sephora’s got the scoop first…
- Where: Sephora’s Times Square locale (1500 Broadway, New York, NY)
- When: Saturday, August 20th from 1pm – 7pm
- What: Urban Decay’s Eric Jimenez, Worldwide Retail Sales Director & International Make-Up Artist, is conducting makeovers and also introducing the highly coveted Book of Shadows Volume IV for an exclusive sneak peek before its holiday 2011 launch. A limited quantity of this ultra-luxe collection palette will be available for purchase ONLY at this store on Saturday on a first come first served basis. Clients will have the opportunity to sit down for a makeover consultation with Eric and his team of artists to learn tips and tricks to get the looks created especially for this palette by Creative Director and Founder, Wende Zomnir. Clients will also get an inside look at Urban Decay’s newest fall launches as Eric and his team recreate fall’s hottest runway trends. Learn a few artist tips including how to create a bright lip with Sephora’s exclusive Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color, and the perfect winged cat-eye using the Revolution Lash Curler, Lush Lash Mascara and the newest edition to the 24/7 family, 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. Also not to be forgotten is the coveted 15 Year Anniversary limited edition eyeshadow palette, a true collector’s item for any bona-fide makeup junkie.
- How: Get ready to camp out and secure your place in line to get Urban Decay’s Book of Shadows Volume IV before anyone else. PLUS, receive a free Urban Decay t-shirt or Meltdown Makeup Remover with a purchase of the Book of Shadows IV palette.
Book of Shadows Vol. IV ($64.00) (Limited Edition)
We can’t wait to turn up the volume with the highly anticipated Book of Shadows Volume IV. Complete with our smart-phone-ready ‘Get the Look’ tutorials and a pocket-sized speaker, get your beauty on to your favorite beats. Book of Shadows Vol. IV features more than ever before: a pull-out drawer showcasing 16 phenomenal shadows (10 of which are brand-new, exclusive to this collection), a full-sized version of our new 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion (blackest black), travel-sized Supercurl Curling Mascara, travel-sized Eyeshadow Primer Potion and a mirror. But it’s more than just makeup…Cross over into the virtual dimension of beauty with a portable speaker, a USB cord, audio cable, and ‘Get the Look’ QR card. A veritable Willy Wonka experience for makeup enthusiasts, BOS IV actually provides you with five strut-worthy looks via video tutorial to boot. A gift that will be sure please the eyes in more ways than one, we’ve adorned this palette with a mesmerizing, feminine laser light show and filled it with translucent, multi-colored, pop-up butterflies. This sleek little device makes the impromptu dance party a reality for all!
I’m waiting on better images & more information (shades, dates, etc.) – when I have more to share, I will!
THIS IS A SNEAK PEEK. THIS IS NOT THE FULL LAUNCH. IT WILL LAUNCH AT THE USUAL RETAILERS.
Deborah Lippmann Get This Party Started Collection
Deborah Lippmann Get This Party Started Collection
Nothing says ‘Party’ like the magnetic sparkle of glitter. So for the biggest party season of the year, I’ve created shades that truly dazzle. Get This Party Started, a set of three glitters, was inspired by the overwhelming demand for my best selling Happy Birthday, a glittery party in a bottle. The set includes Happy Birthday, along with two new variations of the sparkling shade: Forget You and Candy Shop. They’re both packed with the same unique hexagon-shaped glitter that gives Happy Birthday its magnificent glint, only Forget You has a sheer black base and Candy Shop a bubblegum pink.
I love how festive all three look and feel, whether wrapped a round a champagne glass or peeping out of a glamorous pump. But what I truly love the most: how a few coats of any shade instantly transform you into the life of the party. — Deborah Lippmann
- Happy Birthday Party in a bottle (Glitter)
- Forget You Party all night (Glitter)
- Candy Shop Bubblegum pink (Glitter)
availability: Now available at lippmanncollection.com and Nordstrom.com, $42 for the set