World AIDS Day 2009
Today is World AIDS Day. It is a day dedicated to raising awareness about HIV/AIDS, but it also remembers the people who have lost their lives to the spread of this pandemic. This year’s theme of the campaign is Respect and Protect. Learn more about the campaign, as well as HIV/AIDS at http://www.worldaidsday.org.
In support of the effort, some beauty brands have joined in to raise awareness and support the cause…
- Kiehl’s will doante 100% of net profits from each sale of Hand Care for a Cure, which is a limited edition version of its Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, to stemming the loss of life from HIV/AIDS. Kiehl’s has been committed to raising awareness of HIV/AIDS since 1996, and this year they’ve partnered with amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research.
- MAC Cosmetics is supporting World AIDS Day with a company-wide effort volunteer initiative. Hundreds of MAC artists from New York will be spending their time and sharing their skills with God’s Love We Deliver Facilities dedicated to improving those residents affected by HIV/AIDS. The New York City store will have a special one-day in-store promotion where 100% of sales for all Viva Glam Lipsticks and Lipglasses will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the MAC AIDS Fund. MAC has a year-round HIV/AIDS awareness initiative with their Viva Glam product line-up. 100% of all sales of Viva Glam Lipsticks and Lipglasses go towards fighting HIV/AIDS. MAF has raised over $150 million through the sale of the VG line.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics will be donating 100% of the selling price of their NSFW Nail Lacquer to National AIDS Education and Services for Minorities, Inc.
Estee Lauder Blacker Than Black Collection for Winter 2009
A Luxurious Collection of Rich, Intensely Saturated Black Mascaras and Sultry, Smoky Accents for Big, Bold, Dramatically Alluring Eyes.
Now beautifully bold, dramatic eyes are just a wave of the wand away. Don’t be shy, make your eyes the center of attention with Estée Lauder’s new Blacker Than Black eye collection. This unique collection features six of Estée Lauder’s most popular mascara formulas each in a richer, more concentrated, more dramatic black shade for eyes that appear bigger, bolder, more dramatic!
Because the mascara is so concentrated, it creates a contrast that defines and frames the eyes for a look that is at once highly sophisticated and utterly alluring. And, whether your look calls for lashes that are lengthened, defined, volumized, lifted, curled or a combination, you can achieve the look you want as each of these luxurious mascaras offer the same unique benefits as their original formulas, but now with the deepest, intense jet black effect.
- Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara in Blacker Black ($19.50) (Limited Edition)
- Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in Bold Black ($19.50) (Limited Edition)
- Projectionist in Jet Black ($19.50) (Limited Edition)
- TurboLash in Turbo Black ($32.00) (Limited Edition)
- More than Mascara in More Black ($19.50)
- Magnascopic in Black ($21.00)
- Black Smoke Signature Eyeshadow Quad ($35.00)
- Onyx Double Wear Eye Pencil ($19.00)
Availability: December 2009
MAC Baroque Boudoir Collection
U.S. Launch Date: November 25th, 2009 (Freestanding/PRO Stores Only)
Decadent, luxurious… Liaisons get even more Dangereuse! The vintage look of the Baroque Boudoir has inspired our special, limited edition cache of high-style collectibles for lips and face, in silverized and silk-screened packaging containing favourite bring-back luxe formulas. First, Lipstick and Lip Gloss, each in three new shades of lustrous seduction, followed with Sheer Mystery Powder in Light Medium and Medium Plus, the last word in silky finish, divinely dressed in a ravishing round compact, etched like the fine filigree of a French baroque settee. Of course, our new Boudoir Clutch will be instantly treasured. Sate your taste for something modern, yet ornate.
Baroque Boudoir Lipstick ($22.00 U.S. / $26.00 CDN)
- Prive Creamy light blue pink (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Treasured Creamy warm nude beige (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Baroque Boudoir Creamy dark plum (Cream) (Limited Edition)
Baroque Boudoir Lipgloss ($22.00 U.S. / $26.00 CDN)
- Preciousness Sheer metallic pink with white pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- The Lap of Luxury Sheer baby pink with white & pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- D’Nouveau Sheer dusty rose with light pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Baroque Boudoir Compact/Sheer Mystery Powder ($60.00 U.S. / $72.00 CDN)
- Light Medium Pale ivory (Limited Edition)
- Medium Plus Tan beige (Limited Edition)
Boudoir Clutch ($65.00 U.S. / $78.00 CDN)
- Unexpected and chic clutch with a crinkle brushed nylon fabric in black. (Limited Edition)
Availability: North America: November 25th, 2009 at all M·A·C locations, 1.800.588.0070 and www.maccosmetics.com. International: December 2009 at all M·A·C locations, 1.800.588.0070 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Temptalia has teamed up with Sephora to help promote Leslie Blodgett Perfume Diaries! Leslie Blodgett is the founder of cult-favorite brand Bare Escentuals, and Perfume Diaries is her first fragrance launch. The fragrance series consists of scents inspired by Leslie’s travels around the world. The first scent is Bare Skin, which was created to evoke memories of being on the beach.
To kick off the launch, Sephora wants you to create your own digital “perfume diaries,” for their contest. Just head over to Leslie Blodgett Perfume Diaries on Facebook for more details.
It’s bright, sunny, and there is just a few clouds breezing by in the sky. The sun is beating down, while the waves are crashing at my feet. I can feel the cool, gritty sand between my toes. There’s a soft, sweet scent of coconuts with a delectable mix of something just perfectly tropical wafting by. I hear nothing but the sounds of the water rolling in and out as it has done for day in and day out. This moment is about relaxation with none of the pressures of daily life able to intrude.
LUSH for Halloween 2009
Ohh… Halloween fun!
Pumpkin Soap ($5.95)
A spicy Jack-o’-Lantern-shaped soap, made with a blend of sweet orange juice, pumpkin puree, cinnamon powder and clove bud oil to warm you up after those tireless rounds of trick-or-treating. Stand out from your neighbors and offer trick-or-treaters a break from the Kit Kats, Tootsie Pops and Candy Corn with a Pumpkin Soap instead!
Jacko Bath Bomb ($4.95)
Jacko is a spicy concoction of cinnamon powder, ground chili and cayenne pepper to warm you up on those chilly fall nights. Fresh ginger root and cardamom oil have a warming effect on tired, sore muscles as well as the emotions, in case you’re feeling a bit eerie with the season.
Ghost Shower Gel ($16.95)
This shower gel is to die for – it contains a blend of soothing rose water, ylang ylang, jasmine, and bewitching neroli that will uplift your spirit and make showering a real out-of-this-world experience.
Cobweb Bath Bomb ($5.95)
This is a dark and mysterious cobweb-shaped bath bomb that’s shot through with silver luster – a spooky revelation for anybody in a black mood. Drop it in the tub and the water magically turns into a dark, swirling, twinkling mass, reminiscent of the Halloween night sky. Beautiful lavender is blended with calming chamomile and balancing frankincense and myrrh to create a truly bewitching bath-hour!
See more photos… Continue reading →
Upcoming MAC Cosmetics Collection for Holiday/Winter 2009
Phew, lots of stuff coming up, but be prepared to get your holiday gift gettin’ in just two weeks — October 15th will see lots of holiday collections and pieces launch.
- Magic, Mirth, & Mischief Colour Collection (October 15th, 2009)
- Magic, Mirth, & Mischief Eye/Lip Kits (October 15th, 2009)
- Magic, Mirth, & Mischief: Eye/Lip/Brush Bags (October 15th, 2009)
- Exclusive Holiday Kits/Sets (October 15th, 2009)
- Mischief Makers (November 5th, 2009)