According to Malay Mail, Grand Duos is a collection of mineralized blushes DUOS. One side will be a solid shade, while the other will have tri-colored veining (sounds like mineralize skinfinishes…!). The article states that there will be one called Moon River Blue as well as Intenso.
According to WWD, Dolce & Gabbana are really set on launching their makeup line. The line will range in price from $20 nail lacquers, $28 mascaras, $30 lipsticks, $36 eyeshadow duos, and up to $59 for foundation. The line also will have bronzers, blushes, eye/lip pencils, and lip gloss.
There will be a 110 stockkeeping units, and lipsticks with a scent are back–with a trademark rose scent. The mascara is said to have a peppery note (whattt?). As far as the packaging goes, it’s weighted glossy gold housed in velvet pouches (sounds like Guerlain). Even for those with the budgets to test out this new beauty line, distribution will only be in three places for the brand’s initial launch: La Rinascente Milan Flagship at the end of January, then Selfridges [of London] and Saks Fifth Avenue in March. As far as I read, Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC (Fifth Avenue) and Beverly Hills would see this in the spring. Saks intends to saturate other stores later this fall with D&G.
Excerpts from the article:
“We see makeup as another thing for women, like a dress. We worked on the makeup line like we work on a clothing collection — you can change makeup like you can change your clothes, depending on your mood,” Gabbana added.
[Pat] McGrath developed three looks that epitomize the line: “Lustful Lips,” inspired by a silver screen siren with dark ruby colored lips and nails; “Provocative Eyes,” a smoky eye and pale lip, and “Sensually Natural,” a pared-back look of neutral hues.
Are you dying to check out Dolce & Gabbana’s makeup line? See it as just overpriced makeup? What are your feelings on D&G’s attempt to get into beauty?
Continue reading →
Creme Cup, Shy Girl, Crosswires, Lickable
MAC Cosmetics Creamteam Collection product photos
See more images! Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Creamteam Collection
U.S. Launch Date: February 5th, 2009
- Creme Cup Light blue pink
- Shy Girl Creamy neutral coral beige
- Crosswires Clean pinky orange
- Lickable Bright clean blue pink
- Lavender Whip Light cool lavender
- Creme In Your Coffee Creamy mid-tone pink brown
- Spice Is Nice Creamy warm dark brown
- Hang-up Deep berry
- Ever So Rich Sheer Lilac
- Fashion Scoop Pale cool baby pink with light pear
- Boy Bait Light neutral beige with pearl
- Partial To Pink Light creamy yellow pink with light gold pearl
- Melt In Your Mouth Mid-tone creamy clean pink
- Petite Indulgence Mid-tone bright blue pink
- Creme Anglaise Mid-tone neutral mauve
- Looks Like Sin Sheer deep berry
- Sublime Culture Neutral pink
- Pink Treat Dirty pink
- Caramellow Neutral caramel
- Velvetella Blackened plum
Iswii.net has these fantastic images taken from an unveiling of a MAC S/S2009 show. I don’t know much else, considering I don’t know a lick of Chinese, LOL. Any translators? 😉 P.S. – It looks like a MSF from BBR is acting as a placeholder on the HK display.
So, still excited for HK? Less excited? MORE?
See five more images! Continue reading →
You read right–Barbie Loves Stila launched this morning on Sephora, and they’re now ready to be purchased by you and yours. I’ll be abstaining myself, though the Talking Palette is mighty tempting. I hope you’ll all send in photos and swatches and whathaveyou when you get yours Shop Sephora.com to purchase!
Barbie Loves Stila Talking Palette ($40.00)
Palette features four pretty in pink (and purple) wet/dry eyeshadows that create the classic Barbie eye look. The best part? It’s foolproof! It literally talks you through every step of easy application and there’s even an insert card with instructions on step-by-step makeup application, as well as information on Barbie through the decades. Palette includes shadows in cool pink shimmer (base), bright lilac with gold sparkle (lid), deep pink (crease), and dark purple with blue sparkle (liner).
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a deep blue eyeshadow with white shimmer,a matte black eyeshadow, and a luminous coral cheek color
- Lip Color in Ponytail (matte cherry red)
- Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1971 Malibu Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a soft shimmering pale pink eyeshadow, a sky blue eyeshadow with white shimmer, and a golden bronze bronzer
- Lip Glaze in Malibu (pale pinky peach)
- Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara in Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1980 Foxy Doll ($40.00)
- Sky blue eyeshadow with white shimmer (**Sephora says this, but I don’t see it in the photo!)
- Soft pale pink eyeshadowwith pink and white shimmer
- Golden bronze bronzer with gold shimmer
- Lip Glaze Malibu (pale pinky-peach)
- Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 2000 Jewel Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a tan eyeshadow with pink shimmer, a brown eyeshadow with gold and brown shimmer, and a shimmering pink cheek color
- Lip Glaze in Jewel (shimmering vivid pink)
- Multi-effect Mascara in Black