Dior Goldrush Collection — Summer Look 2008
A collection of limited edition pieces, themed by this summer’s golden trends, Goldrush is a glittering feast for the eyes in shades of sultry tan, heady corals and — yes — decadent, shimmering gold. Featuring four new shades of the recently-introduced Addict High Shine lipstick and 18-Karat versions of old favorites such as the 5-Colour Eyeshadow palette and Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss.
“Not many people realize it, but gold is the ultimate neutral, especially when it comes to makeup. It’s a color that makes everything shine — literally — and works on basically every skin tone. For a real summery look, pair a luscious gold lip with rich, shimmering eyes and cheeks,” says Dior International Celebrity Makeup Artist Pati Dubroff.
Golden Dior (Pictured above)
Inspired by the dazzling extravagance of Dior Couture baubles, this ultra-trendy limited edition medallion features an-allover golden glow highlighter for eyes, cheeks and lips encased in its jewel-shaped packaging. Adorned with champagne crystals and a chic satin ribbon, this decadent compact is part accessory, part beauty must-have. $55.00
- Lumieres Dior in Amber Sunlight (002) $55.00
- Dior Bronze Harmonie Blush in Spicy Desert (005) $42.00
- 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Golds (569) , Goldfever (589) $52.00
- 1-Colour Eyeshadow in Terra Sienna (585), Million-Dollar Gold (645) $24.50
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Beige Moire (217), Coral Lame (337), Beige Lurex (437) $24.50
- Dior Addict High Shine in Shine Pink (354), Ready-to-Gold (414), Show Coral (444), Couture Brown (614) $25.00
- Dior Vernis in Coppery Ginger (668), Gold Nugget (708) $19.00
Available April 2008 at Dior counters nationwide!
- Soleil Tan de Chanel Moisturizing Bronzing Powder ($40) in Desert Corail, Terre Epice, Terre Ambre, Desert Bronze, and Sable D’Or.
- Bronze Universel de Chanel Sun Illuminator ($45)
- Limited-Edition Collection Essentielle de Chanel ($85)
- Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow ($27.50) in Tigre (bronze), Nomade (pink rose), Khaki (khaki green), and Safari (stone brown)
- Lumières Facettes Eyeshadow Quad ($55) in Oasis (contains khaki, bronze, coral, and pink shimmer)
- Ombre D’Eau Fluid Eyeshadow ($30) in Atoll (golden sand)
- Stylo Yeaux Waterproof Eyeliner ($26.50) in Vert Bronze (green bronze) and Espresso (dark brown)
- Inimitable Waterproof Mascara ($27.50) in Emeraude (jade green)
- Glossimer Lip Gloss ($26) in Gazelle (praline pink), Pinup (frosted golden peach), and Seashell (soft, shimmery pink)
- Rouge Hydrabase Cream Lipstick ($26) in Leopard (golden coral) and Rose Flamingo (bright pink)
- Rouge Allure Satin Lip Color ($30) in Naive (pink nude) and Curious (nude brown)
- Aqualumiere Sheer Lipshine ($26) in Zanzibar (soft peach) and Mauritius (bronzed coral)
- Le Vernis ($19) in Antilope (frosted golden brown) and Flamingo (bright bubblegum pink)
See more photos… Continue reading →
It will be interesting to see how Allure Magazine does a spa!
Allure magazine plans to launch this fall a spa-oriented offshoot publication called Allure Spa. Billed as a guide to the luxury spa experience, Allure Spa will cover skin care, fitness, fashion, nutrition and lifestyle trends at destination and day spas. The magazine also will explore hotel and resort spas, as well as medi-spas, and aims to tap industry experts to present consumers with an insider point of view. Allure editor in chief Linda Wells also will be in charge of Allure Spa. Allure is owned by Condé Nast Publications, parent of WWD.
Catherine Zeta-Jones isn’t just the face of Arden, but she is a stockholder as well–but you won’t see a signature fragrance from her by Arden any time soon.
What the deal is not likely to yield, despite Arden’s prowess in the celebrity fragrance market, is a Catherine Zeta-Jones fragrance. “We’ve made a conscious decision about that, because I am the face and spokesperson for Arden,” she said. “I think we’re all in unison that if it’s not broke, why fix it.” Also, she noted about endorsements, “Things have completely changed. It used to be, if you’re an actor, why are you selling stuff? People only used to do it in Japan. But beauty is an industry that makes complete sense for an actress.”
Haven’t heard of this brand, but maybe it’s time I did!
The Thymes is leaping into the prestige beauty market this spring with the launch of Beauty of Bathing, a new brand inspired by fragrance traditions and bathing rituals from around the world. “We wanted to reinvent and modernize ancient bathing rituals for today’s women and create something that’s more high-end and luxurious,” said Amy Backman, The Thymes marketing manager. “By creating a more exclusive line, we’re raising the bar by creating a high-end bathing line.”
Looks like the trend of mineral makeup is definitely on the upswing…
Armed with its new owner’s resources, Colorescience is aiming to solidify its position as doctors’ top choice for mineral makeup.
I’m sure we have some Carmindy fans in these parts, so get ready for a partnership between Sally Hansen and Carmindy for a Natural Beauty line of makeup.
Sally Hansen is going the natural route and bringing a friend. Rather than just introduce a natural collection of cosmetics, Del Cosmetics partnered with Carmindy, the resident makeup artist on TLC’s “What Not to Wear.” Carmindy is known for her knack for highlighting women’s natural assets. Natural Beauty marks Sally Hansen’s second stab at color cosmetics â€” the brand launched the now defunct Healing Beauty line in 2003.
Thanks to Kiss and Makeup for this story update and photos:
You can choose to use the mousse or the leg oil, and there’s even a buffng brush to create a golden glow. You can choose from Medium Sheer which is a soft golden caramel with soft gold nuances or Medium Dark Sheer which is soft bronze with golden tan pearl.
Total Beauty has a contest going on where you can win a roundtrip to NYC and get a makeover with two of your pals!
1. Become a member. (It takes two seconds.)
2. Rate and review three of your favorite (or not-so-favorite) products and you’ll be entered!* Already a member? Write more reviews! More reviews will give you more chances to WIN!*
One Grand Prize winner will…
Experience NY in style! You and two of your luckiest friends will spend a weekend of luxury touring the hottest NYC beauty spots and indulging in a head-to-toe TotalBeauty.com makeover.
Your trip includes roundtrip airfare and two nights’ hotel accommodations in a girlfriend suite for three. Your TotalBeauty.com NYC makeover includes hair styling, makeup, manicure, pedicure and over $1,000 in beauty products!
Three First-Prize Winners will…
Receive an all-inclusive four-day, three-night spa resort trip for two, including airfare.
100 Runner-ups will…
Receive a $50 gift certificate to Sephora.com.
Rules & More Info
Beauty bloggers received a special offer from Darphin.com available through March 8th. Please direct your readers to the link below for additional details. Remember to click through THIS link!
Step 1: Place an order for your favorite Darphin products (offer valid on purchases of $75 or more on Darphin.com).
Step 2: Simply enter BEAUTYBLOG at checkout.
Step 3: Receive samples of 8 Flower Nectar and Hydraskin Light.
Step 4: Your order will be processed with FREE standard shipping.