This is an archival post, meant to help direct anyone looking for certain information or reviews regarding collections MAC released in 2008.
Previous 2008 Launches
- N/Colour (January) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches 2 3
- A-Mei (January) (Limited)
- Slimshines 2008 (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Lightful 2008 (February)
- Fafi for MAC (February) Promo Images, Lip Swatches, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Strobe (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Beauty Powder Blushes (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Heatherette (March) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Mineralize Foundation (February) Review
- Euristocrats (April) (International Only) Promo Images
- Dress Camp (April) Lip Swatches, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Dazzleglass (April) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Naughty Nauticals (May 1st) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Skinsheen (May 1st) Promo Images
- Neo Sci Fi (May 21st) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Future Earth (May 21st) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Solar Field (May 21st,) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Tendertones (May 29th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Summer Trend Bags (May 29th)
- Neon2 Pigments (PRO Only) Photos/Swatches, Revew
- Cool Heat (June 12th), Promo Images, Slimshine Swatches, Eyeshadow Photos/Swatches, Slimshine Photos, Review, Swatches, User Photos/Swatches
- New View (July 10th)* Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Sonic Chic! (July 10th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Electroflash (July 10th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches (Part 2)
- Colour Forms (July 18th) (Nordstrom Exclusive) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Starflash (July 31st) Promo Images, User Photos/Swatches, Product Photos, Review, Swatches,
- Lustre Twins (July 31st) Preliminary Info, Product Photos, Review, Swatches,
- Overrich (August 21st) Collection Information, Product Photos/Swatches,
- Cult of Cherry (August 21st) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches, Lip Swatches
- Emanuel Ungaro (September 25th) (Tentative information) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- Gold Fever (September 25th) (Nordstrom/The Bay Exclusive) Collection Information, Promo Images, Swatches,
- Suite Array (September 25th) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- CremeSheen (October 2nd) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos (2), Review, Swatches
- Manish Arora (October 9th) Collection Information, Review/Photos/Swatches, Swatches, Photos,
- Sheer Minerals (October 15th) Collection Information, Review, Photos (2), Swatches, Promo Images
- Mineralize (October 15th) (Permanent) Collection Information, Promo Images
- Dazzle Lash (November 6th) Collection Information, Review
- Red She Said/Holiday (October 16th/November 6th) Little Darlings, Adoring Carmine, Lip Palettes, Eyeshadow Palettes, Passions of Red Photos (2), Passions of Red Lip Swatches (2), Passions of Red Review, Passions of Red Swatches, Red She Said Photos (2), Red She Said Review, Red She Said Swatches, Adoring Carmine Review, Adoring Carmine Swatches,
- Metal Urge (November 20th) Collection Information, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- Monogram (November 27th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Lip Swatches, Product Photos (2), Review, Swatches,
- Chromaline (PRO) (December 2008) Review, Swatches, Photos
- Dame Edna (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Product Photos, Lip Swatches, Review, Swatches
- Chill (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Product Photos (2) (3), Lip Swatches, Review, Swatches
- Lash & Dash (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos
Sephora’s Genius Report on Fall Beauty Trends 2008 has some interesting information about what we should expect to see this fall!
With sultry smokey eyes, ultra thick lashes, and even brick red semi-matte lipstick, the drama queen is back. Sephora’s picks are Bare Escentuals’ Rocker Eye, Givenchy’s Phenomen’eyes, and NARS Shanghai Express.
#2: Pop Art
Bright bursts of color will be found on lids, softly blended, but still vibrant. While eyeshadow is bold, lashes are kept feathery rather than super thick and lengthy and lips a matte and neutral. Try Pop Beauty’s Lid Neon, Fresh’s Firebird, and NARS Honolulu Honey.
<#3: Perfect Complexion
When is good skin NOT in style? Sephora recommends Cosmedicine’s Speedy Recovery Acne Treatment System and Philosophy’s Never Let Them See You Shine.
#4: Scent Vacations
Fragrances that take you to different places and eras take center stage. Consider Emilio Pucci’s Vivara (green floral) or Kenzo’s Vintage Edition (unisex, reminiscent of the 70s).
#5: Metallic Sheen
Nails are going to be metallic, industrial. Look for heavy metals, matte grays, textured blacks. Check out Sephora by OPI (54 sahdes).
#6: Go HD
To perfect the skin canvas, try Make Up For Ever’s HD Foundation and HD Powder.
LUSH’S LATEST | I know we have some Lushies on Temptalia, and I love me some Lush myself. Here’s some recent happenings with the brand!
Porridge Soap ($5.95 for 1/4 lb) uses wholesome oats to help soothe your skin and scented with molasses. This product is great for those who suffer from eczema, because of oats’ soothing qualities. It’s also an exfoliator, but the bits aren’t too rough or hard.
RETRO LUSH IS HERE! This summer, when you order online, you can purchase some of your favorite discontinued LUSH products. You can give the gift of Retro ($49.95), which includes Uluru and Bon Bomb Bath Bombs, Pineapple Grunt Soap, Red Rooster Soap, Slammer Shower Gel, and Freezer Shower Gel. Or else browse the four pages of old favorites brought back. Can I just say this gift is awesome? I received it, and it’s so cute and fun to get. Bath bombs are ridiculously fun – make me feel like I’m 5 years old in the bath tub.
To celebrate the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympic Games, LUSH has picked out four products perfect for the athlete in you! These include Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar ($8.95) with cinnamon leaf oil and aduki beans; Fair Trade Foot Lotion ($19.95) to keep your feet in tip-toe condition; Demon in the Dark Soap ($8.75) with mint to help with inflammation; and Running to the Embassy Body Butter ($11.95) to help soften callusses, cracked heels, and feet.
Stila’s Rock the Vote Red Lip Color ($17.00) goes on sale today at www.stilacosmetics.com. 25% of proceeds from the first 500 sold will be donated to Rock the Vote in support of their efforts to mobilize young people to get involved in the political process. Stila will also feature a “Register to Vote” icon on their website. Even if you are not yet a registered voter, it is simple to get the process started with the click of a button. Stila says, “Going to the polls has never been so glamorous.”
Cute concept, what do you think?
Kiehl’s has recently launched these two new products to their Brightening line — Brightening Botanical Spot Treatment and Brightening Botanical Hydrating Mask.
Kiehl’s Brightening Botanical Hydrating Mask ($40.00)
- With Vitamin C, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, and White Flower Extracts
- Delivers optimal hydration and overall luminosity to skin
- Diminishes the appearance of skin discolorations by reducing the production and accumulation of melanin
- Alcohol-free formulation with the highest concentration of Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate
- Provides a calming sensorial experience
Kiehl’s Brightening Botanical Spot Treatment ($50.00)
- With Ellagic Acid, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, and White Flower Extracts
- Reduces the look of brown spots and freckles
- Visibly minimizes the appearance of discolorations
- May be used on targeted spots or all over the face
- Utilizes potent, natural ingredients
- Concentrated treatment with Ellagic Acid boosts the intensity of the Kiehl’s Bright™ regimen
What do you think? Have you tried any of Kiehl’s Brightening products?
Introducing Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15
The proven purity and healthy benefits of mineral makeup meet the exact foundation expertise of Prescriptives – introducing Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15.
- What’s in it for you? Vitamins, minerals, gems, sun protection – all helping your skin look naturally radiant and unbelievably healthy.
- What’s not in it for you? Oil, talc, fragrance, pore-clogging ingredients – all the things that may make you hesitate about wearing makeup.
- Why gems? Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup is the only mineral makeup that features R.E.C. (Radiance Emitting Crystals – a unique complex of Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Calcite). R.E.C. helps absorb light and gives skin extra radiance and luminosity. The semi-precious gems and minerals help give the makeup a luxuriously silky feel, while the energies of Calcite help give skin a soft, luminous finish as if it were “glowing from within.”
For easy application, use with Prescriptives Round Buff Brush. This short-handled brush easily grabs hold of powder foundation and effortlessly glides across your face.
- 18 shades
- Suitable for all skin types
- Sweat and humidity resistant
- Water resistant
- Dermatologist tested
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Minerals, including Calcite and Mica, and semi-precious gems, including Amethyst and Rose Quartz, provide luminosity and a lightweight feel.
- Squalane and Lecithin provide skin conditioning benefits.
- Silica helps keep skin shine-free.
- Contains antioxidant 2CME, a molecule that combines Vitamin C and E which boosts their effect.
- Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 protection.
Usage: Tap a small amount of All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15 into the lid. Swirl the Round Buff Brush in the lid and tap away excess. Apply in a circular motion:
- Start application at the outside of the cheekbone, moving toward the nose and then back.
- Continue from cheekbone downward to jawline and back.
- Follow along the side of the face, forehead and down the nose.
- Repeat for more coverage.
Availability/Pricing: Beginning July 2008 at all Prescriptives counters nationwide, www.prescriptives.com and Holt Renfrew in Canada.
- All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15 $32.50 U.S. / $42.00 Canada
- Round Buff Brush $30.00 U.S. / $38.00 Canada