Change is a sure thing, especially when it comes to a woman’s skin. But at different stages in a woman’s life, her skin needs different care. That’s why the experts at Curél Skin Care developed the Life’s Stages Collection – the first and only line of moisturizers designed to help women address the changing needs of their skin.
Stage #1 – Pregnancy & Motherhood
- Skin Problems: tight, itchy, dry, sensitive skin, stretch marks.
- Problem Solver: Curél nurturing comfort; Moisture Cream for pregnancy & motherhood
- How it Helps: Dermatologist and Curél Consultant, Dr. Diane Berson says, ” It helps improve skin’s elasticity and alleviates dryness via a paraben and mineral oil-free formula containing shea butter, Vitamin E, collagen and elastin. It increases skin’s elasticity 70% better than the leading pregnancy cream.”
Stage #2 – First Signs of Aging
- Skin Problems: rough, dry, discolored, dull, and transparent, loss of elasticity, wrinkles
- Problem Solver: Curél youth-defense; Moisture Lotion for the first signs of aging
- How it Helps: ” It replenishes essential building blocks found in naturally young, healthy skin and increases skin’s moisture level via a blend of skin hydrators, Vitamins C & E and collagen,” says OB/GYN and Curél Consultant, Dr. Miriam Greene. “It also contains sage to reduce redness and irritation.”
Stage #3 -é Menopause and Beyond
- Skin Problems: hot, dry, itchy skin, loss of elasticity
- Problem Solver: Curél skin fortifying Moisture Lotion for menopause & beyond
- How it Helps: “It helps maintain skin’s elasticity, making it soft and supple via a blend of elastin and collagen, grape seed extract known to inhibit collagen loss,” says Dr. Berson.
“It also has a gentile cooling agent and a special blend of emollients designed to increase skin elasticity, maintain hydration, and improve the appearance of dry skin,” adds Dr. Greene.
Availability: The moisturizers in the Life’s Stages Collection are each sold separately. They will be available at drugstores nationwide beginning in March 2008 for $5.49.
What do you think of this concept? I’m not sure if I’m going to try it yet, because I’m not sure if I’m in the stage of “first signs of aging,” you know? I suppose I am in some fashion, but not visibly to a degree where I feel any product could counteract it. I do like that price, though
Jason Hoffman, a principle makeup artist for Shu Uemura, created this look JUST for Temptalia readers using Shu Uemura’s REBIRTH spring collection (which is gorgeous–I am sure everyone remembers the lovely promo with the wind blown hair and vibrant green eyeshadow!). The look is called “Earth.”
Face | Matte looking skin with a subtle highlight around eye and brow with Glow On.
Eye | Rocket Eye Pencil Energy Flow: mix coral and white from lash line to crease. Rocket Eye Pencil Energy Flow: place yellow pencil in the corner of the eye. PES Sunstream: dust all over eye lightly on bottom. PES Earth Brown: blend on the outer corner of the eye close to lash line. Basic Black mascara: apply to top and lightly on bottom.
Cheek | Glow On Harmonious Orange on the cheekbones.
Lip | Rouge Unlimited Serene Pink applied to top and bottom of lips.
Get REBIRTH at www.shuuemura.com!
EURISTOCRATS | March 2008 — European Exclusive
- Barcelona Red Frosty deep coral
- Bombshell Soft bright rosy-pink with golden shimmer
- Cockney Sheer yellow red with multi dimensional pearlized pigments
- Costa Chic Frosty light coral
- Fast Play Medium neutral pink with plum-brown undertones
- Full Fuchsia Bright clean warm pink
- Going Dutch Frosty mid tone pink
See the other shades… Continue reading →
Check out MAC’s Question & Answer sessions with James Gager (SVP, Creative Director of MAC), Jennifer Balbier (SVP Product Development of MAC), and Fafi (the designer who inspired the line).
Q&A with James Gager, Senior Vice President & Creative Director MAC Worldwide
Q: How did the collaboration with FAFI develop?
A: Ironically, Fafi wasn’t in my mind when we first began.
I was working with photographer, Richard Burbridge, and we started shooting photographs of this beautiful Asian woman with a renegade spirit and style, playing with makeup, different fashion accessories, and a video camera. It really conveyed the feeling that captures the spirit of youth today in terms of dressing up, experimenting and using technology as a form of expression. I then worked with Jennifer Balbier to shape it into a spring collection, elaborating on the playful idea behind the Barbie collection, but in a way that reflects this new generation. After doing research, we came across the work of Fafi, and from there we got the idea to merge illustration with photography. We are using art as a vehicle — merging photography with animation, and then integrating it with fashion, trends, colour, and forwardness.
Q: What makes FAFI a good fit for MAC?
A: MAC has its pulse on fashion, trends, art, the youth culture and what’s happening on the streets and in the world. The Fafi collaboration embodies our connection with the world of art, and fuses MAC’s philosophy that makeup
should be about play, experimentation, and making the customer feel good and have fun. When we met with Fafi, she was this amazing, young carefree hip person who also happened to be a true artist, so the collaboration ended up being a perfect match. We’re also about All Ages, All Races and All Sexes with the Fafinette characters representing that as well.
Q: Who will FAFI appeal to?
A: Everyone. They will certainly appeal to a younger generation, but I believe the world of Fafi is one that all ages will enjoy. Everyone wants to escape into a world of fantasy and imagination, and that’s what this collection offers. Customers want to feel young, so I think it’s likely that say, a soccer mom would be as intrigued by this collection as well as a younger consumer.
Keep reading for the rest of James’ interview, plus Jennifer and Fafi’s! Continue reading →
Don’t speak! Lips in danger of all manner of delicious indiscretion, so seductive in colour, shine, staying power, everyone’s looking and listening — so be careful of what you say! Seven new Slimshine Lipstick shades in addition to 13 bring-backs for ultra-glossy conversation in lurid, living colour. Oh yes, people will talk.
- Think Tan Deep reddish brown with gold (frost)
- Assertive Rusty brown with gold pearl (frost)
- Voile Canary yellow with gold pearl (frost)
- Missy Creamy pastel coral (cream)
- Grenadine Creamy deep blue red (cream)
- Rock Out Clean bright blue pink with gold pearl (frost)
- Intimidate Creamy plummy pink (cream)
- Bare Light neutral pink with subtle gold pearl (frost)
- Pleasing Mid-tone violet with red and gold pearl (frost)
- Long Stem Rose Light baby pink with subtle gold pearl (frost)
- Scant Mid-tone dirty plum with gold pearl (frost)
- Mousse Mid-tone caramel brown (cream)
- Lovey-Dove Mid-tone terracotta with subtle bronze pearl (frost)
- Prudeaux Dark rich burgundy plum (cream)
- Ultra-Elegant Light neutral beige (cream)
- Funshine Shimmery soft apricot pink (frost)
- Urgent! Classic mid-tone red (frost)
- Cocoamour Neutral cool brown with matching pearl (frost)
- Most Wanted Intense purplish-red with metallic golden shimmer (frost)
- Gaily Soft mid-tone berry pink with pearl (frost)
Suggested Retail Price $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN. Available at stores currently, and www.maccosmetics.com.
See product photos! Continue reading →
Fafi is a French artist who conjures up the most curvaceous cuties — chick-a-boom characters that make us smile. A Fafi girl is a nymphette with a Ph.D. in passion — she’s an adventuress with a very animated love life! From Toulouse to Tokyo, the movie of her life is a rags-to-riches love story, an electric Technicolor dream in violet, coral and strawbaby anime. Find her pouting on compacts, preening on packaging, and as the cutest doll we’ve ever seen — soon to be on every MAC lover’s vanity.
- Fun ‘n’ Sexy Blue pink with blue pearl (glaze)
- Not So Innocent Sheer tan with pink and peach pearl (glaze)
- Utterly Frivolous Rosy coral with pink pearl (lustre)
- High Top Grey purple with blue pearl (glaze)
- Flash-n-Dash Intense tangerine red with pink pearl (glaze)
- Strawbaby Coral rose with rainbow pearl (lustre)
- Cult Fave Blue mid-tone pink with white pearl (frost)
- Sugar Trance Creamy soft pink with white and rainbow pearl (frost)
- Squeeze It Brassy plum (frost)
- Totally It Sheer bright pink with intense pink pearl (frost)
Fafi Eyes 1
- Howzat Deep grey with silver sparkle (satin)
- Hey Neutral tan with white pearl (veluxe pearl)
- Pink Venus Washed pink (lustre)
- Vanilla Soft pale-peachy-ivory flecked with shimmer (velvet)
Fafi Eyes 2
- Bold as Gold Yellow gold with gold pearl (lustre)
- You’re Fresh Pale green with silver sparkle (lustre)
- Shockwave Intense orange with silver sparkle (velvet)
- Prankster Muted dark blue (satin)
- Nice Vice Dirty purple with purple pearl (frost)
- Girl Friendly Creamy grey pink (cream)
- Layin’ Low Creamy beige (cream)
- Cash Flow Green gold with gold pearl (frost)
- Perky Cream coral with white pearl (satin)
- Rollickin’ Aqua blue green with white pearl (frost)
- Blacktrack Solid flat black
- Smolder Intense black
- Fascinating Snake-eyes matte white
- Hipness Intense coral with soft white pearl
- Fashion Frenzy Mid-tone blue pink
IRIDESCENT PRESSED POWDER
- Sassed-up Soft coral pink with gold sparkle
- Verve-acaious Intense yellow gold with gold pearl
- Belightful Gilded peach bronze
- Girls Will Be Girls Pink with coral pearl
- Boom! Rich eggplant with purple pearl
- 210 Precise Eye Liner Firm, extra-fine tip brush for precision lining with emollient or water-based products. Replacement to old MAC 210 Eye Liner Brush.
- 129SH Powder/Blush (with decorated pouch) Soft natural fluffed dome Brush for application of powder products on cheeks and face. In a special decorated Fafi-themed pouch.
- 208 Angled Brow Brush Firm, angled tip Brush for precision application of brow and eye-lining product.
- 182 Buffer Brush Ultra-soft, large, rounded dome tip Brush for use with powder face and cheek product.
Available February 13th, 2008 in most US and Canada locations, as well as www.maccosmetics.com.
Check out a TON more photos! Continue reading →