Total Beauty has a contest going on where you can win a roundtrip to NYC and get a makeover with two of your pals!
1. Become a member. (It takes two seconds.)
2. Rate and review three of your favorite (or not-so-favorite) products and you’ll be entered!* Already a member? Write more reviews! More reviews will give you more chances to WIN!*
One Grand Prize winner will…
Experience NY in style! You and two of your luckiest friends will spend a weekend of luxury touring the hottest NYC beauty spots and indulging in a head-to-toe TotalBeauty.com makeover.
Your trip includes roundtrip airfare and two nights’ hotel accommodations in a girlfriend suite for three. Your TotalBeauty.com NYC makeover includes hair styling, makeup, manicure, pedicure and over $1,000 in beauty products!
Three First-Prize Winners will…
Receive an all-inclusive four-day, three-night spa resort trip for two, including airfare.
100 Runner-ups will…
Receive a $50 gift certificate to Sephora.com.
Rules & More Info
Beauty bloggers received a special offer from Darphin.com available through March 8th. Please direct your readers to the link below for additional details. Remember to click through THIS link!
Step 1: Place an order for your favorite Darphin products (offer valid on purchases of $75 or more on Darphin.com).
Step 2: Simply enter BEAUTYBLOG at checkout.
Step 3: Receive samples of 8 Flower Nectar and Hydraskin Light.
Step 4: Your order will be processed with FREE standard shipping.
Oooh, who doesn’t get intrigued when MUFE comes out with more color products? Known for their incredibly pigmented products, I, for one, am quite interested! Plus, their lashes are amazing!
Paris-based professional makeup brand Make Up For Ever is about to embark on an eye campaign called Lash Pimpin’, which aims to lengthen lashes and also offer highly pigmented eye makeup to the masses.
Faux Lashes, the lash part of the company’s mission, offers 55 lashes in different shapes and lengths, which are intended to fill out sparse lashes. They are handmade from nylon and come with a special adhesive. Each lash is reusable.
The color part of the campaign is Flash Color, which until now was only available to professionals. The creamy, easy-to-blend color pots are available in 24 shades. Both Faux Lashes and Flash Color are available beginning this month on sephora.com, as well as in Sephora, for $14 and $17, respectively.
Love yourself some JT? Make your man smell like the fragrance he is endorsing for Givenchy! Although, the fact that he wasn’t involved in development, and only “approved” it via a final sniff test makes me a little disappointed. Love Givenchy, so I’m not worried it won’t smell good, but I wish he’d have a bigger part in it than just putting his face out there!
Parfums Givenchy plans to bring sexy back to its scent portfolio by tapping Justin Timberlake to front a men’s fragrance, which will bow in the fall.
Have you tried any Korres products? I haven’t, can you believe it?
Korres Natural Products is gearing up to expand its color collection, which was introduced in October at its Manhattan store, to some 22 Sephora stores. The Korres Color Collection launched on sephora.com late last year, doubling sales, according to the company. In keeping with Korres’ homeopathic heritage, formulas contain Greek flora herbs and herbs said to have pharmaceutical properties, and food and natural ingredients. The products are also free of petroleum derivatives and propylene glycol. The collection ranges from lip butters and glosses to foundation and color.
Congrats to Clinique! We told you about their QVC debut last Sunday, and I hope some of you managed to tune in!
Clinique’s latest offerings, which were launched on QVC on Sunday, marked the largest such two-hour beauty event in the channel’s 21-year history. More than 41,000 units were ordered and six products sold out. Allen Burke, director of beauty merchandising for QVC, said, “Sunday’s debut exceeded all of our expectations and represented a landmark event in the beauty industry.”
Check out MAC’s Question & Answer sessions with James Gager (SVP, Creative Director of MAC), Jennifer Balbier (SVP Product Development of MAC), and Fafi (the designer who inspired the line).
Q&A with James Gager, Senior Vice President & Creative Director MAC Worldwide
Q: How did the collaboration with FAFI develop?
A: Ironically, Fafi wasn’t in my mind when we first began.
I was working with photographer, Richard Burbridge, and we started shooting photographs of this beautiful Asian woman with a renegade spirit and style, playing with makeup, different fashion accessories, and a video camera. It really conveyed the feeling that captures the spirit of youth today in terms of dressing up, experimenting and using technology as a form of expression. I then worked with Jennifer Balbier to shape it into a spring collection, elaborating on the playful idea behind the Barbie collection, but in a way that reflects this new generation. After doing research, we came across the work of Fafi, and from there we got the idea to merge illustration with photography. We are using art as a vehicle — merging photography with animation, and then integrating it with fashion, trends, colour, and forwardness.
Q: What makes FAFI a good fit for MAC?
A: MAC has its pulse on fashion, trends, art, the youth culture and what’s happening on the streets and in the world. The Fafi collaboration embodies our connection with the world of art, and fuses MAC’s philosophy that makeup
should be about play, experimentation, and making the customer feel good and have fun. When we met with Fafi, she was this amazing, young carefree hip person who also happened to be a true artist, so the collaboration ended up being a perfect match. We’re also about All Ages, All Races and All Sexes with the Fafinette characters representing that as well.
Q: Who will FAFI appeal to?
A: Everyone. They will certainly appeal to a younger generation, but I believe the world of Fafi is one that all ages will enjoy. Everyone wants to escape into a world of fantasy and imagination, and that’s what this collection offers. Customers want to feel young, so I think it’s likely that say, a soccer mom would be as intrigued by this collection as well as a younger consumer.
Keep reading for the rest of James’ interview, plus Jennifer and Fafi’s! Continue reading →
Don’t speak! Lips in danger of all manner of delicious indiscretion, so seductive in colour, shine, staying power, everyone’s looking and listening — so be careful of what you say! Seven new Slimshine Lipstick shades in addition to 13 bring-backs for ultra-glossy conversation in lurid, living colour. Oh yes, people will talk.
- Think Tan Deep reddish brown with gold (frost)
- Assertive Rusty brown with gold pearl (frost)
- Voile Canary yellow with gold pearl (frost)
- Missy Creamy pastel coral (cream)
- Grenadine Creamy deep blue red (cream)
- Rock Out Clean bright blue pink with gold pearl (frost)
- Intimidate Creamy plummy pink (cream)
- Bare Light neutral pink with subtle gold pearl (frost)
- Pleasing Mid-tone violet with red and gold pearl (frost)
- Long Stem Rose Light baby pink with subtle gold pearl (frost)
- Scant Mid-tone dirty plum with gold pearl (frost)
- Mousse Mid-tone caramel brown (cream)
- Lovey-Dove Mid-tone terracotta with subtle bronze pearl (frost)
- Prudeaux Dark rich burgundy plum (cream)
- Ultra-Elegant Light neutral beige (cream)
- Funshine Shimmery soft apricot pink (frost)
- Urgent! Classic mid-tone red (frost)
- Cocoamour Neutral cool brown with matching pearl (frost)
- Most Wanted Intense purplish-red with metallic golden shimmer (frost)
- Gaily Soft mid-tone berry pink with pearl (frost)
Suggested Retail Price $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN. Available at stores currently, and www.maccosmetics.com.
See product photos! Continue reading →
Fafi is a French artist who conjures up the most curvaceous cuties — chick-a-boom characters that make us smile. A Fafi girl is a nymphette with a Ph.D. in passion — she’s an adventuress with a very animated love life! From Toulouse to Tokyo, the movie of her life is a rags-to-riches love story, an electric Technicolor dream in violet, coral and strawbaby anime. Find her pouting on compacts, preening on packaging, and as the cutest doll we’ve ever seen — soon to be on every MAC lover’s vanity.
- Fun ‘n’ Sexy Blue pink with blue pearl (glaze)
- Not So Innocent Sheer tan with pink and peach pearl (glaze)
- Utterly Frivolous Rosy coral with pink pearl (lustre)
- High Top Grey purple with blue pearl (glaze)
- Flash-n-Dash Intense tangerine red with pink pearl (glaze)
- Strawbaby Coral rose with rainbow pearl (lustre)
- Cult Fave Blue mid-tone pink with white pearl (frost)
- Sugar Trance Creamy soft pink with white and rainbow pearl (frost)
- Squeeze It Brassy plum (frost)
- Totally It Sheer bright pink with intense pink pearl (frost)
Fafi Eyes 1
- Howzat Deep grey with silver sparkle (satin)
- Hey Neutral tan with white pearl (veluxe pearl)
- Pink Venus Washed pink (lustre)
- Vanilla Soft pale-peachy-ivory flecked with shimmer (velvet)
Fafi Eyes 2
- Bold as Gold Yellow gold with gold pearl (lustre)
- You’re Fresh Pale green with silver sparkle (lustre)
- Shockwave Intense orange with silver sparkle (velvet)
- Prankster Muted dark blue (satin)
- Nice Vice Dirty purple with purple pearl (frost)
- Girl Friendly Creamy grey pink (cream)
- Layin’ Low Creamy beige (cream)
- Cash Flow Green gold with gold pearl (frost)
- Perky Cream coral with white pearl (satin)
- Rollickin’ Aqua blue green with white pearl (frost)
- Blacktrack Solid flat black
- Smolder Intense black
- Fascinating Snake-eyes matte white
- Hipness Intense coral with soft white pearl
- Fashion Frenzy Mid-tone blue pink
IRIDESCENT PRESSED POWDER
- Sassed-up Soft coral pink with gold sparkle
- Verve-acaious Intense yellow gold with gold pearl
- Belightful Gilded peach bronze
- Girls Will Be Girls Pink with coral pearl
- Boom! Rich eggplant with purple pearl
- 210 Precise Eye Liner Firm, extra-fine tip brush for precision lining with emollient or water-based products. Replacement to old MAC 210 Eye Liner Brush.
- 129SH Powder/Blush (with decorated pouch) Soft natural fluffed dome Brush for application of powder products on cheeks and face. In a special decorated Fafi-themed pouch.
- 208 Angled Brow Brush Firm, angled tip Brush for precision application of brow and eye-lining product.
- 182 Buffer Brush Ultra-soft, large, rounded dome tip Brush for use with powder face and cheek product.
Available February 13th, 2008 in most US and Canada locations, as well as www.maccosmetics.com.
Check out a TON more photos! Continue reading →