This is an archival post, meant to help direct anyone looking for certain information or reviews regarding collections MAC released in 2008.
Previous 2008 Launches
- N/Colour (January) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches 2 3
- A-Mei (January) (Limited)
- Slimshines 2008 (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Lightful 2008 (February)
- Fafi for MAC (February) Promo Images, Lip Swatches, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Strobe (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Beauty Powder Blushes (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Heatherette (March) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Mineralize Foundation (February) Review
- Euristocrats (April) (International Only) Promo Images
- Dress Camp (April) Lip Swatches, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Dazzleglass (April) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Naughty Nauticals (May 1st) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Skinsheen (May 1st) Promo Images
- Neo Sci Fi (May 21st) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Future Earth (May 21st) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Solar Field (May 21st,) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Tendertones (May 29th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Summer Trend Bags (May 29th)
- Neon2 Pigments (PRO Only) Photos/Swatches, Revew
- Cool Heat (June 12th), Promo Images, Slimshine Swatches, Eyeshadow Photos/Swatches, Slimshine Photos, Review, Swatches, User Photos/Swatches
- New View (July 10th)* Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Sonic Chic! (July 10th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Electroflash (July 10th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches (Part 2)
- Colour Forms (July 18th) (Nordstrom Exclusive) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Starflash (July 31st) Promo Images, User Photos/Swatches, Product Photos, Review, Swatches,
- Lustre Twins (July 31st) Preliminary Info, Product Photos, Review, Swatches,
- Overrich (August 21st) Collection Information, Product Photos/Swatches,
- Cult of Cherry (August 21st) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches, Lip Swatches
- Emanuel Ungaro (September 25th) (Tentative information) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- Gold Fever (September 25th) (Nordstrom/The Bay Exclusive) Collection Information, Promo Images, Swatches,
- Suite Array (September 25th) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- CremeSheen (October 2nd) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos (2), Review, Swatches
- Manish Arora (October 9th) Collection Information, Review/Photos/Swatches, Swatches, Photos,
- Sheer Minerals (October 15th) Collection Information, Review, Photos (2), Swatches, Promo Images
- Mineralize (October 15th) (Permanent) Collection Information, Promo Images
- Dazzle Lash (November 6th) Collection Information, Review
- Red She Said/Holiday (October 16th/November 6th) Little Darlings, Adoring Carmine, Lip Palettes, Eyeshadow Palettes, Passions of Red Photos (2), Passions of Red Lip Swatches (2), Passions of Red Review, Passions of Red Swatches, Red She Said Photos (2), Red She Said Review, Red She Said Swatches, Adoring Carmine Review, Adoring Carmine Swatches,
- Metal Urge (November 20th) Collection Information, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- Monogram (November 27th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Lip Swatches, Product Photos (2), Review, Swatches,
- Chromaline (PRO) (December 2008) Review, Swatches, Photos
- Dame Edna (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Product Photos, Lip Swatches, Review, Swatches
- Chill (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Product Photos (2) (3), Lip Swatches, Review, Swatches
- Lash & Dash (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos
What were YOUR favorites from the holiday launches? Which collections did you buy from? Which ones were totally not interesting?
I found myself getting things from… Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Clinique, Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain, Jouer, Laura Mercier, Lush, MAC, NARS, Prescriptives, Sue Devitt, and Urban Decay. WHEW! I didn’t even realize how much holiday loot I ended up with this year! Hopefully a few of you had a plentiful holiday collection haulin’ so I won’t feel so alone
When you’re doing your holiday shopping, one thing to look out for are gift with purchase opportunities! I’m not always a fan of GWPs/PWPs for myself, but I think they are awesome gifts to give! With a $36 Lancome purchase, you can pick up this humongous gift set for $49.50.
Rest easy, lovelies, this set is just filled to the brim with goodies. It’s well worth the $49.50, because you get a full sizes of Bi-Facil ($26), two Le Rouge Absolu LipColours ($29 each), Color Design Lipcolor ($22), Color Fever Lip Shine ($25), and Defincils Pro Mascara ($24). That’s $155 in full-size products alone, plus you get a bunch of mini and sample sizes, too. Try out their famous Juicy Tubes and Bi-Facil (love, love, love!) in a holiday train case.
Holiday Beauty Box Includes:
Définicils Pro Curved Brush Mascara [Full-Size] in Black
Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base
Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer in Correcteur
Two Le Rouge Absolu Reshaping & Replenishing LipColours [Full-Size] in Coquette and Ruby Silk
Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor [Full-Size] in Work It!
Color Fever Shine Sensual Sheer Color – Vibrant Lip Shine [Full-Size] in Boiling Point
Juicy Tubes Jelly Lip Gloss in Magic Spell
Juicy Tubes Smoothie Lip Gloss in Spring Fling
Color Design Sensational Effects 7 Eye Shadow Compact in Creme Lustre, Kitten Heel, Guest List, Filigree, Mochaccino, Bikini Golden and Designer
Blush Subtil Powder Blush Duo in Aplum and Miel Glace
Bi-Facil Eye Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover [Full-Size]
Rénergie Microlift R.A.R.E.™ Superior Lifting Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen
3-Piece Brush Set
Lancôme Signature Train Case
Get it: Lancome Holiday Beauty Box.
LUSH always has a lot to offer for the holiday season! Last week, I mentioned how great their all wrapped up holiday gifts were, because they were filled with awesome products and easy to give (and receive!). Now, let me tell you about just a few of my favorites that they’re offering this year that you can buy one at a time… or you know, ten at a time You’ll notice the price points for most of the products are under $10 and dominated by bubble bars and bombs. These kind of lend themselves to the stocking stuffers category (guess what everyone I know is getting?!), but they’re also easy gifts to give to casual friends.
I picked up A Gold Star Bubble Bar, Holiday Bubble Bar (so pretty!), LUSH Pud Bath Bomb (x2), Snow Fairy Shower Gel, Snowcake Soap (x2), and Let Them Eat Cake Lip Balm. But I’m pretty sure I’ll be going back for more soon enough! My only disappointment with their holiday offerings is their Jingle Jelly didn’t make a reappearance. I really LOVED that scent. Smelled exactly like Christmas to me.
- Holiday Bubble Bars/Bombs: A Gold Star Bubble Bar ($6.25), Candy Cane Bubble Bar ($6.95), Chocolate Santa Bath Bomb ($6.95), Christmas Kisses Bubble Bar ($6.95), Christmas Morning Bubble Bar ($5.95), Christmas Party Bath Bomb ($5.95), Frothy the Snowman Bubble Bar ($5.95), Holiday Bubble Bar ($6.95), Humango Bath Bomb ($14.95), LUSH Pud Bath Bomb ($5.50), Magic Bath Bomb ($6.95), Marzibain Bubble Bar ($5.95), Mr. Butterball Bath Bomb ($3.95), Snowdrops Bath Bomb ($6.25), Twinkle Star Bath Bomb ($5.75)
- Holiday Soaps: Angel’s Delight Soap ($5.95), Christmas Cake Soap ($6.95), Snowcake Soap ($6.95)
- More for Holiday: Double Fast Luck Emotibomb ($3.95), Gold Frankincense & Beer Shower Jelly ($5.50), Let Them Eat Cake Lip Balm ($8.95), Snow Fairy Shower Gel ($13.95), Snow Showers Solid Perfume ($11.95), Strawberry Santa Shower Jelly ($7.25)
Visit www.lush.com! And you know what’s awesome about LUSH? They’re carried in SO many different parts of the world.
LUSH knows how to make gift giving so easy. First, I adore, adore, ADORE Lush products. I especially love the holiday season, because I can easily put these on my Christmas list, but there are so many to choose from, I can find one to suit all the recipients on my list, too. Of course, I do have a tendency to put more for me than others in my cart… Here are just five lovely gifts to give and receive–but be sure to head over to LUSH and check out their eighteen different boxed sets!
Charity Box Gift ($59.95) Tis the season of goodwill, so give to those less fortunate than yourselves with this yuletide gift featuring Charity Pot hand and body lotion and we will take the $20.95 it costs (excluding taxes) and give it to charities working in environmental, conservation, and animal welfare. The gift also contains Nutts massage bar and Fair Trade Foot Lotion, both made with Fair Trade and organic cocoa butter we source from a project in the Dominican Republic. Olive Branch shower gel, made with Fair Trade olive oil, and finally, Karma soap, simply because by buying this gift and supporting worthy causes you will get some amazingly good karma!
All Holiday Gift Sets are available at LUSH.com!
See four more spotlighted gift sets… Continue reading →
Dany Sanz Limited Edition Palette ($390.00) ($640.00 Value)
Make Up For Ever Dany Sanz Limited Edition Palette is a blockbuster-sized palette containing 30 eyeshadows and blushes picked out by Dany Sanz herself. The 30 shades of long-lasting, high-pigmented eyeshadows and blushes allow you to create every look in the book.
Only 100 available, and with the Friends & Family Sale going on? Who knows when this might be gone! Talk about one fabulous stocking stuffer for some lucky ladies (gents?) Get yours at Sephora.com.