- Amazon — $8.62 off any $50+ order with code BIGTHANKS, ends 2/22.
- Space NK — Spend $250 and receive 33 beauty essentials ($400 value! see everything included here) with code SPRING17, ends 2/26.
- Ulta — Platinum perk! Check your monthly Ultimate Rewards statement for a 20% off entire purchase coupon, ends 2/25.
DIOR | Fall 2008 | IMPRESSION CUIR
For Dior’s Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear collection, designer John Galliano imagined a refined sensuality accentuated by precious python and ostrich skins, fox fur, and crocodile skin patterns. Now comes Dior’s most exotic color collection yet: Impression Cuir, which channels the luxury of animal-inspired patterns and textures and features rich, romantic shades of burgundy, plum, and copper.
- Impression Cuir Eye palette ($55.00)
- 2-Colour Eyeshadow in Bronzy Look #695 and Silver Look #775 ($35.00)
- DiorSkin Poudre Shimmer in Copper Diamond #003 ($42.00)
- DiorBlush in Pink Copper #739 ($38.00)
- 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Earth Tones #673 and Iridescent Leather #539 ($54.00)
- Crayon Eyeliner in Iridescent Khaki #363 ($25.00)
- Creme de Gloss in Creamy Burgundy #735 and Delicious Plum #875 ($25.50)
- Rouge Dior in Western Beige #423, PinK Drama #559, Fantastic Plum #874, Fiction Brown #619 ($27.00)
- Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Lace Beige #587 and Lurex Plum #877 ($24.50)
- Dior Contour in Mythical Brown #713 and Mysterious Plum #988 ($25.00)
- Dior Vernis in Red Ebony #827 and Mystic Violine #987 (Sephora exclusive) ($19.00)
Available: Fall 2008 at Dior Beauty Counters Nationwide
See more photos…
DARING | FALL 2008 | PRESCRIPTIVES
This fall, dare to go soft and neutral or alluring and dramatic with Prescriptives’ Fall 2008 Color Collection. Daring, a textured on-trend color collection of sapphire and amethyst jewel tones, features an intriguing range of shades. Eyes take the spotlight with warm browns, rich sapphire and amethyst tones. Cheeks are natural in soft shades of cherry and pink. Lips are muted in subtle tones of champagne and rose. Show us what your Daring looks like – the choice is yours.
Fall Dimensions Eye Color Quad (Limited Edition) ($42.00)
This specially designed multi-dimensional compact is available in each of Prescriptives’ four Color Families. These pre-filled palettes contain a selection of trendy shades to create a natural, intensified or dramatic look. Each shadow is embossed with a unique design.
- Silver Lining, Purple Haze, Buttermilk, Brownie (Y/O)
- Cobalt, Pongee, Relic, Malt Sparkle (R/O)
- Orchid, Chiffon, Plum Smoke, Fig (R)
- Sparkling Rosé, NEW Blue Moon, NEW Black Tea, Rose Powder (B/R)
See what else is coming up at Prescriptives!
What’s with all the buzz on mascara? I recently received Spinlash to try out, which I have yet to test (but now I think I better try this stuff ASAP). Today, WWD tells the industry that Estee Lauder is releasing a vibrating mascara, TurboLash ($30.00), July 17th as a Saks 5th Exclusive, but will roll out across the US in December. (And both L’Oreal and P&G seem to have their own in the works!)
The cosmetics giant is set to release TurboLash All Effects Motion Mascara, which the brand is touting as the world’s first battery-operated, vibrating, all-effects mascara. It will be launched on July 17 as a Saks Fifth Avenue exclusive.
“There is a relationship between vibration, length, volume, separation and curl,” said Elana Drell-Szyfer, senior vice president of global marketing for Estée Lauder.
“Together, they deliver an unbelievably enhanced first to market product, which we feel is revolutionary.” — WWD
But wait, that’s not all! Lancome’s Oscillation debuts this fall, and yes, the brush–it oscillates!
Lancôme’s Oscillation mascara also is billed as revolutionary by company executives, thanks to its brush that (as the product name suggests) oscillates.
Jean-Louis Guéret, creator of mascara brushes for Lancôme, said he came up with the idea for Oscillation after watching makeup artists at work. While applying mascara, their hands move in a zigzag pattern. So to best emulate the movement, Guéret explained, he conceived a flexible, polymer-based mascara brush that vibrates along its longitude at 7,000 micro-oscillations a second. Getting the battery-powered movement started takes simply pressing lightly on an area of the mascara’s outer tube, which turns on a 3-centimeter motor.
Guéret said that, as the mascara brush vibrates against eyelashes, they become “organized” and evenly coated with a mascara formula conceived with ultrafine particles specifically for the product, which also extends, curls, shapes and makes lashes seem thicker. He claims Oscillation’s Ultrafine Dispersion technology allows mascara to glide easily onto lashes and for rapid application. — WWD
Spinning, vibrating, oscillating mascaras? What do you think? Are you curious about the new technology? A bit fearful of something vibrating coming near your eyes? Will you be picking one, two, or all three of the latest in makeup technology?
Guerlain Autumn/Fall 2008 | Jeu de Dames
Jeu De Dames Colour Play Lip Palette (limited edition) $68
Ombre Éclat — 4 Shades Eyeshadow (limited edition) $57
- 401 Jeu de Nuit
- 402 Jeu de Nacres
KissKiss Extreme High Fidelity Colour — Velvet Finish $29
- 120 Rouge Infini
- 141 A Jamais Brun
- 121 Orange Encore
- 160 Plus Que jamais Rose
- 140 Beige Sans Fin
- 161 Rose Éternel
KissKiss Lipstick $29
- 532 Orange Mamb
- 556 Brun Jazzy
- 555 Beige Groove
- 578 Rose Salsa
KissKiss Laque High Colour — Lacquer Finish $29
- 722 Rouge Pin-Up
- 744 Beige Star
Blush 4 Éclats Sculpting Blush $48
- 01 Tendre Aurore
- 02 Soleil Couchant
- 03 Lueur D’Automne
- 04 Rosee Du Printemps
- 05 Rose Plein Vent
- 06 Nuit D’ete
Available: August 2008 at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom.
Learn more about the inspiration behind this launch, as well as see soem product photos!
2008 autumn-winter collection by Nicolas Degennes
- Pocket Beauty Case Accessory for Glowing Lips and Cheeks $55 (Sweet Dandy)
- Prisme Again! Shimmer Eyes Mat & Shimmering Eyeshadow Quartet $49.50 in 43 Smoky Shimmer and 44 Precious Shimmer
- Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation $63 in 73 Dandy Beige
- Captiv’Eyes Intense Volume Mascara Magnetic Eyes $25 in 6 Dandy Black
- Magic Khôl Eye Liner Pencil $21.50 in 14 Dandy Blue
- Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick Irresistible Color $26.50 in 37 Romantic Dandy and 38 Fatal Dandy
- Pop Gloss Crystal Crystal Lip Gloss $23.50 in 441 Romantic Dandy and 442 Fatal Dandy
Available: August 2008 at Sephora and Sephora.com.
Hear from Degennes on his inspiration for this fall’s launch, plus plenty of lemming-inspiring photos!