This is an archival post, meant to help direct anyone looking for certain information or reviews regarding collections MAC released in 2008.
Previous 2008 Launches
- N/Colour (January) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches 2 3
- A-Mei (January) (Limited)
- Slimshines 2008 (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Lightful 2008 (February)
- Fafi for MAC (February) Promo Images, Lip Swatches, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Strobe (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Beauty Powder Blushes (February) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Heatherette (March) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Mineralize Foundation (February) Review
- Euristocrats (April) (International Only) Promo Images
- Dress Camp (April) Lip Swatches, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Dazzleglass (April) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Naughty Nauticals (May 1st) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Skinsheen (May 1st) Promo Images
- Neo Sci Fi (May 21st) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Future Earth (May 21st) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Solar Field (May 21st,) Photos/Swatches, Review
- Tendertones (May 29th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Summer Trend Bags (May 29th)
- Neon2 Pigments (PRO Only) Photos/Swatches, Revew
- Cool Heat (June 12th), Promo Images, Slimshine Swatches, Eyeshadow Photos/Swatches, Slimshine Photos, Review, Swatches, User Photos/Swatches
- New View (July 10th)* Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Sonic Chic! (July 10th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches
- Electroflash (July 10th) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review, User Photos/Swatches (Part 2)
- Colour Forms (July 18th) (Nordstrom Exclusive) Promo Images, Photos/Swatches, Review
- Starflash (July 31st) Promo Images, User Photos/Swatches, Product Photos, Review, Swatches,
- Lustre Twins (July 31st) Preliminary Info, Product Photos, Review, Swatches,
- Overrich (August 21st) Collection Information, Product Photos/Swatches,
- Cult of Cherry (August 21st) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches, Lip Swatches
- Emanuel Ungaro (September 25th) (Tentative information) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- Gold Fever (September 25th) (Nordstrom/The Bay Exclusive) Collection Information, Promo Images, Swatches,
- Suite Array (September 25th) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- CremeSheen (October 2nd) Collection Information, Promo Images, Product Photos (2), Review, Swatches
- Manish Arora (October 9th) Collection Information, Review/Photos/Swatches, Swatches, Photos,
- Sheer Minerals (October 15th) Collection Information, Review, Photos (2), Swatches, Promo Images
- Mineralize (October 15th) (Permanent) Collection Information, Promo Images
- Dazzle Lash (November 6th) Collection Information, Review
- Red She Said/Holiday (October 16th/November 6th) Little Darlings, Adoring Carmine, Lip Palettes, Eyeshadow Palettes, Passions of Red Photos (2), Passions of Red Lip Swatches (2), Passions of Red Review, Passions of Red Swatches, Red She Said Photos (2), Red She Said Review, Red She Said Swatches, Adoring Carmine Review, Adoring Carmine Swatches,
- Metal Urge (November 20th) Collection Information, Product Photos, Review, Swatches
- Monogram (November 27th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Lip Swatches, Product Photos (2), Review, Swatches,
- Chromaline (PRO) (December 2008) Review, Swatches, Photos
- Dame Edna (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Product Photos, Lip Swatches, Review, Swatches
- Chill (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos, Product Photos (2) (3), Lip Swatches, Review, Swatches
- Lash & Dash (December 26th) Collection Information, Official Photos
In honor of World Vegan Day, which is today (November 1st), 824 LUSH employees from North America will go vegan to support their vegan customers. 76% of LUSH products are suitable for vegan and labeled so. If you head down to your local LUSH today (and I’m actually making a little detour there today), you might see shop assistants dressed up as giant vegetables. Other stores will have vegan samples available for customers to try.
“LUSH has always attracted people looking for a workplace that doesn’t clash with their ethical life choices, so we have a high number of vegetarians, vegans and environmentalists working here and we see a huge number of ethical customers coming through our doors every day,” says Brandi Halls, LUSH’s (vegan) Communications Manager. “It is great that our work colleagues are willing to join us for a day of being vegan. By walking a mile in a vegan’s (non-leather) shoes, LUSH employees will get a great insight into what veganism is all about.”
Do we have any vegan readers? How does being vegan change your beauty habits?
I know, I know… Halloween is just a few days away, but there’s still time for Lush’s spooky offerings!
PUMPKIN soap (Online) sold by weight, $4.95 / lb
A lovely creamy pumpkin scented soap, also containing sweet wild orange, lime, mandarin and spice cinnamon. Shaped like an actual pumpkin, this soap is only around for Halloween; you could even carve faces and create your very own LUSH Jack-o’-Lantern!
MAGIC bath bomb $6.95
Abracadabra! This ‘hex’-agonal bath treat contains a good luck spell, to break runs of bad luck. The outer shell of this bath bomb is a turquoise color and a blend of marjoram oil and rose absolute.
THE WITCHES’ BALL bubble bar $5.95
This witches’ blend of herbs will work to clear any barriers or blocks in life, especially in relationships and creativity.
A GOLD STAR bubble bar $6.25
This congratulatory bath treat is for those who deserve a pat on the back, as there’s a bewitching blend of solar oils to create a ‘well done’ spell.
GHOST shower gel $16.95 250 ml
This shower gel is to die for – it contains a blend of fresh, natural ingredients and essential oils that will uplift your spirit and make showering a real out-of-this-world experience.
SPELLBOUND gift $27.95
This gift box contains a selection of LUSH’s magical products so you can cast a fascinating spell of your own this Halloween. Contains Magic bath bomb, Jingle Spells bath bomb, Witches Ball bubble bar, and Pumpkin soap.
SUPERNATURAL gift $59.95
There’s the new Witches’ Ball bubble bar; Ceridwen’s Cauldron luxury bath melt; Tisty Tosty bath bomb, a love spell with 7 rose buds; Butterball bath bomb; Therapy massage bar; Figs and Leaves soap; and Aqua Mirabilis skin conditioner.
More photos! Continue reading →
Introducing Clinique Medical
Allergan (global medical aesthetics company) and Clinique have come together and developed Clinique Medical. This skin care line is “scientifically-designed and clinically-proven to complement select in-office cosmetic procedures and available only through skin care physicians’ offices.” The Clinique Medical Optimizing Regimen Kit is a skin care system helps improve the skin’s receptivity to the benefits of selected procedures such as laser skin resurfacing (e.g. IPL treatments), chemical peels such as 30% TCA peels and microdermabrasion.
“Clinique has always been on the cutting-edge of breakthrough science and skin care technology,” said Lynne Greene, Global President, Clinique Laboratories. “We are proud that we can meet the modern and discerning consumer’s unprecedented needs in our innovative way. Our collaboration with Allergan puts CLINIQUE MEDICAL in an ideal position to provide best-in-class professional skin care to both physicians and consumers alike.”
Probiotic Cleanser (Pre/Post-Procedure) ($27.50)
Removes debris and makeup to aid in treatment penetration while maintaining the skin’s barrier with natural lipids to support its protective capacity and replenish lipids to support the heailng process.
Skin Conditioning Treatment (Pre-Procedure) ($65.00)
Helps prepare skin by exfoliating without irritation, creating an even skin tone
Recovery Week Complex (Post-Procedure) ($65.00)
Helps manage visible excess redness and irritation by reducing the appearance of skin discoloration
Optimizing Treatment Cream (Pre/Post-Procedure) ($85.00)
Helps prevent irritation while improving the appearance of skin tone’s evenness
Daily SPF 38 (Pre/Post-Procedure) ($38.00)
Help protect against UVA and UVB rays in highly-sensitive, post-procedure skin
Optimizing Regimen Kit ($235.00)
Contains all of the above products in one kit
Information about Clinique Medical is available at www.cliniquemedical.com.
MAC Mineralize Collection
The mania for mineral-rich makeup-foundation, powders, blush, eye shadows — is ever on the ascendant. Minerals will glorify and galvanize MAC’s latest mineral earth-offerings, and showcase our permanent Mineralize collections. The Artists have only but to ask: We are delighted to bring back our best-selling Mineralize Eye Shadow and Mineralize Blush at their request: three eye shadows from A Muse, three from Antiquitease, and six blush shades from Sonic Chic. Two shimmer shades of Mineralize Skinfinish will be permanent as well. In addition, brushes that are the most effective with Mineralize products will prove indescribably indispensable. Now available together in one permanent collection.
Mineralize Satinfinish SPF15 ($26.50)
- NC15, NC20, NC25, NC30, NC35, NC37, NC40, NC42, NC44 , NC45, NC50
- NW20, NW25, NW30, NW35, NW43, NW45, NW50
Mineralize Skinfinish $25.00)
- Soft And Gentle Gilded peach bronze
- Gold Deposit Gold copper bronze with gold sparkle
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ($25.00)
- Light Soft pale beige
- Light Medium Pale golden beige
- Medium Soft creamy beige
- Medium Plus Tan beige
- Medium Dark Caramel beige
- Medium Deep Rich golden tan
- Dark Deep caramel
- Deep Dark Rich golden bronze
Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation/Loose ($29.00)
- Light, Light Medium, Medium, Medium Plus, Medium Dark, Medium Deep, Dark, Deep Dark, Deeper Dark
Mineralize Eyeshadow Duos ($17.50)
- Engaging Pinky beige and yellow gold with rose veining (frost)
- Earthly Riches Deep plum and dirty deep grey with pink veining (frost)
- Family Silver Dirty light silver and midtone dirty silver with gold veining (frost)
- Heat/Element Rich yellow gold/rusty red brown (frost)
- Illusionary/Burning Ambition White gold with gold pearl/deep milk chocolate (frost)
- Bright Side/Gallery Gal Champagne gold/soft olive green (frost)
Mineralize Blush ($19.50)
- Dainty Light yellow pink with gold pearl (frost)
- Warm Soul Midtone beige with gold pearl (frost)
- Gleeful Deep dirty blue pink with gold pearl (frost)
- Gentle Raspberry with gold pearl (frost)
- Love Joy Warm midtone brown with gold pearl (frost)
- Love Thing Dirty burgundy with gold pearl (frost)
- 109 Small Contour
- 187 Duo Fibre Face
- 188 Small Duo Fibre Face
- 190 Foundation
- 217 Blending
- 239 Eye Shader
- 182 Buffer
Available: North America October 16th, 2008 at all MAC locations,1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com. International October 2008 at all MAC locations.
See close-up photos! Continue reading →
MAC for Emanuel Ungaro
Emanuel Ungaro From a Paris couture house long-celebrated for its romantic use of pattern and colour, to the modern evolution of Ungaro today, it’s an exciting debut! Collections, It-Boy designer, Esteban Cortazar, and MAC have come together to create a special colour collection as dreamy, refined, and, well, Parisienne as anything this side of the Avenue Georges V, exclusively ours! A limited edition for lips, cheeks, eyes ‘chez Ungaro, only for MAC.
- Pure Rose Pastel pink with white pearl
- Freckletone Neutral yellow-toned beige
- Pastel Emotion Pastel pink with white pearl
See-thru Lip Colour ($14.00)
- Not So Shy! Jewel-tone berry stain
- Soft Flower Clean, mid-tone coral
- Lilac Touch Dirty mid-tone violet
- Mineral Deep cool brown
- Phloof! Frosted off-white (not shown)
Cream Colour Base ($16.50)
- Crushed Bougainvillea Jewel-tone berry stain
- Fresh Morning Soft muted pastel pink
Beauty Powder ($22.00)
- Flower Mist Dew Clean brightening pink
Technakohl Liner ($14.50)
Zoom Lash ($12.00)
- Lofty Brown Ultra-rich blackened cocoa brown
Brow Set (13.50)
Available North America October 9, 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See close-up photos! Continue reading →