NARS Kabuki Brushes for August 2014
NARS Cosmetics expands its exquisite Kabuki Brush Collection with three new brushes for face, cheeks and eyes. Rich in Japanese tradition and culture, the Mie, Mizubake and Kudoki Kabuki brushes are designed to provide precise, flawless makeup application.
Inspired by traditional Japanese beauty rituals from Geiko and Kabuki Theater, the NARS Kabuki Brushes meld heritage with modernity, in both concept and function. Finding their place in modern makeup, the unique design of each Kabuki Brush encourages multi-functional use, making each a versatile tool in everyday makeup application.
Mie Kabuki Brush ($55.00)
Ideal for soft, all-over face application of loose and pressed powders. Luxuriously layered with a double-dome design that deposits product evenly. A hand-spun black wisteria handle preserves this Kabuki’s unique traditional character.
Mizubake Kabuki Brush ($55.00)
Contour and sculpt blush and bronzer with this distinct design for controlled application and precise definition. The hand-spun black wisteria handle preserves this Kabuki’s unique traditional character.
Kudoki Kabuki Brush ($40.00)
Unique, angled silhouette contours the eye for impeccable crease definition, ideal for soft color deposit along the lash line for a smokey look. Soft-touch handle
Availability: August 1st at NARS, NARS Boutiques
NARS And God Created Woman Kit
NARS debuts a limited-edition palette of six shimmering shadows for captivating, compelling eyes, this sleek set also includes a travel sized Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base and travel size Wide Contour Brush #43.
Named for “Et Dieu… créa la femme,” the classic 1956 French film that made Brigitte Bardot an overnight sensation, the six-well palette helps beauty lovers achieve the look of the season with a must-have neutral shade range based on top-selling browns and taupes.
And God Created the Woman Eye Kit ($59.00) (Limited Edition)
- Alhambra (Right) Metallic rose mist
- Bellissima (Right) Matte grey brown
- Kalahari (Left) Gold confection
- Galapagos Bitter chocolate infused with gold
- Coconut Grove Deep taupe brown infused with gold
- Night Clubbing Black with gold pearl
- Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base Travel-sized
- Wide Contour Brush #43 Travel-sized
Availability: August 1st at NARS, NARS Boutiques, and department/specialty stores
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Unknown Pleasures Collection for Fall 2014
From the innovators behind the cult-favorite liquid lipstick Lip Tar, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics unleashes a range of shades and textures that explores the boundaries between light and shadow. ‘Unknown Pleasures’ is OCC’s Fall/Winter Colour Collection that not only brings together six all-new Lip Tar shades to Sephora, but will be the first to introduce six limited-edition Nail Lacquer shades to participating stores!
The ‘Unknown Pleasures’ collection captures seasonal trend as created by OCC on the runways of New York Fashion Week, with shades that made their original debut at the Fall/Winter 2014 Collections. ‘Unknown Pleasures’ offers a range of colours that promise to tease and tempt the senses, with chic neutrals like ‘Lament’ and ‘Covet’, to ultra-modern vamp shades like the Matte and Metallic duo of deep purples, ‘Pagan’ and ‘Technopagan’. In addition to the six all-new Lip Tar Mattes and Metallics and coordinating Nail Lacquer shades, ‘Unknown Pleasures’ delivers online-exclusive offerings as well: two new Cosmetic Colour Pencil shades!
Actor and musician Deven Green returns to OCC, taking on her darkest roles yet as the two faces of ‘Unknown Pleasures’. The collection will be available online at Sephora.com and OCCMakeup.com beginning 8/5, and available for purchase at participating Sephora stores and at OCC’s flagship boutique on 9/19.
Lip Tar ($18.00)
- Lament Neutral rose beige (Matte) (Permanent)
- Covet Golden buff neutral (Matte) (Permanent)
- Manhunter Red-orange with golden shimmer (Metallic) (Permanent)
- Pagan Blackened purple (Matte) (Permanent)
- Technopagan Blackened purple with blue pearl (Metallic) (Permanent)
- Vain Deep, dark indigo (Matte) (Permanent)
Nail Lacquer ($10.00)
- Dangerous Opaque, true grey (Creme) (Permanent)
- Covet Golden buff neutral (Creme) (Limited Edition)
- Poison Shimmer ivy green (Metallic) (Limited Edition)
- Distortion Deep shimmering navy (Metallic) (Limited Edition)
- Pagan Blackened purple (Creme) (Limited Edition)
- Technopagan Blackened purple with blue pearl (Metallic) (Limited Edition)
Cosmetic Colour Pencil ($16.00)
- Sebastian Plum-toned taupe
- Lydia Darkroom plum
Availability: August 5th at Sephora online; in-stores September 19th, now at Beautylish
bareMinerals READY Eyeshadows for Fall 2014
READY Eyeshadow 2.0 ($20.00)
- The Magic Touch Presto (cool champagne sheen) + Flicker (antique bronze)
- The Covert Affair Air (satin taupe) + Catch Me (rich mauve)
- The High Society Waltz (soft pink taupe) + Debutante (blushing nude)
- The Big Debut Future (sunset pink) + Center Stage (deep plum)
- The Hollywood Ending Promise (creamy beige) + Dazzle (midnight teal)
- Guilty Pleasures Shhh… (apricot nectar) + Yes Please (cinnamon brown shimmer)
READY Eyeshadow 4.0 ($30.00)
- The Designer Label Ball Gown (nude sheen) + Tres Chic (apricot creme) + Elitist (glistening olive) + Couture (glimmering clove)
- The Good Life Opulence (shimmering cream) + North (icy pearl) + Priceless (heathered smoke) + Blackout (black smoke)
- The Comfort Zone Ahhh (blushing ivory) + Solace (honey beige) + Enjoy (rosy nude) + Tranquil (soft stone)
Availability: Now at bareMinerals, Nordstrom, Beauty.com
YSL Cuirs Fetiches Collection for Fall 2014
Couture Palette ($60.00) (Limited Edition)
- Fetiche Deep black, rich green, opulent brown, bright copper, warm gold
La Laque Couture ($27.00) (Limited Edition)
- Bleu Galuchat (52) Metallic blue-grey
- Taupe Graine (53) Matte suede brown
Gloss Volupte ($32.00) (New, Permanent)
- Cuir Grenat (106) Red
- Beige Nu (210) Beige
Babydoll Eyeliner ($34.00) (Limited Edition)
- Gris Vinyl (17) Blue-gray
- Bleu Patine (18) Blue
Rouge Pur Couture The Mats ($35.00) (Limited Edition)
- Rose Perfecto (207) Rose
- Fuchsia Fetiche (208) Red
Availability: Now at YSL, Nordstrom
Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette — Trafalgar
Dior reinvents the 5 Couleurs legend with a harmonious collection of eyeshadow hues that give you a multi-faceted look. Its eyeshadows boast a wide variety of textures and shades with a host of different effects, including matte, satin, iridescent and ultra-shimmery to dress your eyes for any occasion. Create a look that’s unique to you or follow one of the two ready-to-wear looks Dior has created just for you.
5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette ($60.00) (New, Permanent)
- Bar (56)
- Carre Bleu (276)
- Pied de Poule (96)
- Trafalgar (876)
- Tutu (846)
Availability: Now at Nordstrom