“The Nude Collection was inspired by color I see naturally in women’s faces. Nude makeup is pure genius because it’s easy to apply and it enhances the natural tones of your skin. It’s the perfect choice for anyone who loves a naturally sexy look.” — Bobbi Brown
Nude Lip & Eye Palette | Bobbi’s new Nude Lip & Eye Palette is the must-have item Featuring a beautiful range of nude shades housed in a sleek compact with slide-out drawer and mirror. Also includes Shadow Brush and Lip Brush with a protective cap. ($60.00)
- Buff Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Nude Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Bare Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Naked Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Bare Lip Color (New, exclusive)
- Beige Lip Color
- Brownie Pink Lip Color
- Cocoa Lip Color
Glitter Lip Gloss | This season Bobbi has created four new Glitter Lip Gloss shades to complement the Nude Lip & Eye Palette. These skin tone-inspired shades infused with flecks of glitter give lips a polished and sophisticated look– the epitome of unstudied glamour. ($19.00)
- Almost Bare
Availability: Both the Nude Lip & Eye Palette and the new Glitter Lip Glosses will make their debut on counters and www.bobbibrown.com March 2008.
Check out a couple of more photos! Continue reading →
OVERALL, the launch is great because it offers twenty shades of Slimshines that are all permanent to the MAC Cosmetics line. This means that you can happily have a favorite that you can repurchase again and again–not to mention you don’t have to rush out and buy all twenty for fear of them selling out and missing out! The Slimshine formula is very creamy and smooth, more moisturizing than most lipsticks, and the color pay off is fairly decent. I personally find that Slimshines do not last nearly as long as a typical lipstick, because of how creamy they are, you tend to put on more product and it seems like you get less than in a tube of lipstick. The texture/formula is non-sticky, and they are quite glossy/high sheen, which is a plus for those who have no love for lipglass because of its tackiness. My personal favorites were Grenadine, Intimidate, Rock Out, Voile, Gaily, and Scant.
- Assertive is a rose with red and peach undertones and gold shimmer that goes on fairly sheerly.
- Bare is a smooth pale gray-pink with little shimmer but lots of shine. I would consider this in the same family as Blankety lipstick.
- Cocoamour is a warm brown with gold shimmer with decent color but is still buildable. I like the golden shimmer in this, though I think the brown color is still too dark for my lips (alone, at least).
- Funshine is a warm medium pink with no real shimmer but is incredibly glossy with fairly good color pay off. The name is true–this color just seems fun.
- Gaily is a coral-red with little shimmer and lots of high sheen; it’s pretty and I think those who find true reds too bold, this may be a nice subtler red.
- Grenadine is a deep raspberry red with little shimmer and good color pay off. This is a definite favorite of mine, but when am I not attracted to this color family?
- Lovey Dove is a sheer strawberry peach kind of color with low level shimmer (gold sheen perhaps). Nice, but not a stand out color for me.
- Intimidate is a pink with purple-gray undertones with good opacity. It is a nice color, kind of an easy-to-wear shade for casual days.
- Long Stem Rose is a gorgeous shimmery medium pink with golden sheen that goes on sheerly but is somewhat buildable. I like this as a great color for light makeup days.
- Missy is a warm orange-peach kind of color, more wearable than say Vegas Volt, but still one of the bolder colors of the twenty.
- Most Wanted is a very dark burgundy with red and gold shimmer–more shimmer than most of the other Slimshines. I liked it, but I think it may be too vampy for my skintone.
- Mousse is a glossy warm caramel brown with little to no shimmer. It’s not a color I could wear (honestly, browns and I don’t seem to get along!), but I think it’s a great color for others.
- Pleasing is a mauvy kind of color, fairly light and sheer, with subtle golden pearl reflects. It’s a nice everyday shade.
- Prudeaux is a lovely glossy burgundy color–much like Most Wanted–without a lot of shimmer. It does go on more sheerly than Most Wanted, as well, which may make it a better option for the majority.
- Rock Out is this year’s “Kissable.” It is a bright fuchsia pink with subtle golden-pink shimmer, and the color pay off is decent.
- Scant is a deep red-plum with gold shimmer and lots of sheen. I like that it has a lot of color when it goes on, which is always a good thing in my book.
- Think Tan is a dark brown with red shimmer in it that goes on fairly sheerly. I’d love to see someone wear this, just because I can’t imagine it on me.
- Ultra Elegant is a darker coral/peach color with brown undertones. I think this may make a great base underneath brighter lipglasses or glosses.
- Urgent! is the “red” of the launch, but it is a very sheer, glossy red (seems blue-based to me). Pretty, but since it isn’t opaque, I’m not that interested in it.
- Voile is one of my favorites, because it so pretty swatched. It is a pale yellow with lots of golden shimmer. It seems more like a gloss than a lipstick, since it doesn’t provide much color on its own.
Check out two more swatch photos… Continue reading →
Check out MAC Cosmetics site for Fafi: http://www.maccosmetics.com/fafi!
More photos… Continue reading →
Don’t speak. Lips are in danger of all manner of delicious indiscretion. Seductive in colour, shine and staying power. Seven new Slimshine Lipstick shades and 13 bring-back shades invite colourful, ultra-glossy conversations. People will talk. $14.50
- Think Tan Deep reddish brown with gold (frost)
- Assertive Rusty brown with gold pearl (frost)
- Voile Canary yellow with gold pearl (frost)
- Missy Creamy pastel coral (cream)
- Grenadine Creamy deep blue red (cream)
- Rock Out Clean bright blue pink with gold pearl (frost)
- Intimidate Creamy plummy pink (cream)
- Bare Light neutral pink with subtle gold pearl (frost)
- Pleasing Midtone violet with red and gold pearl (frost)
- Long Stem Rose Light baby pink with subtle gold pearl (frost)
- Scant Midtone dirty plum with gold pearl (frost)
- Mousse Midtone caramel brown (cream)
- Lovey-Dove Midtone terracotta with bronze pearl (frost)
- Prudeaux Dark rich burgundy plum (cream)
- Ultra-Elegant Light neutral beige (cream)
- Funshine Shimmery soft apricot pink (frost)
- Urgent! Classic midtone red (frost)
- Cocoamour Neutral cool brown with matching pearl (frost)
- Most Wanted Intense purplish red with metallic golden shimmer (frost)
- Gaily Soft midtone berry pink with pearl (frost)
Now available on www.maccosmetics.com.
A new ultra-charged formula from the innovative, skin-brightening Lightful collection. Lightful Ultramoisture Creme: instantly hydrates and adds glow to the skin. For ongoing brightness wear solo or layered over Lightful Essence.
Lightful Ultramoisture Creme
A lightweight creme with the freshness of a gel that provides intensive hydration and high-level skin-brightening. Instantly creates a soft, luminous, natural-looking glow. US$36.00
Everyday cleanser with a soft foamy smooth-on, rinse-off action. Efficiently removes makeup. Cleanses, calms, refreshes and balances the skin. Manages oily areas, soothes dry skin, and helps reduce redness. US$22.00
Lightful Softening Lotion
An ultra-fluid lotion that refreshes the skin, making it feel softer, moister, more refreshed. Imparts gentle radiance to the skin. With ongoing use, brightens the skin, evens out skin tones, and helps reduce the look of skin discolouration. $28.00
Highly concentrated, lightweight gel that easily absorbs into the skin without surface residue. Calms, refines and moisturizes the skin. Clarifies the look of the skin: adds soft radiance. US$40.00
Now available on www.maccosmetics.com.
OVERALL, Fafi offers a lot of bright girly colors, lots of pinks, for this launch. There’s a few surprising colors that popped up, more sophisticated with darker tones or less shimmer, so I think most will find an item or two to pick up. I really liked the lip products, because of the cute, girliness of it all, but I would say that they’re not all unique so you could pass easily on some of them. The paint pots have excellent textures–they are all incredibly creamy, rich, and the color pay off is divine for all of them. I liked the quad with the green and peach-orange shadows, because I feel like you get more for your money, since the other quad has two permanent eyeshadows in it and the other two colors aren’t enough to persuade me to buy it anyway. I loved Sassed Up iridescent powder, and the blushes were lovely, but I’m not sure if I’ll cave for those yet. Oh, and by the way, the designs on the products are stickers, not actually printed on the products, which is a huge disappointment. It just seems cheap to me, and I know it’ll wear off easily (and heaven forbid it gets wet!). I wasn’t completely blown away by the launch personally, but I think it is a fun collection that offers just that, some fun. I picked up only a few items yesterday, because I’m going to a Fafi event on the 10th, so I’ll probably get more then. I just got Fun N Sexy lipstick, Squeeze It lipglass, and Cash Flow paint pot (plus, I had to get some PRO products, of course!).
See swatches here! Read a detailed review… Continue reading →