Personally, I have never celebrated Easter as a religious holiday; it has always meant bunnies, lots of chocolate and candy, and a hearty holiday meal. These little Happy Easter gifts by LUSH are just adorable–don’t you think? I love the idea that they’re taking a stance of ‘egg-cess’ packaging, but I just think it’s utterly cute with the way the egg is hollowed out and can later act as a bath bomb.
This Easter, you’re in for a real treat as LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics crack open three new delicious Easter egg gifts that look so good, you’ll want to eat them! The HAPPY EASTER 500g hollow egg is made from bath bomb mix and contains two products inside, for an egg-shell-ent bath time experience. Once you’ve finished with the inner products, simply break off bits of the shell and throw into the tub for a really great soak. This is yet another novel idea from LUSH on how to cut down on egg-cess packaging, while still offering sumptuous gift ideas. And where there is packaging, it is bio-degradable. So get your hands on these indulgent, guilt-free and limited edition LUSH treats for $29.95 at www.lush.com.
At Temptalia, we are all about buying beauty and supporting a good cause at the same time. theBalm is supporting Multiple Sclerosis by offering a limited edition BalmShelter Gloss called “Kiss MS Goodbye.” It will retail for $18 at www.thebalm.com.
In honor of March being National Multiple Sclerosis Education and Awareness Week (March 10th-17th) – and to support the efforts of the NYC Chapter of the National MS society, theBalm has created a limited edition KISS MS GOODBYE version of their best-selling “Girly Girl” BalmShelter Gloss. I’d love for you to do a posting come March on this philanthropic partnership, the more sales, the more money gets donated to the MS Society.
During the month of March, theBalm will donate 25% of proceeds from the sale of this shade- a wearable coral hue infused with SPF 17 and a delicious strawberry banana scent- to the cause.
The New York City Chapter of the National MS Society helps the thousands of New Yorkers impacted by MS to move their lives forward. They provide comprehensive support services and educational programs to people with MS, their family and friends, and raise funds locally to support the National MS Society’s research initiatives
Help KISS MS GOODBYE in the most glamorous way possible- after all, looking good is one thing, but doing good in the process just makes everyone that much prettier.
Bobbi continues to be the “bridal authority” with this kit, designed exclusively for brides and her bridal party. Bridal set features the makeup basics for the bride, bridesmaid or mother of the bride to customize their look.
Bridal Kit Contains:
- Exclusive Ivory Eye Shadow
- Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
- Black No Smudge Mascara
- Pink Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss
- Short Handle Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush
- White Cosmetic Case
On Counter: April 2008
Suggested Retail Price: $75.00
Bobbi Brown’s Top 10 Weddding Day Tips
- Flash photography emphasizes pink tones, so be sure to even out skin with a yellow-toned foundation. Start
around the nose and mouth where there’s redness, then blend out to the
rest of the face.
- Set concealer and foundation with Sheer Finish Loose Powder to make them longer-lasting and to ensure that
skin looks matte in pictures.
- If your dress has an open neckline, be sure to warm up your neck and chest with a dusting of Bronzing Powder.
- Use a water-resistant liner that can withstand tears; try Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner applied with the Ultra Fine
Eye Liner Brush. If you prefer to line with shadow, make it longer-lasting by applying it with a slightly damp
Eye Liner Brush. Finish with a waterresistant mascara like Lash Glamour.
- After applying all your eye makeup, finish with a highlighter shade on the browbone to make eyes pop. Rub your finger in a light matte shade and pat lightly on the outer corner of the browbone.
- For a pretty flush that lasts, use two shades of Blush. First, apply a neutral shade on the apples of cheeks, blending up into the hairline, then downwards to soften. Then apply a brighter shade just on the apples of cheeks.
- Neutral and pale lip colors look washed out in photographs, so choose a lipstick that’s one to two shades brighter than what you normally wear. Pinks, roses and plums are great choices for brides.
- To make Lip Color last longer, line and fill in lips with Lip Pencil before applying your lipstick.
- Carry a touch-up kit with concealer, pressed powder, lipstick or gloss, lip liner, tissues, mints, and a mini sewing kit (for emergency clothing fixes like a dropped hem or popped button).
- Have Fun!
Pre-Wedding Wellness Tips
- Eat smart. Choose whole grains, fresh greens and fruits, and clean proteins like chicken, fish, and beans.
- Hydrate. Drink lots of water daily to hydrate skin and flush out toxins.
- Move Your Body. Exercise at least three times a week to strengthen your body and calm your mind.
- Take Relaxing Baths. Add soothing Epsom salts or skin-softening powdered milk to your bathwater.
- Be Present. Slow down and appreciate what’s around you rather than rushing to get from start to finish.
Wedding Day Touch-Up Tips
- Pack your purse with concealer, pressed powder, lipstick or gloss, lip liner, tissues, and mints.
- Sewing kit with prethreaded needles and a pair of tiny fold-up scissors to fix a hem or popped button.
- Static spray and lint remover to get rid of static cling and lint on clothing.
- Prewrapped wipes to remove makeup and food stains.
Thanks to Kiss and Makeup for this story update and photos:
You can choose to use the mousse or the leg oil, and there’s even a buffng brush to create a golden glow. You can choose from Medium Sheer which is a soft golden caramel with soft gold nuances or Medium Dark Sheer which is soft bronze with golden tan pearl.
Change is a sure thing, especially when it comes to a woman’s skin. But at different stages in a woman’s life, her skin needs different care. That’s why the experts at Curél Skin Care developed the Life’s Stages Collection – the first and only line of moisturizers designed to help women address the changing needs of their skin.
Stage #1 – Pregnancy & Motherhood
- Skin Problems: tight, itchy, dry, sensitive skin, stretch marks.
- Problem Solver: Curél nurturing comfort; Moisture Cream for pregnancy & motherhood
- How it Helps: Dermatologist and Curél Consultant, Dr. Diane Berson says, ” It helps improve skin’s elasticity and alleviates dryness via a paraben and mineral oil-free formula containing shea butter, Vitamin E, collagen and elastin. It increases skin’s elasticity 70% better than the leading pregnancy cream.”
Stage #2 – First Signs of Aging
- Skin Problems: rough, dry, discolored, dull, and transparent, loss of elasticity, wrinkles
- Problem Solver: Curél youth-defense; Moisture Lotion for the first signs of aging
- How it Helps: ” It replenishes essential building blocks found in naturally young, healthy skin and increases skin’s moisture level via a blend of skin hydrators, Vitamins C & E and collagen,” says OB/GYN and Curél Consultant, Dr. Miriam Greene. “It also contains sage to reduce redness and irritation.”
Stage #3 -é Menopause and Beyond
- Skin Problems: hot, dry, itchy skin, loss of elasticity
- Problem Solver: Curél skin fortifying Moisture Lotion for menopause & beyond
- How it Helps: “It helps maintain skin’s elasticity, making it soft and supple via a blend of elastin and collagen, grape seed extract known to inhibit collagen loss,” says Dr. Berson.
“It also has a gentile cooling agent and a special blend of emollients designed to increase skin elasticity, maintain hydration, and improve the appearance of dry skin,” adds Dr. Greene.
Availability: The moisturizers in the Life’s Stages Collection are each sold separately. They will be available at drugstores nationwide beginning in March 2008 for $5.49.
What do you think of this concept? I’m not sure if I’m going to try it yet, because I’m not sure if I’m in the stage of “first signs of aging,” you know? I suppose I am in some fashion, but not visibly to a degree where I feel any product could counteract it. I do like that price, though 😉
Jason Hoffman, a principle makeup artist for Shu Uemura, created this look JUST for Temptalia readers using Shu Uemura’s REBIRTH spring collection (which is gorgeous–I am sure everyone remembers the lovely promo with the wind blown hair and vibrant green eyeshadow!). The look is called “Earth.”
Face | Matte looking skin with a subtle highlight around eye and brow with Glow On.
Eye | Rocket Eye Pencil Energy Flow: mix coral and white from lash line to crease. Rocket Eye Pencil Energy Flow: place yellow pencil in the corner of the eye. PES Sunstream: dust all over eye lightly on bottom. PES Earth Brown: blend on the outer corner of the eye close to lash line. Basic Black mascara: apply to top and lightly on bottom.
Cheek | Glow On Harmonious Orange on the cheekbones.
Lip | Rouge Unlimited Serene Pink applied to top and bottom of lips.
Get REBIRTH at www.shuuemura.com!