The Kohdo Wood Collection
The World of Jo Malone introduces the Kohdo Wood Collection, two captivating fragrances created as a modern interpretation of an ancient Asian tradition. These two new Eastern scents are inspired by the ancient Japanese incense ceremony of Kohdo where emotions are influenced according to the different nature of scents. The invigorating fragrance of Lotus Blossom & Water Lily – Kohdo Wood Day, is designed to wake the senses and energise the soul, while Dark Amber & Ginger Lily – Kohdo Wood Night, is a sensual and calming blend that encourages tranquillity.
To feel refreshed and invigorated, surround yourself with the scent of Lotus Blossom & Water Lily. The blend of mandarin, sacred lotus blossom, bamboo and aloeswood will encourage energy, inspire confidence and focus the mind. With an energetic and confident nature this scent is perfect to use throughout the day.
At the end of the day, to encourage a feeling of calm and tranquillity, the sensual nature of Dark Amber & Ginger Lily is perfect for relaxation as day turns to night. The combination of black cardamom, orchid and Kyara Wood has been designed to cleanse the senses, encourage calm, relaxation and positive thoughts.
Available: May 2008
Have you used any Jo Malone fragrances? What are your top picks?
Art with Attitude: Kat Von D Leaves Her Mark, Exclusively at Sephora
This summer, beauty gets a bad girl edge when Kat Von D, star of L.A. Ink and owner of High Voltage Tattoo, introduces her one-of-a-kind collection exclusively for Sephora. Whether your look is pin-up perfection or rocker chic, this limited edition line-up has something for those who like to add a little edge to their eyes and punch to their pout.
“People have always asked me what I would be doing if I wasn’t a tattooer, and the only thing I could imagine being as fulfilling as tattooing would be doing makeup!,” says Kat Von D. “To me, makeup is one of the most artistic outlets of self expression, and this collection — a mix of old Hollywood glamour with an L.A. vibe — personifies that. The colors are exceptionally versatile so you can create a look that is classic glamour or amp up the volume for something bolder.”
Eyeshadow Palette ($35) — available in two shade collections, aptly called Ludwig (Kat’s Cat) and Beethoven (Kat’s favorite composer), each palette contains eight eyeshadows, in colors ranging from Lucifer (black) to Tequila (light, golden yellow).
Eyeliners ($16) — six shades of liquid eyeliner, perfect for amping up the star appeal and creating the sexiest cat eyes. Available in Puro Amor (black), Turbo Lover (purple), Immortal Love (brown), Love Metal (gunmetal), Romantico (army green) and Black Metal Love (black with glitter).
Eye Brush Set ($48) — a set of five eyeshadow brushes to bring out your inner artist and achieve a flawless finish.
Lipsticks ($18) — four incarnations of red to accentuate the perfect pout — are you feeling mischievous? Underage Red (blue red), Lolita (rose), Misfit (raisin) or Hellbent (burgundy).
The collection will be available from May 12, 2008 in all Sephora stores, as well as by calling 1-877-SEPHORA or logging on to www.Sephora.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
California ease, hipster cool, and true luxury intersect at Los Angeles’ hottest shopping spot, Robertson Boulevard. May 2008 brings a brand new reason to hit the block: the opening of the sparkling new Robertson Boulevard CHANEL boutique. To celebrate the occasion, Peter Philips, the new Global Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup, has designed four limited-edition must-have nail colours, which will be exclusively available in-store.
This mini-collection of graphic, pop-art shades was inspired by the spirit of Robertson Boulevard itself, a young Hollywood hangout now famous for shopping sprees and see-and-be-seen lunch spots such as The Ivy. Just as Robertson offers a signature blend of trendiness and haute exclusivity, these nail colours are fresh, eclectic, fun — bright as a cloudless California day, and perfect for a destination where every shopper feels like a star.
MELROSE A fun, hot pink destined to become spring’s must-have pedicure
RODEO DRIVE A purple splash: girl power meets the power lunch
L.A. SUNRISE A primary yellow as bright and cheerful as its name
L.A. SUNSET A warm tangerine — just the thing for an afternoon shopping splurge
Available exclusively in-store at the Robertson Boulevard CHANEL Boutique beginning May 30th, 2008, on www.CHANEL.com in July 2008, or call 1.800.550.0005. Each lacquer is $25.00.
Dubbed Eyes by Design, the line will be sold exclusively on HSN and both companies hope the collection will reinvigorate that category.
Jane Hudis, president and founder of BeautyBank, said, “Research showed that the eye category is where women lack the greatest confidence â€” they want to experiment and play around but don’t have the confidence to do so.” She added that the objective was to allow women to experiment in the comfort of their own homes.
Hudis also sees this as a pivotal time for the industry, especially in terms of retailing. Companies are shifting in their thinking from being “distribution-centric to consumer-centric,” she asserted.
You know, I’ve never bought something via the TV. I’ve hardly ever watched HSN or any of the shopping channels (in fact, I used to have them blocked, ha!). What about you? Do you dig channels like HSN (well, at least they have a website, too!), or are you a brick and mortar kind of gal?
Colour Forms is a Nordstrom exclusive (think last year’s Novel Twist), which also had its own color story, aside from eye/lip/brush sets. It will launch July 18, 2008.
- Inner Hue Creamy mid-tone coral outer with sheer golden peach pearlized core (Lustre)
- Naked to the Core Creamy soft neutral pink outer with sheer beige pearlized core (Lustre)
- Pop Circle Creamy bright blue pink outer with sheer pale pink pearlized core (Lustre)
- Rose Go Round Creamy burgundy outer with sheer golden pink pearlized core (Lustre)
- Dark Influence Frosty purple with pink pearlized pigments
- Deep Deposit Frosty deep blackened burgundy
- Female Frosty pale pink with green gold pearlized pigments
- Positive Charge Frosty copper with gold pearlized pigments
- Quick Flash Frosty warm gold
- Rose Bullion Frosty mid-tone pink with gold pearlized pigments
- Circa Plum Frosty mid-tone lavender
- Gilded Green Frosty mid-tone green with gold pearlized pigments
- Jardin Aires Tan with gold pearlized pigments
- Royal Flush Frosty mid-tone red
- Steel Blue Rich deep turquoise green blue shone with small pearlized pigments
- Tea Time Bronzed brown with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments
Colour Form Powder
- Play Around Pink Intense blue mid-tone pink with pearlized pigments, plum, soft pink with pink & white pearlized pigments, light pink
- Sun Centered Coral with gold pearlized pigments, mid-tone bronze, soft wheat with gold & silver pearlized pigments, soft peach with white pearlized pigments
Keep reading for details on the eyeshadow/lip palettes and brush sets… Continue reading →
SPRING/SUMMER 2008 Nails | I fall in and out of my polish addiction–I’ll go months where I don’t think about buying a new shade, and then I’ll see a bunch of new collections and want to buy every single one (thank goodness for 8ty8 and Head2Toe) Here’s a little round-up of what OPI and China Glaze have to offer at the moment…
OPI India Collection | Let the India Collection intrigue you with colors wrapped in the energy of the season – chic, warm, and bright. Features wide-brimmed hats, brightly colored bangles and clutch purses, and India-inspired beading and metallic embroidery embellishments.
- I’m India Mood for Love And this hot pink is what I lust for!
- ElePhantastic Pink This carnation pink may start a stampede!
- Black Cherry Chutney Deliciously dark black-red.
- Keys to My Karma Start your good fortune with this rich red.
- MonSooner or Later Drench your nails in this deluge of orange-red.
- Moon Over Mumbai A romantic shade of soft, moonlit grey.
- Yoga-ta Get this Blue! Make this deep, dark blue your fashion mantra.
- Get Me to the Taj on Time I don’t want to miss this pale opal shade!
- Curry Up Don’t Be Late! This spicy golden metallic simmers with style!
- Charmed by a Snake A charming, disarming shade of bronze.
- Lunch at the Delhi Now serving a luscious shade of coral.
- Royal Rajah Ruby Jeweled burgundy befitting a prince’s princess.
OPI Beyond Chic Collection | Beyond pretty, beyond trendy – this spring, OPI offers a selection of Nail Lacquers that is simply Beyond Chic. Cool, collected, subtly sexy – perfect for weddings, the workplace, or any casual occasions.
- Makes Men Blush
- Oh So Glam!
- She’s Golden
- Time-less is More
- Pearls Night Out
- Kiss on the Chic
OPI Mod About Brights
- Mod-Ern Girl
- The “It” Color
- Brights Power
- That’s Hot ! Pink
- Green-Wich Village
- Dating A Royal
See more photos and get details on China Glaze’s latest launches… Continue reading →