Dubbed Eyes by Design, the line will be sold exclusively on HSN and both companies hope the collection will reinvigorate that category.
Jane Hudis, president and founder of BeautyBank, said, “Research showed that the eye category is where women lack the greatest confidence â€” they want to experiment and play around but don’t have the confidence to do so.” She added that the objective was to allow women to experiment in the comfort of their own homes.
Hudis also sees this as a pivotal time for the industry, especially in terms of retailing. Companies are shifting in their thinking from being “distribution-centric to consumer-centric,” she asserted.
You know, I’ve never bought something via the TV. I’ve hardly ever watched HSN or any of the shopping channels (in fact, I used to have them blocked, ha!). What about you? Do you dig channels like HSN (well, at least they have a website, too!), or are you a brick and mortar kind of gal?
Colour Forms is a Nordstrom exclusive (think last year’s Novel Twist), which also had its own color story, aside from eye/lip/brush sets. It will launch July 18, 2008.
- Inner Hue Creamy mid-tone coral outer with sheer golden peach pearlized core (Lustre)
- Naked to the Core Creamy soft neutral pink outer with sheer beige pearlized core (Lustre)
- Pop Circle Creamy bright blue pink outer with sheer pale pink pearlized core (Lustre)
- Rose Go Round Creamy burgundy outer with sheer golden pink pearlized core (Lustre)
- Dark Influence Frosty purple with pink pearlized pigments
- Deep Deposit Frosty deep blackened burgundy
- Female Frosty pale pink with green gold pearlized pigments
- Positive Charge Frosty copper with gold pearlized pigments
- Quick Flash Frosty warm gold
- Rose Bullion Frosty mid-tone pink with gold pearlized pigments
- Circa Plum Frosty mid-tone lavender
- Gilded Green Frosty mid-tone green with gold pearlized pigments
- Jardin Aires Tan with gold pearlized pigments
- Royal Flush Frosty mid-tone red
- Steel Blue Rich deep turquoise green blue shone with small pearlized pigments
- Tea Time Bronzed brown with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments
Colour Form Powder
- Play Around Pink Intense blue mid-tone pink with pearlized pigments, plum, soft pink with pink & white pearlized pigments, light pink
- Sun Centered Coral with gold pearlized pigments, mid-tone bronze, soft wheat with gold & silver pearlized pigments, soft peach with white pearlized pigments
Keep reading for details on the eyeshadow/lip palettes and brush sets… Continue reading →
SPRING/SUMMER 2008 Nails | I fall in and out of my polish addiction–I’ll go months where I don’t think about buying a new shade, and then I’ll see a bunch of new collections and want to buy every single one (thank goodness for 8ty8 and Head2Toe) Here’s a little round-up of what OPI and China Glaze have to offer at the moment…
OPI India Collection | Let the India Collection intrigue you with colors wrapped in the energy of the season – chic, warm, and bright. Features wide-brimmed hats, brightly colored bangles and clutch purses, and India-inspired beading and metallic embroidery embellishments.
- I’m India Mood for Love And this hot pink is what I lust for!
- ElePhantastic Pink This carnation pink may start a stampede!
- Black Cherry Chutney Deliciously dark black-red.
- Keys to My Karma Start your good fortune with this rich red.
- MonSooner or Later Drench your nails in this deluge of orange-red.
- Moon Over Mumbai A romantic shade of soft, moonlit grey.
- Yoga-ta Get this Blue! Make this deep, dark blue your fashion mantra.
- Get Me to the Taj on Time I don’t want to miss this pale opal shade!
- Curry Up Don’t Be Late! This spicy golden metallic simmers with style!
- Charmed by a Snake A charming, disarming shade of bronze.
- Lunch at the Delhi Now serving a luscious shade of coral.
- Royal Rajah Ruby Jeweled burgundy befitting a prince’s princess.
OPI Beyond Chic Collection | Beyond pretty, beyond trendy – this spring, OPI offers a selection of Nail Lacquers that is simply Beyond Chic. Cool, collected, subtly sexy – perfect for weddings, the workplace, or any casual occasions.
- Makes Men Blush
- Oh So Glam!
- She’s Golden
- Time-less is More
- Pearls Night Out
- Kiss on the Chic
OPI Mod About Brights
- Mod-Ern Girl
- The “It” Color
- Brights Power
- That’s Hot ! Pink
- Green-Wich Village
- Dating A Royal
See more photos and get details on China Glaze’s latest launches… Continue reading →
Naughty Nauticals | May 1st, 2008
The ship’s in port and she’s out cruising for romance. Her looks: uniformly chic, superbly shipshape through an alluring fleet of pinks, corals, reds bell-bottom blues, the deepest, bluest, navy Nail Lacquer seen this side Marseilles. In style anddesire, poised, perfect ready for her evening cruise.
Check out official promo photos and details! Start planning your haul!
FYI – I spoke with Valley Fair freestanding, and Dazzleglass launches tomorrow, the 24th, according to the manager. Naughty Nauticals is still slated for May 1st. There are some stores doing an early unveiling this Sunday, the 27th, though, including Hillsdale Mall. Continue reading →
Skinsheen | May 1st, 2008
A sprayable lightweight gel that unlike your fancy, never drifts. Brushes lightly and flawlessly over the skin — undetectable. For the ultimate secret application and smoothest sheen, try the 179 Body Buffer Brush. Skinsheen leg spray applies like a soft mousse to provide a quick, highly blendable application of colour to legs, arms, shoulders and décolletage.
Get full details and see more product photos! Continue reading →
As I was catching up on my WWD beauty reading, I spotted this fantastic fall heads up!
The collection, due on counter in July, includes Gold Fiction, a softly shimmering nail polish, $30; Facettes D’Or, a finely milled gold loose powder that reads on the skin as a subtle glow, $56; Gold Light Glossimer lip gloss, $26; Rouge Hydrabase lipstick shades in copper, plum and coral, each $27, and a quad eye shadow palette with gold, coffee, ivory and dark green eye colors, $56.
That said, Dagousset believes that Gold Fiction will follow in the footsteps of Vamp, Black Satin and other best-selling Chanel nail polishes. “I think it will be huge,” said Dagousset. “It’s a soft honey gold, not a sparkling bright gold. It’s very wearable and very modern.” Another gold-hued nail shade expected to do well is Kaleidoscope, a shiny green gold, she said.
As well, Chanel will reprise — and amplify — gold in its holiday color collection, due out in October, with Poudre Precieuse Or, a gold highlighting powder that will retail for $75; Gold Shine, a gold Glossimer lip shade, $26; Noir Scintillant, a black eyeliner with gold sparkle, $28, and Haute Chocolate, a gold brown nail shade, $20.
You know what that means, right? I’m totally screwed. Golds and me are like chocolate and milk.