Ladies, let me tell you, YSL has truly created a remarkable spring collection (debuting February 2008). I had the opportunity to play and test out the Palette Pop, a face and cheek powder; Rouge Pure Shine lipstick in Pink Sorbet; and Pop Stick Blush (N2) in Strawberry/Raspberry. What did I love? Oh, what didn’t I love! Here are some swatches – top horizontal one is of Palette Pop, the bottom left is Pink Sorbet, and the bottom right is the Pop Stick Blush! (Psst, myfavorite is the Pop Stick Blush, I am swooning over it!)
Now, let us give you a detailed review of the three products we tried… Continue reading →
Chanel goes icy blue for their Spring 2008 makeup collection. Soft pastels in the Camelias palette, while Bleu Célestes is a gorgeous trio of shades of blue and a lovely highlighter. Blue Satin is supposed to be the next “it” polish amongst addicts, so be sure to scoop it up if you’re loving rich, navy blues.
- Camelias x4
- Les 4 Ombres in Bleu Célestes
- Joues Contraste in Enchanteresse, Luna
- Mascara Inimitable in Noir-indigo
- Ombre d’Eau in Rivage
- Crayon Levres Cardamone
- Rouge Hydrabase in Rose Drop, Rose Secret, Enigma
- Rouge Allure in Frivole, Exquise
- Le Vernis (Nail Polish) in White Satin, Blue Satin, Rose Satin, and Azur
- Glossimers in Moonlight & Waterlily
- Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base
- Poudre Cristalline
Check out more photos and details… Continue reading →
Fafi will be incredibly large collection with special, limited edition packaging (as seen in the photo below) that has Fafi’s signature drawings on the packaging. While there is preliminary information available, we do not yet have color descriptions. When we do, we’ll be happy to share! However, we can tell you that if you like what’s pictured, be sure to start saving!
Some other collection rumors… Continue reading →
NEW SPRING LOOK 2008 | Spotlight on avant-garde romanticism
â€œI wanted a face for the woman I dress.” — Yves Saint Laurent
In 1978, Yves Saint Laurent created his line of make-up and sparked a sensation by adapting the bold, elegant, colours and visionary style of his clothes to the make-up universe. In 2008, to celebrate this 30th anniversary year in rich colour, Yves Saint Laurent Make-up will draw from the designer’s favourite themes and iconic creations with each successive season.
In this first tribute, the New Spring Look 2008 is inspired by one of the famous love greeting cards — the one from 1992 — sketched by Yves Saint Laurent and sent to his friends as an expression of affection. It is faithfully carried over to the PALETTE POP with its eminently wearable shades carrying a wave of freshness that is ideal in the spring sunlight.
In her usual flamboyant way, the Yves Saint Laurent woman reveals her romantic side, flirting with soft shades, luxuriating in fresh textures and naturally adopting ultra-contemporary, yet simple tips for application.
In a celebration of love and flowers, the New Spring Look 2008, interpreted by Val Garland, Artistic Advisor for Yves Saint Laurent Make-up, enhanced the model’s eyes with soft blue and green, a delicate and rosy complexion, and “embrace me”…lies the make-up look combines grace and sensuality in an effect that is totally today.
NEW LIMITED EDITIONS
- Palette Pop Collector Powder for Face & Cheeks ($60.00)
- Pop Stick Blush in N 1 Vanilla / Chocolate, N 2 Strawberry / Raspberry, N 3 Peach / Blackcurrant ($42.00)
- Eye Colour Touch Water-Resistant Eyeshadow in N 1 Golden Coral, N 2 Steel Blue, N 3 Golden Jade, N 4 Glazed Brown ($27.50)
NEW BASIC PRODUCT
- French Manicure / 2 Pens Kit ($42.00)
NEW BASIC SHADES
- Mascara Volume Infini Curl in N 6 Infinite Petrol-Blue ($27.50)
- Ombres Duolumieres in N 13 Golden Sand / Brown Earth, N 15 Shimmering Quartz / Deep Amethyst ($39.50)
- Fard a Levres Rouge Pur in N 138 Pink Orchid, N 139 Red Pomegranate ($29.00)
- Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick SPF 15 in N 28 Pink Sorbet, N 29 Frozen Mocha ($29.00)
- Golden Gloss in N 12 Golden Cinnamon, N 13 Golden Nude ($28.00)
Available this February 2008 on counters.
You know you want all the details AND photos… Continue reading →
N Collection – A portrait in the nude, daring in its stripped-down sensuality with natural and pearlized shades of Mineralize Skinfinish that play up the nakedness of cheeks, lips, eyes. For a glamazon who knows the power of artifice but has the confidence and allure to strip it all away. N. Collection is naked, with coverage — it’ll be our little secret. Custom-created high performance brushes mean that no one need ever know. Seductive, and ripe for a scandal.
- 1N Light nude/Plain with rose pearl
- 2N Creamy light pink
- 3N Pastel, milky pink
- 4N Creamy medium brown
- 5N Clean bplum rown
- 1N Creamy, white-light brown
- 2N Creamy natural gold-pink
- 3N Natural bronze with gold and pink pearl
- 4N Light chocolate brown with red pearl
- Nanogold Clean gold with rose pearl
- Modest Tone Neutral dirty light brown
- Neutral Pink Deep medium blue-pink
- Rich Flesh Neutral warm brown
- Remotely Grey Dirty grey-brown
- Dark Edge Deep chocolate brown
- Soft Ochre Yellow beige
- Quite Natural Dirty chocolate brown
- Creamola Darkly tinted light brown
- Sublime Culture Pink with caramel
- Graphblack Richest black graphite
- Brownborder Deep chocolate brown
- N Colour Creamy Beige
- Demi-Blanc Beige with green pearl
- Naturally Rich Milky chocolate
This collection should be available from MAC from January/February 2008. Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Who is L.U.C.I.? A better question might be what is L.U.C.I.? It stands for Luminous Colorless Color Intelligence and it’s the latest technology from the Lancome laboratories. Gucci Westman, the celebrated makeup artist and Lancome’s artistic director, was captivated by the beauty of sand, the iridescence of shells and the play of light on water at different beaches around the world and turned to the labs to bring her inspiration to reality. Gucci test-drove some of her new creations at Peter Som’s Spring 2008 show. “I wanted the models’ makeup to look easy and sexy,” says Gucci. “I gave the eyes a bit of a pop with Ombre Glacee for a sultry effect.”
Read about this new technology and all the products coming with it! Continue reading →