NEW SPRING LOOK 2008 | Spotlight on avant-garde romanticism
â€œI wanted a face for the woman I dress.” — Yves Saint Laurent
In 1978, Yves Saint Laurent created his line of make-up and sparked a sensation by adapting the bold, elegant, colours and visionary style of his clothes to the make-up universe. In 2008, to celebrate this 30th anniversary year in rich colour, Yves Saint Laurent Make-up will draw from the designer’s favourite themes and iconic creations with each successive season.
In this first tribute, the New Spring Look 2008 is inspired by one of the famous love greeting cards — the one from 1992 — sketched by Yves Saint Laurent and sent to his friends as an expression of affection. It is faithfully carried over to the PALETTE POP with its eminently wearable shades carrying a wave of freshness that is ideal in the spring sunlight.
In her usual flamboyant way, the Yves Saint Laurent woman reveals her romantic side, flirting with soft shades, luxuriating in fresh textures and naturally adopting ultra-contemporary, yet simple tips for application.
In a celebration of love and flowers, the New Spring Look 2008, interpreted by Val Garland, Artistic Advisor for Yves Saint Laurent Make-up, enhanced the model’s eyes with soft blue and green, a delicate and rosy complexion, and “embrace me”…lies the make-up look combines grace and sensuality in an effect that is totally today.
NEW LIMITED EDITIONS
- Palette Pop Collector Powder for Face & Cheeks ($60.00)
- Pop Stick Blush in N 1 Vanilla / Chocolate, N 2 Strawberry / Raspberry, N 3 Peach / Blackcurrant ($42.00)
- Eye Colour Touch Water-Resistant Eyeshadow in N 1 Golden Coral, N 2 Steel Blue, N 3 Golden Jade, N 4 Glazed Brown ($27.50)
NEW BASIC PRODUCT
- French Manicure / 2 Pens Kit ($42.00)
NEW BASIC SHADES
- Mascara Volume Infini Curl in N 6 Infinite Petrol-Blue ($27.50)
- Ombres Duolumieres in N 13 Golden Sand / Brown Earth, N 15 Shimmering Quartz / Deep Amethyst ($39.50)
- Fard a Levres Rouge Pur in N 138 Pink Orchid, N 139 Red Pomegranate ($29.00)
- Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick SPF 15 in N 28 Pink Sorbet, N 29 Frozen Mocha ($29.00)
- Golden Gloss in N 12 Golden Cinnamon, N 13 Golden Nude ($28.00)
Available this February 2008 on counters.
You know you want all the details AND photos… Continue reading →
N Collection – A portrait in the nude, daring in its stripped-down sensuality with natural and pearlized shades of Mineralize Skinfinish that play up the nakedness of cheeks, lips, eyes. For a glamazon who knows the power of artifice but has the confidence and allure to strip it all away. N. Collection is naked, with coverage — it’ll be our little secret. Custom-created high performance brushes mean that no one need ever know. Seductive, and ripe for a scandal.
- 1N Light nude/Plain with rose pearl
- 2N Creamy light pink
- 3N Pastel, milky pink
- 4N Creamy medium brown
- 5N Clean bplum rown
- 1N Creamy, white-light brown
- 2N Creamy natural gold-pink
- 3N Natural bronze with gold and pink pearl
- 4N Light chocolate brown with red pearl
- Nanogold Clean gold with rose pearl
- Modest Tone Neutral dirty light brown
- Neutral Pink Deep medium blue-pink
- Rich Flesh Neutral warm brown
- Remotely Grey Dirty grey-brown
- Dark Edge Deep chocolate brown
- Soft Ochre Yellow beige
- Quite Natural Dirty chocolate brown
- Creamola Darkly tinted light brown
- Sublime Culture Pink with caramel
- Graphblack Richest black graphite
- Brownborder Deep chocolate brown
- N Colour Creamy Beige
- Demi-Blanc Beige with green pearl
- Naturally Rich Milky chocolate
This collection should be available from MAC from January/February 2008. Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Who is L.U.C.I.? A better question might be what is L.U.C.I.? It stands for Luminous Colorless Color Intelligence and it’s the latest technology from the Lancome laboratories. Gucci Westman, the celebrated makeup artist and Lancome’s artistic director, was captivated by the beauty of sand, the iridescence of shells and the play of light on water at different beaches around the world and turned to the labs to bring her inspiration to reality. Gucci test-drove some of her new creations at Peter Som’s Spring 2008 show. “I wanted the models’ makeup to look easy and sexy,” says Gucci. “I gave the eyes a bit of a pop with Ombre Glacee for a sultry effect.”
Read about this new technology and all the products coming with it! Continue reading →
Flower Blossom Collection – Spring Look 2008
This limited edition color collection is a breath of fresh, spring air — featuring light, floral-inspired pastels. Dior staples such as the 5-Colour and 1-Colour Eyeshadows, Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect and Rouge Dior Lipstick come together to create a look inspired by the lighthearted hues of the season.
Star Product – Dior Flower Blossom Palette:
The ultimate accessory: a mix of must-have pastel and iridescent powders for eyes and cheeks inspired by the vibrant enamel landscapes of Victoire de Castellane’s famous “Diorette” jewelry collection. MSRP: $52.00
- 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Spring Bouquet (470) $52.00
- 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Pink May (909) $52.00
- 1-Colour Eyeshadow in Flirty Brown (555) $23.50
- 1-Colour Eyeshadow in Blooming Pink (915) $23.50
- Rouge Dior in Amber Camera (334) $26.00
- Rouge Dior in Brown Close-Up (657) $26.00
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Beige Velvet (127) $24.50
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Cotton Petal (247) $24.50
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Pink Liberty (457) $24.50
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Fuchsia Poplin (577) $24.50
DiorSkin Shimmer Star & Powders
DiorSkin Shimmer Star
Dress up your skin in jewel-like shimmer! This all-over compact powder features five micro-shimmering tones and a rich, ultra-sheer texture that melts into the skin to create a radiant, luminous finish. Available in Pink or Bronze color harmonies. $42.00
DiorSkin Powders Pressed & Loose Powders
Introducing Dior’s favorite DiorSkin Pressed and Loose Powders in updated, Cannage-style packaging and continuous moisture release formulas. These matte and luminous hydrating powders provide high coverage while still allowing the skin’s natural radiance to shine through. Each available in transparent shades of Light (001), Medium (002), and Dark (003). Pressed Powder: $36.50, Loose Powder: $44.00
Flower Blossom and DiorSkin Shimmer Star & Powders will both be available January 2008 Dior Beauty Counters Nationwide.
Check out all the delicious photo details… Continue reading →
The ultimate dichotomy of innocence and seduction, NARS Spring 2008 mystifies with a melange of hues delicate yet robust, creating the modern hybrid of feminine temptation. Gossamer pearl and golden champagnes veil eyes with hypnotic subtlety, while shades of burnt sienna, rose and poppy ignite lips with lascivious splendor for an overall look of irresistible attraction.
Due to their wildly popular success, classics Dolce Vita and Belle de Jour are reinvented in new textures; the dusty rose hue of Dolce Vita is given a high shine brilliance in a gloss formulation and Belle de Jour’s nude beige is modernized in a seamless matte finish.
- Alhambra Duo Eyeshadow Metallic rose mist and golden champagne $31.00
- Abyssinia Single Eyeshadow Delicate Pearl Sheen $21.00
- Success Lipstick Burnt sienna $23.00
- Manhunt Lipstick Sheer poppy red $23.00
- Dolce Vita Lip Gloss Dusty rose $23.00
- Greek Holiday Lip Gloss Sparkling Pink Sand $23.00
- Belle de Jour Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Nude Beige $23.00
- Orgasm The Multiple Peachy Pink with Shimmer $36.50
Available: January 2008@ www.narscosmetics.com.
Now, let us tantalize you with some product photos! Continue reading →
Bobbi’s Inspiration: “Raspberry is a brilliant way to wear color. It brings out the natural flush of pink on cheeks. There’s a shade of raspberry for every complexion — from pink to deep raspberry.”
Pink Raspberry Face Palette ($55.00)
The new Pink Raspberry Face Palette has everything a woman needs to get the Spring look. This limited edition compact features a beautiful range of cool, neutral tones for eyes offset by sheer shades of pink raspberry for lips and cheeks.
- Exclusive Navajo Eye Shadow
- New, Exclusive Fog Eye Shadow
- New, Exclusive Pink Raspberry Blush
- New, Exclusive Raspberry Lip Sheer
- New, Exclusive Blue Raspberry Lip Sheer
Pink Raspberry Mini Brush Set ($55.00)
The new Pink Raspberry Mini Brush Set includes key makeup brushes to create the look of the season. A soft, zip around black case with a raspberry interior features four of Bobbi’s most popular mini brushes: Blush, Eye Shadow, Eye Liner and Lip.
Lip Crayon ($22.00)
Bobbi’s new Lip Crayons offer the luxurious feel of lipstick in the convenience of a jumbo sized, crayon-inspired pencil. This non-drying formula has a smooth, creamy feel and color that lasts all day. Each pencil comes with a complimentary custom sized sharpener.
- Pink Raspberry
- Wild Raspberry
Black Raspberry lip sheer ($22.00)
This light, creamy formula is designed to give lips a wash of see-through color. Now available in a beautiful new Black Raspberry shade.
Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks ($22.00)
This award winning cream-based formula is great for both lips and cheeks. Now available in two new shades of raspberry that work on a wide range of skin tones.
Pink Raspberry Glitter Lip Gloss ($19.00)
To complement the Pink Raspberry Face Palette, Bobbi introduces Pink Raspberry Glitter Lip Gloss. This beautiful new shade offers high shine and shimmer.
Pink popsicle Lip Gloss ($19.00)
The perfect touch of color for Spring. Bobbi’s new Pink Popsicle Lip Gloss offers a bright burst of clear color.
Bobbi Brown’s Spring 2008 Pink Raspberry Collection will hit stores this January 2008! Check out photos to go along with this new collection… Continue reading →